Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only One Thing Is Wrong.

PerishedFraud

So far, people have complained about too many things. But only one is truly a mistake. Observe:

-New infested are overpowered. - No, rolling and spin melee removes swarms, goop and that DOT thing. Infested are fun now and as powerful as other factions.

-Alad V coordinates are hard to get. -Alad is not part of the event, he will always remain a boss accessed like this, much like Vay Hek. As such, the difficulty is fine.

-Mesa has two useless abilities. -Super jump, bounce, Soul punch, Sleight of hand...I can go on. It is not rare for frames to have some "bad" abilities. Additionally, Mesa can get adjustments soon.

And now, the only real issue:

Tethra drops.

After going through tons of work and finishing the event. We are expected to go on about 15 missions, each lasting about 40 minutes. Just to get a full tethra set? It is not uncommon to go up to 40 and not get a single drop. This is literally as bad as it gets. The event is limited and demands that we invest almost all of our time in it, and even then, there is a chance that it will be for nothing. Wanna compare it to void towers? No sir, towers have useful rewards, such as cores and prime parts (Some are useful/used even if you weren't looking for them. And the rest will be used for the Void Trader). When doing the event survival, we basically get nothing for 40 minutes just for a tiny chance to get one part of what we are looking for. And the event ends in three days.

Edited by BeeOverlord

rage

You are missing the point.

Someone out there is gonna say that shooting gallery and the barrier are awesome.

Most people won't.

Don't take it as a personal offence ;)

Debatable.

What is there to debate? Alad is Hek except easier to get, but unable to quick-farm for.

Mesa abilities aren't anything special compared to many existing frames, and they are not final.

Edited by BeeOverlord

What is there to debate? Alad is Hek except easier to get, but unable to quick-farm for.

Mesa abilities aren't anything special compared to many existing frames, and they are not final.

The issue with Alad is just as you said: time. There are those who see the grind as being too lengthy.

As for Mesa, there are people who just don't like those abilities at all, and some feel a little skeptic that future changes won't make them better.

you mean you can now farm for free what used to cost a buttload of plat? why, the audacity.

You mean we can now farm the Tethra mods for free, but with an incredibly low droprate and limited time? For people who have other stuff going on IRL, it sucks, because they can't actually get in on this. Even if you are grinding this, it takes an incredibly long time to get a single mod, let alone somehow get the entire set, if you missed it.

The issue is not that these are farmable yet hard to get, it's that they're FARM NOW OR MISS OUT, and that in conjunction with their rarity makes this event painful to anyone seeking the full set.

You mean we can now farm the Tethra mods for free, but with an incredibly low droprate and limited time? For people who have other stuff going on IRL, it sucks, because they can't actually get in on this. Even if you are grinding this, it takes an incredibly long time to get a single mod, let alone somehow get the entire set, if you missed it.

The issue is not that these are farmable yet hard to get, it's that they're FARM NOW OR MISS OUT, and that in conjunction with their rarity makes this event painful to anyone seeking the full set.

you mean kinda like the last event was time limited? i can understand a poor drop chance, but i'm not hunting them as i got them in the last event and don't seek financial gains through selling them to other players, but they ARE out there. if it's purely a drop chance issue what you suggest in the way of fixing it? what would be acceptable to you?

you mean kinda like the last event was time limited? i can understand a poor drop chance, but i'm not hunting them as i got them in the last event and don't seek financial gains through selling them to other players, but they ARE out there. if it's purely a drop chance issue what you suggest in the way of fixing it? what would be acceptable to you?

IMHO, I'd either make them all drop at a higher time limit in comparison to the puncture mods, simply increase the drop chances, make each C rotation give them as a guaranteed drop, or make them drop in a similar fashion to Corrupted Vor, where they're available year-round (not even necessarily as a boss drop). The real issue is the combination of poor RNG and a time limit, so eliminating one should help the issue, if not fix it.

IMHO, I'd either make them all drop at a higher time limit in comparison to the puncture mods, simply increase the drop chances, make each C rotation give them as a guaranteed drop, or make them drop in a similar fashion to Corrupted Vor, where they're available year-round (not even necessarily as a boss drop). The real issue is the combination of poor RNG and a time limit, so eliminating one should help the issue, if not fix it.

i can get behind this. good suggestion.

It comes at every 20 mins, so leave at 20 isn't that bad.

But there are lost of them farming out there, why don't you find some good deals.

I got the shotgun one from the mission, pistol and melee each 25P, rifle 40. not bad.

and hunt and trade all this mods will be time consuming but that's like for every great items you can get from a game, it takes time.

Any way, good luck

I can agree to everything you said but not this.

-Mesa has two useless abilities. -Super jump, bounce, Soul punch, Sleight of hand...I can go on. It is not rare for frames to have some "bad" abilities. Additionally, Mesa can get adjustments soon.

Some of those are pretty good ability and for utilities. And others can do better with some added utility effects and minor adjustment. But they are not bad abilities.

And I couldn't emphasize enough about the swamp. Yes. you can just "rolling and spin melee removes swarms". And again, use your melee to get rid of it and prevent it from spreading to another. I remember the first day of the event, everybody was flooding the chats with complain. "Did you know you can roll out of it or rid of it with melee?" "Oh, ok." 

And about the Tethra mods drop, maybe need a better clarification and/or adjustment, it seems. I find that after 20 mins interval there is a drop of a "rare/special" mod and a Tethra mod is just part of the drop chance. And it should be like that if not already.

Tethra mods are not the only ones or or the end in themselves, after the 20 mins interval. But players are expecting or going after only Tethra mods drop... Thus, they see the chance is against them. What happens after you have played about 20 or 50 times? I guess I can expect to see a lot of new complain threads on the forum; bored, no more incentive and too many Tethra mods. 

Not bad. not bad.

Spin melee is the way to go against swarms. really.

But the problem is this.

Working hard for rare mods is perfectly justifiable. But the event lasts two more days. We literally have to pray to RNG and spend every second we have just farming tethra.

I spent 8 hours today and I have 2/4 mods.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Working hard for rare mods is perfectly justifiable. But the event lasts two more days. We literally have to pray to RNG and spend every second we have just farming tethra.

I spent 8 hours today and I have 2/4 mods.

I will respectfully disagree with you, though you are half right working hard for rare mods is justifiable.

The current droprates for the mods are extremely bad, and completely screws over people who do not have over 8 hours a day for a "chance" to get one mod out of four.  I think we can all agree that teams who spend at least 40minutes in that survival should be granted at least one mod and it gives them time to attempt to get the other ones before wednesday.

Vor is guaranteed to drop a event mod, I see absolutely no problem with a guaranteed  drop in a C rotation considering its limited time.

I don't usually have 8 hours per day!

I put aside many things in my schedule for later because the event is over in two days!

These drops would be fine if you could always have a chance, but for a limited event, its ridiculous!

Oh, I apologize!

I mistook your post as someone who was defending this nightmare grind.

Yeah I totally agree with you.

Edited by Juebev