The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Role?

Deidaku

Question

18 answers to this question

A frame is whatever you make it. It depends heavily on how you play it and how you mod it.

It's notable that she has heavy armor and a skill that buffs her melee damage.

Then again, she has a skill that works best when fired at range and then sprayed with shotgun ammo. She's quite versatile.

I'd say Saryn's an "offensive tank" or something like that. Her high health and armor give her good survivability, and Molt helps draw fire and removes status effects while still dealing damage.

Her other abilities all add a lot to the offensive push.

Saryns amazing.

A proper power build means you can do 13k Miasma 4's with only 25 energy cost.

A proper Molt build means you can basicaly have a stationary rhino iron skin thats immobile while you turn into a turret

My personal favourate? Melee Kill everything build:

(copy and paste time)

NOTE: Update 15s removal of ability slots messed up my build a lil, so That will explain the extra formas 

Infested build!
h9h1Btw.png

My infested build is designed for Close range melee against infested, LIFE STRIKE is needed on your melee, and preferably make the melee something amazing like Dragon Nikana, Daul ichors, or Twin cleavers with the new Augment mod

Handspring- Whenever you get knocked down, AND YOU WILL ALOT. you get up instantly, its almost as if you never hit the floor

Max vitality, armor and shield for max durability

Rage/Quick thinking,  this is where the magic truly shines. Your extremely tanky with this setup, but whenever your health IS attacked you gain energy back, hoping you have life strike in your melee means that you get your health back instantly after losing it using the energy gained from getting hurt in the first place. and even if your  health does get reduced to 1, all the damage goes to your energy which should be maxed thanks to the Rage mod.

Flow to maximize the energy buffer for your melee slashes/rage/quick thinking

Equilibrium - Energy orbs to health, health orbs to energy, which you will get a lot meleeing them hard

Ive literally gone to wave 70+ just meleeing with this build, and BOY does it make you feel like a God.

Saryn's role is to Fart in general direction of enemies. She is a handicap waframe, just like Ember. A good example of how developers forget about their old flaws, deceiving players' attention whith new "shinies".

Ill be honest, Ember REALLY needs to be looked at again.

But i truly think saryn is in a good place

If you gear her up for Miasma spam she's pretty OP.

In my case, I equipped her with Stretch (for range), Streamline and Fleeting Expertise (for efficiency) and Intensify and Transient Fortitude (for strength). The negative time duration on both of the corrupted mods actually makes Miasma more effective as it causes all the damage to be dealt within a shorter time period.

The remaining mod slots went to whatever I felt like. XD

Saryn is the best "press to kill everything frame". The only frame that even comes close to her atm is Excalibur and he falls off faster due to not dealing Corrosive damage which scales a lot better against void enemies and ancients. Saryn also has an extremely fast cast time with Natural Talent. 

She can easily melt her way through non-endless T4 missions without any support (and other high level content), it's only in endless missions that her damage starts to finally fall off and she becomes less useful than the usual CC contenders. 

Edited by Cynick

Ill be honest, Ember REALLY needs to be looked at again.

But i truly think saryn is in a good place

Don't you think that Saryn still needs some tweaks? I suppose making Venom deal Viral damage whith forced proc will give it usability on high levels.

Also, Molt could use some tweaking, like giving invincibility for 1-2 seconds after casting.

Edited by Lagomorf

Don't you think that Saryn still needs some tweaks? I suppose making Venom deal Viral damage whith forced proc will give it usability on high levels.

Also, Molt could use some tweaking, like giving invincibility for 1-2 seconds after casting.

In my opinion not really xD

Her venom will pretty much proc nearly everyone in a group at some point, to be sure just cast it twice 

I have a molt build where im stationary inside the molt, because if you cast it while standing still and have Shred on your weapon you can shoot enemies but they cant shoot you

Contagion is always considered a bad ability, I however have made melee builds where i can focus on damage, and electric, then whenever i need the contagion i just use it and insta corrosive.

And her 4 is just plain good xD

Hard to say. A lot of people seem to like saryn. Haven't really been a fan since the big damage type change to her. I mean, she's okay and interesting in her own right, but I don't really bother with her for anything.

Hard to say. A lot of people seem to like saryn. Haven't really been a fan since the big damage type change to her. I mean, she's okay and interesting in her own right, but I don't really bother with her for anything.

Its because shes a hidden Gem 

Just try Rage/QT/Max health/armor, youll never die ;D

Even though she is toxic damage, she is great against hordes of infested, for example, her first ability, will bascially cause an infection that will wipe the swarms of enemies clean, and if that fails, use misma and with scindo prime, her contation abiltiy will make it wreck face even more, and her high health and armor means she can take high level enemies, so i would say, shes a tanky caster. And her molt ability is a great distraction much like loki's decoy ability.