The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Kubrow Permanently Died..? Are You Kidding Me, De?

Zanukacola

If you open up the kubrow menu on the Liset, it straight up tells you how your kubrow is feeling. Lower health percentages will tell you that its health is declining, and if it hits the negatives, it starts telling you to buy DNA stabilizers to save it.

If it dies, it is absolutely 100% your fault. If you're going to quit playing, put it in stasis. If you don't, that's on you.

Except I keep it at 100% when I'm active, so I've never seen the negative health alerts. But I forgot to put it in stasis, and therefore I deserve to lose my money! I've always wanted games I play for fun to give me chores and conditions to think about, and set out monetary punishments when I don't meet them!

If you open up the kubrow menu on the Liset, it straight up tells you how your kubrow is feeling. Lower health percentages will tell you that its health is declining, and if it hits the negatives, it starts telling you to buy DNA stabilizers to save it.

If it dies, it is absolutely 100% your fault. If you're going to quit playing, put it in stasis. If you don't, that's on you.

dude, he wasnt PLAYING during the time the Kubrow hit the negatives! He had no warning at that time.

Its not like warframe sends you an Email letting you know your Kubrow will die in X days.

...actually, i wouldnt mind a warning like that now that i think about it

It said right up front that should you neglet your Kubrow, it would die. You go to the Kubrow in the Liset, click on it and it TELLS you how healthy and happy it is. In fact, theres an item called DNA Stabilizer, which heals the Kubrow. EVERYTHING points to the fact the Kubrow can DIE. Just start fresh. Get a new Incubator, egg and such. Also, did you know before DEL added the "Cosign to the Lotus" option, which releases the Kubrow to the care of the Lotus, players had to wait a long time to kill off their Kubrow because they didnt like it or want it? There were DOZENS of threads asking for a way to release the Kubrow because players were tired of waiting.

Side note, you shouldve kept everything you bought for Platinum, the Kubrow colors, the patterns, all that jazz, you shouldve only lost the Kubrow. Now, if you lost the Kubrow accessories, send a support ticket in. But that Kubrow is gone forever and I doubt DEL would be willing to restore its life.

It said right up front that should you neglet your Kubrow, it would die. You go to the Kubrow in the Liset, click on it and it TELLS you how healthy and happy it is. In fact, theres an item called DNA Stabilizer, which heals the Kubrow. EVERYTHING points to the fact the Kubrow can DIE. Just start fresh. Get a new Incubator, egg and such. Also, did you know before DEL added the "Cosign to the Lotus" option, which releases the Kubrow to the care of the Lotus, players had to wait a long time to kill off their Kubrow because they didnt like it or want it? There were DOZENS of threads asking for a way to release the Kubrow because players were tired of waiting.

Side note, you shouldve kept everything you bought for Platinum, the Kubrow colors, the patterns, all that jazz, you shouldve only lost the Kubrow. Now, if you lost the Kubrow accessories, send a support ticket in. But that Kubrow is gone forever and I doubt DEL would be willing to restore its life.

I'd be much more okay with it if that was the case, but as it is, the imprints I bought to produce a specific Kubrow as well as the reactor I used to double its capacity are gone with it. 

Except I keep it at 100% when I'm active, so I've never seen the negative health alerts. 

There are no alerts.  That's the biggest problem.  The dog's health should be listed over his chamber.  There is no reason why it isn't.

Yes, someone should occasionally check the dog's health.  However, after a player has finished the star map, hit 17 mastery, and generally leveled every obtainable item to 30, that player plays less often.  Or if some other player picks a bot to go instead.  Or for whatever reason.  Once a player forgets to check the kubrow's health one day, then that player is more likely to forget the next as well.

Now that player may still play and he'll run past the kubrow and guess what?  The dog acts the same.  He's still chasing rabbits while sleeping, he's still rubbing his butt on the deck, he's still running in circles and playfully barking.  So the player has no idea that anything is wrong.  And the dog will act like that until 7:59:59 PM EST until he drops dead the next second.  That's wrong.

So for all of you self-righteous people who can't help but spout "It's your own fault", yeah, you're right.  But that doesn't mean that the way things are set up now are best way or even a good way.  If the dog can die from hunger then how's about the dog acting like he's hungry.  If ordis can yammer constantly about the same things over and over again, how about him mentioning "Hey, your dog is hungry."  If ordis is smart enough to whisk away the remains of the dog, then how about ordis feeding him (you know that the DNA stabilizers are stored in the ship) or putting him in stasis?

Just a little feedback to a starving dog would make sense.

Edited by DVIKVM

If ordis is smart enough to whisk away the remains of the dog, then how about ordis feeding him (you know that the DNA stabilizers are stored in the ship) or putting him in stasis?

Holy crap.

Of all the useless things that Ordis says, why can the AI THAT PILOTS OUR SHIP administer food/medical attention as long as we have a stockpile of them on hand?

That'd easily solve the issue

as much as i can relate to the OP's feelings, the info was readily available, i have no idea how you didnt hear about kubrow perma-death unless you avoided region/forums/etc for months, as that was basically all they talked about

on the other hand, i think kubrow perma-death from lack of maintenance is a horrible ingame mechanic, and ive lobbied for swapping loyalty/dna around ever since they came into the game

ie dna only degrades upon kubrow death, but loyalty degrades daily, also kubrow can only go to -90%hp, still requires stabilizers to repair/heal

since loyalty degrades over time if you were gone for awhile, when you came back your kubrow would hate you and do basically no dmg, BUT WOULD NOT BE DEAD, and it would take several days of loving on your pup before yall were friends again, thusly there is still maintenance for functional performance

OW CRAP!I FORGOT MY KURBOW!!!!
*runs to the incubator* *100% health* few...*interacts* How's a good little throat eater? Yes you are!
Anyway,didn't know either that Kurbows can die permanently.
You didn't know so it wasn't your fault.
But it's good to know that you're obligated to look after him like every week to see his health and interact with him for damage as well.
Sorry about your Kurbow lose...

Edited by Gxtreme

You people keep talking about game mechanics and the wiki and they have nothing to do with anything. Someone pays money for something that something is then taken from him without his consent.

Let me ask you something when you buy an egg is the game says something along the lines of: you pay money for something that can die click agree to continue?

This is an online game we all play from different parts of the world where i come from its the corporations responsibility to make sure you know what you pay for. If its possible to puchase an egg without knowing you can lose it that's the fault of DE and you DESERVE a refund or your kubrow back.

I love the Kubrows and so does my kid. But I can totally agree that losing something in game that you paid real money for would be a real hard kick in the nuts. In my opinion, if you actually pay REAL money for a Kubrow, it SHOULD remove the Kubrow's expiration handicap. If you hatched a Kubrow with credits, then you should need to keep taking care of it.

Real money is real money no matter what way you look at it. Losing it hurts. Real money should permanently cure the Kubrow's degenerative disease.

You people keep talking about game mechanics and the wiki and they have nothing to do with anything. Someone pays money for something that something is then taken from him without his consent.

Let me ask you something when you buy an egg is the game says something along the lines of: you pay money for something that can die click agree to continue?

This is an online game we all play from different parts of the world where i come from its the corporations responsibility to make sure you know what you pay for. If its possible to puchase an egg without knowing you can lose it that's the fault of DE and you DESERVE a refund or your kubrow back.

If you pay for a dog and abandon it for a month was it taken without your consent?

I guess you have a point considering OP was forced to pay

If you pay for a dog and abandon it for a month was it taken without your consent?

Its the responsibility of DE to make sure he knows what he pays for he didnt that means DE made a mistake. Last year i had an accident and i was in the hospital for a month if i payed for a dog i would have lost it too why the OP in this case didnt take care of the dog has nothing to do with anything.

Yes it was taken without his consent becouse he wasnt informed by DE that it can be taken.

The difference is that dogs *have* to eat or they die, because dogs are living animals. There's no reason for Kubrows to die permanently other than 'because DE wants it that way'. I've played other online games with pets before; yes, they have to be fed regularly, and yes, there are consequences for abandoning them for long periods. What I've never seen is a game that says 'welp your pet is gone now', especially not when its possible to put real money into them (ie. formas, potatoes).

But again, as much as it was something I could have prevented by doing more research, my point is ultimately that there is 1) no reason for permanent kubrow death to exist in the first place, as its an unnecessarily harsh mechanic that punishes players and 2) it's unethical to allow players to spend real money on something implied to be permanent that can actually be lost under fairly ordinary circumstances.

At the end of the day, DE could even stand to profit by eliminating permanent kubrow death; just add a high 'revival tax' in credits with a corresponding plat price. 

I really don't understand the contempt many people are showing. Does anyone have fun when content they paid for disappears? Should a game really be insisting on players having to meet certain conditions or lose their paid content? 

Sorry to hear about your Kubrow.  You'd think It should be a given that when the Kubrows health reaches zero something bad will happen.  But that seems very easy to overlook at first, especially the perma-death part.  A little more feedback from the game could probably help in preventing the frequency of this problem while keeping its game-play mechanic intact.  As far as the toxic responses go, just ignore them.  Unless that is, you too have some kind of fetish for arguing the logistical comparisons and relevancy of virtual pets verses real pets in relation to the issue you are having. 

Its the responsibility of DE to make sure he knows what he pays for he didnt that means DE made a mistake. Last year i had an accident and i was in the hospital for a month if i payed for a dog i would have lost it too why the OP in this case didnt take care of the dog has nothing to do with anything.

Yes it was taken without his consent becouse he wasnt informed by DE that it can be taken.

Really? If everything worked like that then anyone who played dumb could get away with suing for the most ridiculous thing

This is alot of the reason why we have to have warnings on some of the simplest things

DE warned plenty

There was talk all over the forums and its on the wiki

"Genetic Stability refers to the Kubrow's physical vitality, which affects its maximum health. A newly hatched Kubrow starts out with 100% Genetic Stability, giving it a +100% bonus to its maximum health; a Kubrow with 150 base health will have 300 health at 100% stability. Their Genetic Stability degrades by 10% every 24 hours, which reduces the amount of bonus health and even reduce their maximum health beyond its base if left alone for too long. The Kubrow will eventually die if its Genetic Stability drops to 0%. This degradation can be countered by using DNA Stabilizers available from the Market, which restores lost Genetic Stability by 40% per use. DNA Stabilizers can only be used once per day."

The difference is that dogs *have* to eat or they die, because dogs are living animals. There's no reason for Kubrows to die permanently other than 'because DE wants it that way'. I've played other online games with pets before; yes, they have to be fed regularly, and yes, there are consequences for abandoning them for long periods. What I've never seen is a game that says 'welp your pet is gone now', especially not when its possible to put real money into them (ie. formas, potatoes).

But again, as much as it was something I could have prevented by doing more research, my point is ultimately that there is 1) no reason for permanent kubrow death to exist in the first place, as its an unnecessarily harsh mechanic that punishes players and 2) it's unethical to allow players to spend real money on something implied to be permanent that can actually be lost under fairly ordinary circumstances.

At the end of the day, DE could even stand to profit by eliminating permanent kubrow death; just add a high 'revival tax' in credits with a corresponding plat price. 

I really don't understand the contempt many people are showing. Does anyone have fun when content they paid for disappears? Should a game really be insisting on players having to meet certain conditions or lose their paid content? 

Regardless of why or whether or not they die is irrelevant to the current situation

its OPs fault plain and simple

You have more than enough days to put them in stasis or log on and stabilize them and if you cant get on the you can always contact support and have them take care of things for you

I wouldnt call going away for a month and blaming DE for you not preventing this from happening yourself an ordinary circumstance either

Really? If everything worked like that then anyone who played dumb could get away with suing for the most ridiculous thing

This is alot of the reason why we have to have warnings on some of the simplest things

DE warned plenty

There was talk all over the forums and its on the wiki

"Genetic Stability refers to the Kubrow's physical vitality, which affects its maximum health. A newly hatched Kubrow starts out with 100% Genetic Stability, giving it a +100% bonus to its maximum health; a Kubrow with 150 base health will have 300 health at 100% stability. Their Genetic Stability degrades by 10% every 24 hours, which reduces the amount of bonus health and even reduce their maximum health beyond its base if left alone for too long. The Kubrow will eventually die if its Genetic Stability drops to 0%. This degradation can be countered by using DNA Stabilizers available from the Market, which restores lost Genetic Stability by 40% per use. DNA Stabilizers can only be used once per day."

Regardless of why or whether or not they die is irrelevant to the current situation

its OPs fault plain and simple

You have more than enough days to put them in stasis or log on and stabilize them and if you cant get on the you can always contact support and have them take care of things for you

I wouldnt call going away for a month and blaming DE for you not preventing this from happening yourself an ordinary circumstance either

I hate to break it to you but everyone who plays dumb CAN get away with suing for the most ridiculous things. Don't you watch the news?

The wiki is not part of the game and on the forums you don't find things unless you are specifically searching for them.

I ask once again when you buy an egg does the game asks you: you are putting down money for something that can be lost are you agree to this? As far as i know the answer is no.

Im not sure what its called in english but i worked at a place where we sold used cars and i know for a fact that this stuff is in the law i didn't pull it out of my &#! i assume the US has similar laws. I know we talking about a digital pet here but the same rules should apply if you sell people something you have to make sure they know what they buying otherwise they CAN in fact sue you.

If the guy didn't know the dog can die that's the fault of DE i don't even know what the argument is about this is basic stuff.

Actually the whole suing thing gave me a funny thought if OP says he was emotionally connected with the kubrow and losing him messed him up mentally and can get a psychologist to say its for real he could get money out of DE. Im serious i heard people suing over stupider things and wining this is legally possible.

Actually the whole suing thing gave me a funny thought if OP says he was emotionally connected with the kubrow and losing him messed him up mentally and can get a psychologist to say its for real he could get money out of DE. Im serious i heard people suing over stupider things and wining this is legally possible.

wait, this is the world we live in now? I don't wanna live on this planet any more

On topic: I'm sorry for your Kubrow and loss of plat, and I agree that there should be, at the very least, something in place in game to warn you that Kubrows can die permanately

I hate to break it to you but everyone who plays dumb CAN get away with suing for the most ridiculous things. Don't you watch the news?

The wiki is not part of the game and on the forums you don't find things unless you are specifically searching for them.

I ask once again when you buy an egg does the game asks you: you are putting down money for something that can be lost are you agree to this? As far as i know the answer is no.

Im not sure what its called in english but i worked at a place where we sold used cars and i know for a fact that this stuff is in the law i didn't pull it out of my @$$ i assume the US has similar laws. I know we talking about a digital pet here but the same rules should apply if you sell people something you have to make sure they know what they buying otherwise they CAN in fact sue you.

If the guy didn't know the dog can die that's the fault of DE i don't even know what the argument is about this is basic stuff.

If he bought the car without knowing it well enough and it breaks down on him thats his fault isnt it?

The car didnt come with a warranty

There was plenty of information easily obtainable but he chose not ti look for it

He could have gotten the care entirely free if he wanted to as well

Im not arguing whether or not it should or shouldnt be the way it is

But as it is now its OPs fault

As for people playing dumb

I know and thats why i said it

This is why we have to remind people to use common sense on everything

Theyre so full of BS theyll take the chance to cheat anyone

Either way OP should have known