The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Interesting Tid-Bit In The Alad V Quest...

Evanescent

Hm, that's possible, but I would think from the description of Kaleen's face that it had been a fire burn and not a radiation burn. I kinda googled a few pictures (I do not recommend it if you are eating/ on a large screen with family around) and the description fits the images more of a fire burn rather than radiation. 

My current headcanon Tenno-Warframe theory is still on the Neon Genesis Evangelion / Kill la Kill kind of suit-owner relationship, where both suit and owner are living. There's a physical Tenno, either male or female, that dons a Warframe of either gender and adapts their powers. Tenno and Warframe synchronize to the point that neither is distinguishable and work in perfect harmony. However, whether the powers belong to the Warframe or the Tenno is still uncertain.

Well, given that the Mesa Warframe Alad sics on you is able to utilize its abilities when it's "Hollow" - that is to say, without a Tenno pilot (Lotus confirms this) - and being piloted only by Infested flesh, I'm DEFINITELY inclined to say that it's the Warframes that have the powers.

And yeah, she uses powers. I was the victim of Shatter Shield many times when I tried to solo her.

From Ember Prime the powers came from the child. And Kaleen had glowing eyes now as well because she was touched by the void spawned fires of lil Em.

Glowing eyes? Where does it say she has glowing eyes?

Bright and blinking? That only means it wasn't burned into blindness (like the other eye) by whatever Lil Ember did to her - the ol' "Light in their eyes" saying.

Edited by Morec0

One more curious thing to note;

Vor uses an Orokin Control Device called the Ascaris. It embeds itself in the Warframe/Tenno spine.

Two things are exciting.

1) The Orokin obviously used multiple ways of ruling its subjects. Perhaps Corpus use a similar indoctrination technique.

2) There is a spine and it is vulnerable.

Honestly she's probably talking about the "flesh" within, It was likely a tenno originally, but alad has infested it to the point where it is no longer. Hence the put it out of it's misery. Infested don't just spawn they have to infest something. Once the infestation takes root the being is no longer what it was. You wouldn't consider a Runner a corpus still would you?

Vor uses an Orokin Control Device called the Ascaris. It embeds itself in the Warframe/Tenno spine.

Two things are exciting.

1) The Orokin obviously used multiple ways of ruling its subjects. Perhaps Corpus use a similar indoctrination technique.

I'm not sure that the Ascaris is Orokin. I mean, it uses the same Model as the Grustrag Bolt; though I guess you could argue that was just a placeholder model (though it would be strange to do that for such an important plot point) and that the ability for a modern device to disarm it (as provided by Darvo) is just because everything now seems to be based off of Orokin Tech.

But I think the Ascaris is indeed a modern device, not Orokin. Though I suppose this is moot in the overall conversation.

Honestly she's probably talking about the "flesh" within, It was likely a tenno originally, but alad has infested it to the point where it is no longer. Hence the put it out of it's misery. Infested don't just spawn they have to infest something. Once the infestation takes root the being is no longer what it was. You wouldn't consider a Runner a corpus still would you?

You think if there was a Tenno in there she would have mentioned that. I mean, it's not like she's AT ALL detached from us. Remember the Mirage Quest? Remember how concerned for us she is when Grustag attacks? Or during Vor's Prize? I don't think she'd just brush off an Infested Tenno as being "not a Tenno".

Two things are exciting.

Why wouldn't there be a spine? It has to be there in case of either spirit-Tenno, physical-Tenno, or even poly-Tenno theory.

Why wouldn't there be a spine? It has to be there in case of either spirit-Tenno, physical-Tenno, or even poly-Tenno theory.

A spine by wich Vor can control a Tenno. If Tenno are some form of spirit, remote host, why would the Ascaris own them? Just break the connection.

This speak in favor of organic, living warframes.

A spine by wich Vor can control a Tenno. If Tenno are some form of spirit, remote host, why would the Ascaris own them? Just break the connection.

This speak in favor of organic, living warframes.

As does the seemingly hollow nature of the frame seen in The Profit and then mentioned by Lotus (although that statement could be metaphor, but if that's the case: it seems quite a bit like everyone in this universe uses metaphors).

As does the seemingly hollow nature of the frame seen in The Profit and then mentioned by Lotus (although that statement could be metaphor, but if that's the case: it seems quite a bit like everyone in this universe uses metaphors).

I think the Excal looked hollow because his wounds were sealed as they were cut, like what you would expect from a laser.

I think the Excal looked hollow because his wounds were sealed as they were cut, like what you would expect from a laser.

Should there not have been that red glow all throughout the wounded area, then? Or at least something that appeared to be burnt flesh or metal? Look at it in full HD up as good as I can, it DEFINITELY looks like there is just nothing there. It's more black void than cauterized wound.

Edited by Morec0

Should there not have been that red glow all throughout the wounded area, then? Or at least something that appeared to be burnt flesh or metal? Look at it in full HD up as good as I can, it DEFINITELY looks like there is just nothing there. It's more black void than cauterized wound.

I'll go rewatch the trailer again then... To Youtube!!!

Then theres Alad.

"I commit thee to the Void."

And Lotus telling us warframes and Orokin technology is Holy and Sacred.

Im sure there was a Blasphemy in there too, regarding Alad.

The religious angle is kind of forgotten now, though you have to wonder what they really know about Tenno.

Ok so back from Youtube (and Computer Science Class). At about 0:19 & 0:21 you can see that most of the burnt bits are on the edges, which seemingly imply hollowness. But!!! If you look carefully there are a few small embers that are closer to the center, (why they're that small, I don't know)  which means that there is something that can be burnt in the center.

Ok so back from Youtube (and Computer Science Class). At about 0:19 & 0:21 you can see that most of the burnt bits are on the edges, which seemingly imply hollowness. But!!! If you look carefully there are a few small embers that are closer to the center, (why they're that small, I don't know)  which means that there is something that can be burnt in the center.

As a while bureaucrat once said:

But I'm tempted to say that is where the frame is meant to meet the Tenno inside, to link them together in whatever way that allows such seemless connection. Or perhaps there is something in there, though I'm not sure why a Tenno body or the inside of Warframe would be unburnable.

-snip-

But I'm tempted to say that is where the frame is meant to meet the Tenno inside, to link them together in whatever way that allows such seemless connection. Or perhaps there is something in there, though I'm not sure why a Tenno body or the inside of Warframe would be unburnable.

What if the Tenno are like the T-1000? In the sense of morphing metal. They would be burned and if metal is heated enough it would melt and make a clean slice.

Edited by reptillicus

What if the Tenno are like the T-1000? In the sense of morphing metal. They would be burned and if metal is heated enough it would melt and make a clean slice.

Well, unless they're pitch black... also, if that were the case, i STILL feel like we'd see SOME color throughout the entire hole, not just little lines of burnt metal.

The entire premise of this topic kinda relies on the wonky assertion that Lotus uses the word "Hollow" in the literal sense. I mean, you sometimes hear people IRL being referred to as "husks", "empty shells" or "hollow", yet no one thinks they actually are without content inside their bodies, just that it refers to their state of mind. Given that we know what the actual effects of Alad V's Infested Collar are on a Warframe when he actually does use it on you during Assassinations, it's safe to say that the Lotus is simply referring to the Warframe as "Hollow" in the figurative sense, basically say that the Infested Mesa no longer has control of herself.