Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Screw "do You Even Lift?" Warframe Players Can Ask... "do You Even Playtest?"

Furyoushounen

The foundry/gun should be fixed, sorry about that. The loadout reset, this is from a format change to make the database cry less but I had hoped it wouldn't affect you. We're definitely not laughing... again sorry for the bugs.

Steve I send you a private message with a screenshot showing the color issue with Mag.

The foundry/gun should be fixed, sorry about that. The loadout reset, this is from a format change to make the database cry less but I had hoped it wouldn't affect you. We're definitely not laughing... again sorry for the bugs.

It's like your words put a band aid on my wound and made it feel much better. :D Luv ya Steve!

Shotguns should have pellet spread based on distance. The closer the more pellets that hit the mark.

When fighting against a crowd of enemies, those pellets could go hit other stray creeps behind. It's not substantial damage, but it's a good feeling compared to have 0 damage past a certain range. The shotgun isn't an airgun.

Damage fall off is a poor way to fix something that  should be fixed in another way.

I totally demand that my free to pay beta be perfect in every way with every patch and in the morning it should brew my coffee so that it finishes exactly three seconds before I walk in the kitchen.

(response to OP)

Edited by Carcharias

Yeah, these people get their panties in a bunch when the slightest thing happens they don't like and Instead of handling it like people with common sense they instantly start *@##$ing. Ever sense the patch yesterday there hasn't been a constructive thread about anything from the Hek nerfs which makes sense, to how the glaive distributed  They make mistakes and you can look at their track record that if something was gone about wrong they fix it. You people just need to learn patients and what it means to beta test a game.

Edited by Soathe

Hek was too good. Boar and Strun are still perfectly usable, even if not as good at range as they were. But since they were supposedly worse than Hek to begin and still pretty damn lethal, I don't get all the crying about the Hek since it wasn't nerfed by a higher percentage than the other two. Then again any OP thing that gets nerfed always brings in the crying. But frankly how someone can say they didn't see it coming is beyond me.

Yeah but these people who like nerfs don't get it. They'll soon find out how bad this is going to be when it becomes a habit for DE.

I giggled. It's not about liking nerfs (by the way, I specifically asked for all the nerfs so far, and Steve just can't say no to me.) it is about adjust a clear over-preference of isolated weapons that are not in line with their intended role and outclass other choice so much that other choice are automatically and inherently inferior. This is called balancing.

Yup. Definitely can look at the range falloff.

Wouldn't be a less sharp falloff with a higher spread help, too?

wfsig.png

"A bowl with too much milk! A ball with too much yarn! MORE CATS!" - DERebecca

These updates... seriously... do you even playtest?

... SMH...

We are the playtesters.

^^^ DING ^^^ We are BETA testers.

I'm sure they do playtesting... but would you rather they put out new content or just play their game all day. Think about how much playtesting we do (lets say 8,000 active accounts @ 10 hours/week....) that would be about 80,000 Manhours in a week. I HIGHLY doubt they could commit anywhere near that amount of time (nor would I want them to). I would rather have them program, do basic testing to make sure it works, then let us give feedback.

Mag colors seem to work for my two accounts. Screen shot?

Nerfing shotgun's sniper application seems sane to me.

A pattern of abuse by us on our players? I don't think so.

Repeat: We make mistakes, are nearly as dumb as you say, but if we're wrong and those weapons plummet off the stats we respond quickly without any attachment the status quo.

My Mag colors just got all reset to white (but you can change the colors back, so it's not a big deal)

I wouldn't call it a "mistake"... maybe just a "failed experiment."

Yup. Definitely can look at the range falloff.

AWESOME! I agree 100% that shotguns should have a falloff (as well as all weapons if/when maps get bigger). The Hek's description indicates that it's a medium-long range weapon. I just wonder what "medium range" means. 50m? 70m? 30m?.  The alternative could be having the shotguns have differen't "spread" values.

My other thought for people that want a "shotgun sniper" is perhaps a skin (like some of the melee weapons have) that increases falloff range to X while decreasing X (reloadspeed maybe).

After playing the Hek nerf, I can say with confidence that it does not change anything when I'm playing as if I'm wielding a shotgun. Yeah, the damage drops to nothing at around 15 meters out, but that's actually a pretty long way away. And...really... do you think it makes sense that you should be able to snipe with a minigun?

As far as the hek and gorgon being the only rank 3 and 4 weapons, come on. We get new weapons every week. How long do you think it's going to stay this way?

I do wonder how they didn't notice Shockwave MoAs turned blue or infested randomly glow green...

I found that the infested glow green when there is a healer near them healing.  You kill the healer and the glowing goes away.

As for the new shockwave moa coloration I actually like the small increase in difficulty, plus they are still bigger than normal Moas so you can still pick them out if you look close.

I found that the infested glow green when there is a healer near them healing.  You kill the healer and the glowing goes away.

As for the new shockwave moa coloration I actually like the small increase in difficulty, plus they are still bigger than normal Moas so you can still pick them out if you look close.

Decreasing game readability is what we call artificial difficulty, my friend. It's not hard because it's hard, it's hard because it's not giving you all the information you need.

That being said, since not everyone seems to be having this issue, it's very likely a bug,