Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Really; Make Those Frames Fun To Get.

Innocent_Flower

Hydroid Nav coordinates was BS 

Building the mirage quest itself with vault runs was uneccessary. The wait between missions whilst the parts were built was uneccessary, Limbo was slightly better though there is something far worse than the three of these combined.

Mesa: You do a huge quest, only to find that you need to do 3x3 invasion missions that pop up at random times. Then you need to keyshare. YOU SHOULD NEVER NEED TO KEYSHARE especially considering how tedious it is to get those keys. The recruiting channel is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

If you want to make these frames hard to get; Give them really hard missions : hectic spawns, multiple objectives, minibosses, bosses, Timers, high scores, mutators, alternate max playercounts, conclave limits, ... Don't leave it to grind and wait. Leave it to skill-based success and failure. 

Best way: A series of missions, with some pre-set parts,  with unique lotus lines, and frame parts given out on the way.

Pre-requisites can be other missions or frames; Mesa's mission to be only accessible after valkyr for example.) 

(prime frames can have longer,more numerous and very difficult missions. ) 

Seriously. If you make something stupidly tedius just to get players to buy something with plat;you're going to loose players. Just focus on giving us an enjoyable experience without us feeling like we're working. 

(just to seem more impartial; I have all the frames but mesa, who I'm missing a systems for) 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I'm all for adding lore/events based around the revelation of a new Frame....but seriously...once you do a few Missions in that Quest for the new frame, you should be able to rerun the boss like any other without a time/grind/RNG wall or wait an additional one hour to craft the damn key.

The only RNG involved in obtaining new frames should be what BP you get at the end of the mission.  (Even then, a token system would be best)

Edited by Lanieu

I think I get what you are saying, no one is happy about having to wait for those nav coordinate missions, but really hard missions for whom?

One player's fun/challenging is another's frustration/impossibility mission.   Depending on point of view, gear, skills, tolerance of Mutalist tactics*, or whatever.

[Edit]  *Just thinking of that recent Mutalist Survival mission that some enjoyed (me) and others acted like it was the end of the world or impossible.

Edited by Don_T_Shoot

I think I get what you are saying, no one is happy about having to wait for those nav coordinate missions, but really hard missions for whom?

One player's fun/challenging is another's frustration/impossibility mission.   Depending on point of view, gear, skills, tolerance of Mutalist tactics*, or whatever.

[Edit]  *Just thinking of that recent Mutalist Survival mission that some enjoyed (me) and others acted like it was the end of the world or impossible.

That's the thing. Say.. If you really wanted Hydroid to be available to only the most invested players you'd make the mission difficult. If there was a mission for excalibur the mission would be lower in level, but perhaps have some elements to spice it up. 

the nav coords mechanic for the new alad v is bs seriously if they could be found as a rare resource on eris or as a random end of mission reward for infested invasions/alerts not as the invasion or alert reward, or, or, or, or if it ONLY TOOK 1 FRIGGIN COORD then it would be acceptable. then the frame is still difficult to get but you are not stuck staring at the screen like a mad man waiting for a friggin invasion for 1 (one) (uno) (singular) mut coord that you still need 2 more for. also i love how there have been such a tiny number of infested invasions with coords for rewards. it's lovely.....

looks like DE has decided that we will have to shell out plat for new frames unless we want to wait 3 months for the new ones. 

and here i was thinking i could like this company..........

A time wall is the lesser of all other evils. I have no problem waiting 7 days to get a brand new warframe. People who spend money should feel like they are getting a little extra, or a little early.

Grind wall isn't that bad either. Nekros was horrrrrrrrrible, but at least we saw slow progress.

RNG walls are the absolute worst. Limbo was seen as broken, and Hydroid needed multiple fixes, and is still arguably lame.

Lotus help you if you try to stack walls upon walls. I swear to Ruk...

A time wall is the lesser of all other evils. I have no problem waiting 7 days to get a brand new warframe. People who spend money should feel like they are getting a little extra, or a little early.

Grind wall isn't that bad either. Nekros was horrrrrrrrrible, but at least we saw slow progress.

RNG walls are the absolute worst. Limbo was seen as broken, and Hydroid needed multiple fixes, and is still arguably lame.

Lotus help you if you try to stack walls upon walls. I swear to Ruk...

and mesa literally gets to go through all three walls. seriously getting vauban hydroid and nekros combined is less frustrating

Hydroid Nav coordinates was BS 

Building the mirage quest itself with vault runs was uneccessary. The wait between missions whilst the parts were built was uneccessary, Limbo was slightly better though there is something far worse than the three of these combined.

Mesa: You do a huge quest, only to find that you need to do 3x3 invasion missions that pop up at random times. Then you need to keyshare. YOU SHOULD NEVER NEED TO KEYSHARE especially considering how tedious it is to get those keys. The recruiting channel is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. 

If you want to make these frames hard to get; Give them really hard missions : hectic spawns, multiple objectives, minibosses, bosses, Timers, high scores, mutators, alternate max playercounts, conclave limits, ... Don't leave it to grind and wait. Leave it to skill-based success and failure. 

Best way: A series of missions, with some pre-set parts,  with unique lotus lines, and frame parts given out on the way.

Pre-requisites can be other missions or frames; Mesa's mission to be only accessible after valkyr for example.) 

(prime frames can have longer,more numerous and very difficult missions. ) 

Seriously. If you make something stupidly tedius just to get players to buy something with plat;you're going to loose players. Just focus on giving us an enjoyable experience without us feeling like we're working. 

(just to seem more impartial; I have all the frames but mesa, who I'm missing a systems for) 

Yea, spoken like a player that has ALREADY played a ton of content.

If you are a NEW player, you have no frames, which means that you are running all sorts of missions, which means Frames like Ash are a LOT harder to get to then Mesa, as you won't have to unlock the entire Solar System to get her.

System working fine.

System working fine for reasonable people.

Aren't there already 30+ topics about the Mesa grindwall? I should HOPE DE gets the message already...

One player's fun/challenging is another's frustration/impossibility mission.  

I'd very much like to thank you for being one of the handful of wise people who understand this very important fact.

Way too many Tenno with that elitist "If you aren't good enough to do X you don't belong here" attitude.

Had enough of that, thank you.

If you are a NEW player, you have no frames, which means that you are running all sorts of missions, which means Frames like Ash are a LOT harder to get to then Mesa, as you won't have to unlock the entire Solar System to get her.

System working fine.

Mesa quest isn't so low level. Besides; A new player likely wouldn't do invasions for rewards that only go towards a single item. Frames like ash being hard to get for new players might be a problem, but it really has no relation with mesa. If you're a new player: get one of the accessible frames. If the frame is locked behind a grindwall too big, regardless if it's ash, mesa or mag; it should be fixed. 

System working fine.

and in your logic 

reasonable person means

*one who is willing to sit staring at an invasion list for hours/days/weeks/months/etc on end waiting for a chance to get a               single coord out of 9+ needed to unlock the new content

yup everyone should be so reasonable

Edited by aldlv13

and in your logic 

reasonable person means

*one who is willing to sit staring at an invasion list for hours/days/weeks/months/etc on end waiting for a chance to get a               single coord out of 9+ needed to unlock the new content

yup everyone should be so reasonable

There are two per day or more, so I'd say a week, tops, if you have a job. If you have friends in-game, you can do this in two days max.

DE has stated before in an interview that Oberon was one of the frames that least sold because of how easy he was to get, so they learned their lesson and made subsequent frames harder to get in order to increase their profit. 

DE has stated before in an interview that Oberon was one of the frames that least sold because of how easy he was to get, so they learned their lesson and made subsequent frames harder to get in order to increase their profit. 

There's no problem with making frames harder to get. There's a problem with making frames grindier to get. Getting the nav points isn't fun- It's inconvenient at best and boring to most.  

There are two per day or more, so I'd say a week, tops, if you have a job. If you have friends in-game, you can do this in two days max.

I haven't yet seen a single mission with coordinates. I guess you have to pretty much live ingame if you want them.

Aren't there already 30+ topics about the Mesa grindwall? I should HOPE DE gets the message already...

You must be new here ( ;) ), it takes *a lot more* than 30 threads full of rage before DE will take action.