Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Offense Rebecca, But...

Xylia

... it'd be nice if Syndicate Alert Missions had someone other than the Lotus being the Mission Control.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Lotus (I miss the old voice set though, but meh) and she's an interesting character and all, but it really doesn't make much sense for her to be Mission Control on Syndicate Alert Missions, as it is the Syndicates who are asking you to do this mission for them. It would only make sense if they were your Mission Control on these missions.

Also, I think that we should create two additional NPCs -- one Grineer, one Corpus, for Outbreak and Invasion missions to act as the Mission Control. Lotus would continue to say the lines about you helping the Corpus or the Grineer, but afterwards, this new "Liaison" NPC would be your Mission Control throughout the mission.

It'd give the game more variety.

Again, no offense to Rebecca on this one, I always liked her voice (especially old Lotus), but some variety is always good to have. That's also why I miss Darvo missions, he had some of the coolest lines...

"Oh, they locked you out? That's cute."

"That's Cute" is now a catchphrase of mine. I just can't help myself...

Different mission control characters could be interesting and could mix up the feeling of different missions a bit.

"It's the Grineer!" is getting old...

"It's the Grin.... nevermind, its the Corpus."

lol.

Different mission control characters could be interesting and could mix up the feeling of different missions a bit.

"It's the Grineer!" is getting old...

Now you get "It's the Grineer" lines of equally monotone delivery from slightly different sounding characters.

What a change!

But I thought the lotus sees all, and although she cannot directly control the actions of the tenno, she can advise. So, even if you are working with a syndicate, I think the lotus would still see you through the mission. We're all supposed to be "neutral" anyway.. We don't really "join" a Syndicate per say, just choose to aid them..

If we were to join them fully, I could see us cutting our binds to the lotus by choice, not a smart choice but a choice none the less..

Now you get "It's the Grineer" lines of equally monotone delivery from slightly different sounding characters.

What a change!

The change shouldn't be in voice only, but also in the words they say and the way they talk. Some sarcastic remarks from one character would be quite fun to give an example.

Edited by Tyrian3k

To be fair, The Lotus *does* do things for you during missions. Supplying life support, decoding encryptions, etc. It's true that the syndicate leaders are the ones asking you to partake in the missions, but that's all they're doing. Lotus is the one helping you, and every missions you do (save the Darvo ones) is sanctioned by her, no matter who your employer is.

I agree, it might add some nice variety, but from a realistic viewpoint, it makes perfect sense for Lotus to remain as your operator.

Syndicate handlers could chime in during objective-related things. Like informing us that a terminal with the data they want is near, telling us they've received the intercepted Intel, or how we've done well to reroute the cargo ship to their ambush fleet. Lotus can take care of the minute-to-minute updates, like she always has.

What a change!

Lotus is deliberately monotone because she's supposed to be some sort of computer/AI.

A person has a personality (well, except for Cephalon Suda, but it seems like Cephalons are actually programmed to have personality from some of what Ordis says).

Someone who has a personality doesn't have to be monotone; they could inject some personality into their lines, like what Darvo did in some of the things I mentioned above.

I don't mind Lotus being unemotional, but yet hearing nothing but Lotus for 99% of my in-game time does get old after awhile, and the fact she's unemotional/monotone only makes the problem worse.

Edited by Xylia