Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feature Request] Equip Sigils Across Multiple Frames At Once

castem

It would be really nice to have a feature to equip a sigil across multiple warframes at once.

I have almost all warframes (just waiting on Limbo and Mesa), and whenever I get a new Sigil it's kind of a pain to have to equip it on all of my warframes.  (Not to mention if I forget a frame and do a mission, I'm often losing out on rep or getting rep for a different syndicate.)

Not the most pressing issue, I know, but it would still be really nice to have.

(If this post needs moved, feel free to move it moderators.  I didn't quite know where to put this; I know it deals with Sigils, but I figured it was more of a Warframe issue than an Art one.)

Let's totally have a Visual Template item that you slot into various Warframes in the same manner as Regalia. It acts as a central controller for the Warframes that have it equipped, adjusting their colours and regalia according to the specifications made in the Template.

That way, you only have to edit the one item in order to globally effect all Warframes that are using the Template. Or something. 

Bad idea Saturday

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Neither ideas (mine or OP's) suggested any such thing. They would both be entirely optional. The OP described the addition (not modification of present ones) of a button that would apply the changes to all equipped frames. My (bad) suggestion would work as another category of regalia, still entirely optional if you wanted to put that on or not. You would modify that piece of equipment, and any frames with that equipped would see the changes. 

Edited by Azure_Kyte

yes, please add a button or option to equip a sigil across all loadouts and warframes. i have all frames (except limbo) and it is a major chore to open each frame up to change sigils if i've been promoted or want to level another syndicate.

i would actually also suggest that syndicate sigils be given a separate "slot" (where you find "gear" and "revives" in the arsenal) instead of having it buried beneath "warframe", then "appearance", then "regalia" then "front/back". please stop burying useful features underneath loads of menus! UI people need to simplify instead of making things pretty but slow to use >_<

I agree being able to equip sigils amongst all Warframes I would like. It's a little minute detail that could save me 10 minutes. Though I don't know if the visuals would make sense, since all Warframe have different models. It would be, all together, hard to get it to work on all Warframes, and all the placements of the sigils may end up seeming random.

Err, no?

I use different Sigils for looks on different Frames, because I actually buy all the ones I like the look of, and not care about bonuses.

Your idea would "force" the last Sigil to appear on everything.

I think you misinterpret.

Consider that, when you're modding up a Warframe or a weapon, you have an Auto-Install button. You don't have to push it, but it's there for players who are newer to the experience, or lazy people trying to buff up their Conclave. Your mods are not automatically "forced" into the frame or weapon by the existence of a feature - you can just push a button to auto-slot stuff now.

The OP is suggesting that a similar button exist for Sigils, to slot the selected sigil in all of your frames at once in case you just want to focus on grinding one Syndicate, merely as a time-saving measure. Yes, it would override whatever Sigil is on your inactive frames, but you can always swap that out when you get to that frame, or just not press the button in the first place.

The better question, is about how it would affect the positioning and appearance of said sigil.

It's entirely possible to have the sigil swap use the existing Front/Back Sigil values set by the user for that frame, I won't even worry about that, but what if the Red Veil sigil you want to overwrite on your inactive Valkyr is in the front while the New Loka sigil selected on your active Saryn is on the back? Would it remove both of the existing sigils on your Valkyr to place the new one, or ignore your Valkyr completely...?

Edited by Archwizard

The better question, is about how it would affect the positioning and appearance of said sigil.

It's entirely possible to have the sigil swap use the existing Front/Back Sigil values set by the user for that frame, I won't even worry about that, but what if the Red Veil sigil you want to overwrite on your inactive Valkyr is in the front while the New Loka sigil selected on your active Saryn is on the back? Would it remove both of the existing sigils on your Valkyr to place the new one, or ignore your Valkyr completely...?

It should be relatively simple to implement a system that works around these potential situations. You can only ever use one Syndicate Sigil on a Warframe. If a Sigil is selected, it could follow a procedure similar to below:

- If a Warframe is currently using a Syn Sigil, apply the changes to the Regalia slot that contains the Syn Sigil

- If the Regalia Slot is the same one (Front/Back) used on the base Warframe (The one you clicked the Apply2All button for), apply positional changes (Width, Height, X/Y) as well as colur changes (Colour, Alpha)

- If the Regalia Slot is NOT the same, apply colour changes only

- If a Warframe is NOT currently using a Syn Sigil, apply the changes to the Regalia slot used on the base Warframe.

Obviously there are cases where this still isn't desireable. Maybe instead we should use a "Specify the Warframes to apply this change to" checkmark menu or something.