Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

I know Saryn isn't done, but I suggest Mesa!

Oh, trust me, the moment I saw Mesa, I was like

"I'm making this. I AM MAKING THIS."

I proceeded to text my friends, actually, her picture when the announcement email was sent of her like

"GUYS. GUYS I NEED TO MAKE THIS."

LOLLL

Lemme know if you have any other questions. Sorry for rambling, I tend to ramble like hell when I explain things.

Do you think that I would be able to pull off an Oberon with this technique? I want to cosplay him but on a budget.

Do you think that I would be able to pull off an Oberon with this technique? I want to cosplay him but on a budget.

Excalibur can definitely be done pretty simply with this technique, since he's pretty flat/smooth/armor-less all around for the most part.

But I'm not really sure about Oberon. He would take a bit more work since he has pieces that come off him and/or parts of his suit that drape down. (like the front bit)

Meanwhile, the edges aren't just a flat hem but rather have a bit of life to them. Which might mean some eva foam carving for sealing edges.

Hmm..

I think that because Oberon is not going to be able to be done on just one bodysuit, it might be a little more difficult than just a basic pattern. Which means it'll take more fabric.

But it's definitely doable. If you do a tunic shirt with long sleeves and a high neck, and waist-high leggings for the legs, it should be doable in this method.

The hip pieces should be carved out of perhaps an eva foam or upholstry foam and sealed, just for ease, and I'd do the gloves as just separate leather gloves since the parts going over the hands make them separate from the suit.

This costume (Oberon) would still probably cost a couple hundred dollars for you to make and honestly, the fabric printing is definitely not the cheapest route if you're wanting to make him on a budget. (The fabric tends to be pricey since it's $40-ish per yard)

But he is definitely doable in this method. c:

SO, he is definitely able to be made with this method.

But maybe not so much on a budget.

Psh, if there was a job where I'd get paid to dress up like a Tenno, I'd take that job instantly.

Lemme know when that job comes into existence pls LOLOL C:

I'll try XD i think there is a cosply thing where they make suits for ppl idk could be wrong 

Edited by dacond3

Dagnie, if you have a paypal, and such, could we have an excalibur costume made for me?

I don't do commissions, im afraid ;A;

Im sorryyy, I'm just too scared of messing up or something. Making costumes for other people is harder and way more stressful ;;

I don't do commissions, im afraid ;A;

Im sorryyy, I'm just too scared of messing up or something. Making costumes for other people is harder and way more stressful ;;

well once you got the mursements done and U set the dead line i guess it wouldent be that hard? im just guesssing to bare with me

well once you got the mursements done and U set the dead line i guess it wouldent be that hard? im just guesssing to bare with me

I was thinking of I'd give you all the needed measurements, and you'd send it off to be printed. If that would be possible, the pay would be double to 3- times the cost to make it.

Commissions are a little more complex than just get measurements, set a deadline, etc.

I have to pattern it all out, make the fabric design from scratch since I don't already have a completed file for him. Plus, sewing, trying to find a ride to get zippers/thread/etc, and having to take time out of my day for several weeks to do everything when I'm already working on both moving and trying to find a job and take driving lessons.

Commissions are a bit more than I'm able to do right now, I'm afraid. I really am sorry. :c