Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

NOTE: Scroll to bottom of post for newest updates and pics of the sewn suit! :D

---

Yo! Just thought I'd share that I'm working on a Saryn cosplay. c:

It's super WIP right now. I'm still working on carving the shoulders into the shape I want them to be, so here's some rough wip images~

Will update as I go.

I started with a chunk of green foam for the organic looking shoulder pieces. The same will be used for the leg, possibly the belt. I drew them into the approximate shape, cut them out, and got carving. They'll be sealed with plastidip once they're to the shape and size I want. They're still a bit bulky right now.

8fce472bcf.jpg

0ade8ffa0a.jpg

1e5d79bf9c.jpgd264f9375a.jpg

740e6fd5e7.jpg

I made a simple pep file for the helmet, meanwhile. Though I'm still debating whether I want to use one of her alternate helmets or not.

68b800c120.jpg

This'll be made out of cardstock, then fiberglassed and bondo'd over. c:

What I'm most excited for is the suit. I decided on going with the classic/original colors for recognizability purposes. Plustheyrepretty. c:

This is just the preview graphic i threw together for the pattern. Basically, it's going to be printed onto lycra. I felt like printing the pattern onto fabric would be the best way to ensure all details are captured in her suit. So I threw together and sized a pattern in photoshop~!

b3f22ae829.jpg

Once the actual fabric arrives and I've got it sewn together, I'll show y'all's~

Meanwhile, future projectssss, if y'all's can guess who they are.

Ireallywannacosplayaslikeeveryoneinthisgameomfg.

0d76C6x.jpg

UPDATE 1:

Muh fabric finally came!

The pictures do really no justice since my phone camera is super pixelated and lighting is pretty bad rofl ;A;

But I'm so excitedddd!

Here's some super pixelated pics of the fabric laid out.

Now to cut out and sew it...

6TpmML6.jpgaIAmDxm.jpg

m6Zwdcz.jpg1fm4grd.jpg

UPDATE 2:

Sewed most of the suit.

Sorry it's been taking so long - in the process of moving. But I had some free time and thought I'd at least sew majority of the suit.

Zipper has not been installed and gloves aren't sewn yet.

Here's some progress shots, without the craft foam for dimension, a corset, or proper bust attire. (Too lazy to switch out of sports bra, so super pettanko Saryn wip pics incoming. Pls pardon visible sports bra band.)

Do not worryyyyyyyyyy. I'll make sure to have a better attempt at her proportions when I finish the cosplay lel. Right now is just trying on the suit and laziness.

Plus I plan to get in better shape long before this will be debuted anyway.

wSaCBkK.jpg

mHCxLpe.jpg

Qhp92Go.jpg

5sWBZ4x.jpg

Edited by Dagnie

aaaand followed the post >.> i wish to see more

use her standard helmet :3 it's a lot prettier than the chlora or hemlock and more than likely easier to paint ^^ makes sure that after you fiberglass and bondo the helmet to seal the paint with CLEAR nail polish after painting! it'll keep the paint from chipping off the edges and preserve the paint/make it all shiney :3 and put khaki/white chiffon (as long as it matches the part with the horn) on the inside behind the slits where you see. you'll be able to see out but others won't be able to see in!

I've never done a wf cosplay but I do work with resin and I have a friend that helps me so right now this is the best advice i can give you so far x3 good work on the foam sculpting!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by prideofshadows

use her standard helmet :3 it's a lot prettier than the chlora or hemlock and more than likely easier to paint ^^ makes sure that after you fiberglass and bondo the helmet to seal the paint with CLEAR nail polish after painting! it'll keep the paint from chipping off the edges and preserve the paint/make it all shiney :3 

I've never done a wf cosplay but I do work with resin and I have a friend that helps me so right now this is the best advice i can give you so far x3 good work on the foam sculpting!

Will do! Thanks for the pointers~! >u<

Following because go OP.

Relevant question, are you male or female?  Just curious because even I have looked into a Saryn cosplay (being male.  As a Tenno nobody has to know who's under the suit.)

I'm female!

There's definitely an awesome male Saryn design if you want to cosplay her but not have to worry about faking boobs. c:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/306840-male-saryn-and-male-ember-fan-design-artwork-included-volkovyi/

use her standard helmet :3 it's a lot prettier than the chlora or hemlock and more than likely easier to paint ^^ makes sure that after you fiberglass and bondo the helmet to seal the paint with CLEAR nail polish after painting! it'll keep the paint from chipping off the edges and preserve the paint/make it all shiney :3 and put khaki/white chiffon (as long as it matches the part with the horn) on the inside behind the slits where you see. you'll be able to see out but others won't be able to see in!

Keep up the good work!

Just saw the update about the chiffon. That's ridiculously clever!

think you could upload your pep file somewhere?

this makes me wanna finish my magnus pep

Sure thing!

I'll upload it after I pep it once to make sure everything works right.

I'm also working on Mirage armor and helmet files, if anyone is interested. (Alternate/Harlequin helmet, not the original squidhead LOL.)

Since she's kind of a stupid-easy one to make, I also tossed together a pattern for Nova. Not sure when she will actually be made, since I'm more focused on getting Saryn (and then my main, Mirage) done.

But if there's any interest in it, here's some peaksies at the Nova pattern. c:

f40cb85a9e.jpg

Edited by Dagnie