Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working On A Saryn Cosplay! (Haitus)

Dagnie

Commissions are a little more complex than just get measurements, set a deadline, etc.

I have to pattern it all out, make the fabric design from scratch since I don't already have a completed file for him. Plus, sewing, trying to find a ride to get zippers/thread/etc, and having to take time out of my day for several weeks to do everything when I'm already working on both moving and trying to find a job and take driving lessons.

Commissions are a bit more than I'm able to do right now, I'm afraid. I really am sorry. :c

well i hope the job finding works out in the end 

Commissions are a little more complex than just get measurements, set a deadline, etc.

I have to pattern it all out, make the fabric design from scratch since I don't already have a completed file for him. Plus, sewing, trying to find a ride to get zippers/thread/etc, and having to take time out of my day for several weeks to do everything when I'm already working on both moving and trying to find a job and take driving lessons.

Commissions are a bit more than I'm able to do right now, I'm afraid. I really am sorry. :c

Shame, possibly later on?

Its quite simple here. There is a reason why custom made suits or dresses are made in long time periods. There are always some little fixes that need to be done along the way, and if you dont have proper model for all that work, things will go south. If one for which suit is made is not there when said suit is being made, something will end up wrong.

So i understand why Dagnie is a bit reluctant to go in that direction.

Edited by RoboDoge

Also if your still debaiting on Which alt helm i would pick Chlora but idk what you would use for the crystal rings.

Hmm...

Maybe foam with a purple fluorescent coating?

That would work, but it won't glow.

Perhaps shaped Plexiglass with purple LEDs inside for a glow?

That would be very tough to pull off but work well.

Hmm...

Maybe foam with a purple fluorescent coating?

That would work, but it won't glow.

Perhaps shaped Plexiglass with purple LEDs inside for a glow?

That would be very tough to pull off but work well.

that would be cool as ****

Honestly, the rings are the least of my concerns with the helmet. My main thing is figuring out how I'm gonna see without people being able to see inside the helmet.

Yes, that is an issue.

Hmm...

If you're good with tech, or know someone who is good at tech you could tape a view screen into the inside of your helmet and put tiny little cameras on the outside of it, hidden by... something, I haven't gotten that far yet.  Possibly one way fabric.

Elegant solution, but complicated and costly.

You could use a one-way mirror roll and shaped glass and that would work perfectly, but it would be tough to find the perfect glass you need.  It would likely need to be custom ordered from some place.

If you can get the glass and mirror roll, it would allow you to see perfectly and have no one see you, but it would be reflective and not opaque, which would not be entirely true to the Saryn Warframe.

Another thing you could do is to position mirrors inside the helmet in a way that would allow you to see outside it correctly.

Probably the easiest option out of the three, but it would be weird to use.

None of these suggestions are easy, but if pulled off well would work seamlessly.

Honestly I have no clue why I am suggesting these to you, but hey.  I like helping.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

Honestly, the rings are the least of my concerns with the helmet. My main thing is figuring out how I'm gonna see without people being able to see inside the helmet.

The thing has 4 eye like things but idk if tinted glass like the daft punk helms?

For the normal helmet, you could make the two front segments out of tight-woven fabric. Since there is no light-source inside your helmet, that should be enough - and with the size of those, it wouldn't even impede your (peripheral) vision very much. Depending on the fabric, it's similar to looking through your t-shirt. For the Chlora or Hemlock helmet, I'd cut out eye holes, cover them with fabric again and try to blend it in with the surrounding area as good as possible. Maybe cover the entire part with the fabric instead of whatever you normally use.

You also have to remember that you'll need some kind of ventilation in your helmet (unless you are into asphyxiation ...) and eye holes are always a good way to achieve this. Pair them with a small fan to keep a cool head, and you're pretty much set.

Edited by Bibliothekar

Yes, that is an issue.

Hmm...

If you're good with tech, or know someone who is good at tech you could tape a view screen into the inside of your helmet and put tiny little cameras on the outside of it, hidden by... something, I haven't gotten that far yet.  Possibly one way fabric.

Elegant solution, but complicated and costly.

You could use a one-way mirror roll and shaped glass and that would work perfectly, but it would be tough to find the perfect glass you need.  It would likely need to be custom ordered from some place.

If you can get the glass and mirror roll, it would allow you to see perfectly and have no one see you, but it would be reflective and not opaque, which would not be entirely true to the Saryn Warframe.

Another thing you could do is to position mirrors inside the helmet in a way that would allow you to see outside it correctly.

Probably the easiest option out of the three, but it would be weird to use.

None of these suggestions are easy, but if pulled off well would work seamlessly.

Honestly I have no clue why I am suggesting these to you, but hey.  I like helping.

Cameras and screen at short distance from her eyes might give her nausea after extended use, or even itchy eye. I wouldnt advise doing that. Also, can be pricey or cheap, depending where are you buying from.

You can use fabric which women from middle eastern countries use to cover their eyes. Net like veil.

Edited by RoboDoge

Cameras and screen at short distance from her eyes might give her nausea after extended use, or even itchy eye. I wouldnt advise doing that. Also, can be pricey or cheap, depending where are you buying from.

You can use fabric which women from middle eastern countries use to cover their eyes. Net like veil.

I was thinking about that with the standard Saryn helmet in mind, because in game the helmet extends fairly far away from where the operators head would actually be. thus being safe.

I wanted to suggest using a veil like fabric, but the texture wouldn't meld with the rest of the helmet assuming said helmet is made from foam.

I don't think there is a simple answer to this issue.

I was thinking about that with the standard Saryn helmet in mind, because in game the helmet extends fairly far away from where the operators head would actually be. thus being safe.

I wanted to suggest using a veil like fabric, but the texture wouldn't meld with the rest of the helmet assuming said helmet is made from foam.

I don't think there is a simple answer to this issue.

Sun rays reflecting folium that can be found on quality visors on motorsport helmets? Polarizing one.

That might work as you can color it as you want, tho shining effect might be an issue here.

Sun rays reflecting folium that can be found on quality visors on motorsport helmets? Polarizing one.

That might work as you can color it as you want, tho shining effect might be an issue here.

That could work if shining wasn't an issue.

This is proving to be more difficult than I thought.

Perhaps OP might just have to go with pin holes?