Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Magnetic Proc Could Use A Better Effect On Enemies

Bibliothekar

Riddle me this -

A proc that does nothing against all but one faction

Yet a syndicate gives it as arms augmentation

It devastates warframes, does naught to their foes

I forgot how this ends, but your mums are all ... very nice and kind women, I'm sure.

No, seriously, magnetic proc (not magnetic damage!) is pretty useless and quite unbalanced in how it affects warframes and enemies. If we get hit by magnetic proc, we lose all our shields, our energy, have our HUD scrambled. Enemies lose 75% of their shields for 4 seconds - that's it. Two out of three factions don't even use shields, so it is rather pointless most of the time.

Maybe it could get an effect that works on all enemies, regardless of their type of health/shield/armor - e.g. magnetized enemies could be pulled towards each other, thus being slowed.

Well, you're forgetting the corrupted also use shields, and sometimes they can have quite a lot of those, but agreed, magnetic procs should have additional utility

Perhaps instea magnetized enemies should have htir own"UI glitches" instead though?

I.e, magnetized enemies that have no shields run around in circles and bump into each other because they cannot see coz UI failure etc?

Bottom line is we need more utility for magnetic procs >.<

Edited by Somedude1000

Well, you're forgetting the corrupted also use shields,

I didn't count Corrupted as a separate faction, since they are just an amalgamation of the other three (even Orokin drones are not unique, just a copy of Corpus shield ospreys).

it takes away the possibility for bosses to use their abilities 

Does it? Or was this just a suggestion what it should do?

I didn't count Corrupted as a separate faction, since they are just an amalgamation of the other three (even Orokin drones are not unique, just a copy of Corpus shield ospreys).

Does it? Or was this just a suggestion what it should do?

I tried bringing my bo prime with magnetic to fight jakal, I kept meleeing his and he didn't use his abilities once, also worked on captain vor and pretty much any boss with abilities......but to further this effect I suggest it works on ability units too....like the drahk masters (after the effect they won't spawn drahk some Xs and ancients who be able to use their annoying abilities for Xs) 

Heh. Since eximi can effect things in the Rift... Any Eximus that has had magnetic procced on it loses their special ability?

....Wow, I'd actually consider Magnetic for proc builds instead of Radiation if that happened. Because right now Chaos+half health is the best procset

Q.Q Okay. They still have rather large amounts of shields though, I thought that merited at least a mention 

\

Or perhaps Magnetic proc should behave according its name. Magnet drags object closer (to overly simplify, ofc ) so enemies affected with magnetic procs should have their weapons stuck to their bodies, somewhat similar effect as someone is stunned and drag all nearby enemies to him to create clumps of enemies ready to receive Penta grenade.

They still have rather large amounts of shields though, I thought that merited at least a mention

Problem with Corrupted is, that most of them only have shields with an Orokin drone around. And since those blow up quite quickly from Magnetic damage, you'll just have normal Grineer and Ancients left over (plus a few Crewmen).

So yes, you're right, I should have mentioned them - my laziness won at that point, because I wanted to keep things a bit simpler.

What if Magnetic procs also effectively drained the energy of enemies, so they can't use special abilities? Kinda like Magnetic procs on players?

So Techs wouldn't be able to deploy shield ospreys, certain Eximus units (Guardian, Arctic, Arson, Blitz, etc.) would be unable to deploy their active abilities, Heavies and Shockwave MOAs would no longer be able to ground-pound, Nullifiers would be unable to cast or maintain their shield, etc? Ordinary abilities (e.g. Railgun MOA shots, grenade tosses, continuous Eximus auras (Sanguine, Parasitic, etc), and the like) would function as normal.

Edited by SortaRandom

Problem with Corrupted is, that most of them only have shields with an Orokin drone around. And since those blow up quite quickly from Magnetic damage, you'll just have normal Grineer and Ancients left over (plus a few Crewmen).

So yes, you're right, I should have mentioned them - my laziness won at that point, because I wanted to keep things a bit simpler.

I can identify with your intent to keep it simple, I should never have haggled on about it, sorry mate

What if Magnetic did what shield polarize does-- damages the enemy for as much shield as they have in health + a multiplier (and tiny potential AOE)? Too OP? Too situational?

Or you could take the other half of SP and turn the proc into a shield vamp.

Edited by HolidayPi3

• 4 weeks later...

What if Magnetic did what shield polarize does-- damages the enemy for as much shield as they have in health + a multiplier (and tiny potential AOE)? Too OP? Too situational?

You'd have the problem that it's only useful against Corpus (and shielded Corrupted) again. So yes, too situational. All other procs (with the partial exception of Corrosive) work regardless of faction and unit type. Only Magnetic doesn't do jack against Grineer and Infested (damage resistances left aside).

I have to admit, I'm also hoping for Grineer doors / sensor bars to work similar to the Corpus ones and not be perma-on, should Magnetic proc effect get changed. Because I'm pretty sure the Grinner wouldn't want to proc themselves in their doors.

You'd have the problem that it's only useful against Corpus (and shielded Corrupted) again. So yes, too situational. All other procs (with the partial exception of Corrosive) work regardless of faction and unit type. Only Magnetic doesn't do jack against Grineer and Infested (damage resistances left aside).

Infested troops sometimes resist Electrical and Fire status effect stuns, so there is that too. 

And yes, some of the status effects should be situational. That would make players actually care a bit about them, instead of slapping whatever element to kill something (barring weaknesses and strengths). 

Lots of good ideas in here, but I'm not sure if altering this would be a good idea. Remember that a second proc effect on the same target reduces their shield permanently, so a double hit takes 75% perm, then another 75% off the remaining for 4 seconds. That leaves them with essentially no shield at all. Adding futher effects to make a dent in other factions would be onerous for Corpus units, who already have a tough time against it.

Don't all enemies also get staggered when proced by this?

Lots of good ideas in here, but I'm not sure if altering this would be a good idea. Remember that a second proc effect on the same target reduces their shield permanently, so a double hit takes 75% perm, then another 75% off the remaining for 4 seconds. That leaves them with essentially no shield at all. Adding futher effects to make a dent in other factions would be onerous for Corpus units, who already have a tough time against it.

Don't all enemies also get staggered when proced by this?

By the time you've procced Magnetic twice, the creman is dead: if you have the resources to create a high chance of proccing magnetic, you have access to high DPS.

Also, we could simply make the new features of the proc not work unless the target has no shields. This would make it consistent against 'neer/Infested, and do something to Corpus that have already lost their shields.

No, Magnetic procs do not stagger. Magnetic does not have any effect outside of shielding. Staggering is Impact :P

Lol if enemies affected by Magnetic proc would be pulled to toward each other it would be hilarious.

+1 to this idea, laugh tears ensured

all of this so much yes

Actually, making it so that a magnetized enemy pulls enemies within X radius to it could be great. Faction universal, crowd control proc, similar in effect to ice/elec that make it, completely unique, and finally something worth swapping out viral for on a proc build!

Mix with frost's freeze and a marelok proc build, and you've got light crowd control options in a unique new way! More I think about this, the more it makes sense to do, honestly.

Edited by Greenery

Now if Magnetized would pull enemies towards it within X radius, would the pulling force get stronger the more magnetized enemies there are in one area? If so, they would need to put a cap on how much it would stack because if they didn't, imagine a Vauban user with a weapon that spreads mag on multiple units while they are in a Vortex? A full screen black hole would ensue, pulling every unit within range towards the center for easy killing. Then said user would probably max out strength and duration.