Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Birthday Reward

Altrunchen

Why not make it so that on a user's birthday they get some kind of boost to either credits, affinity, reputation, or something just for that day? It's a simple idea, but it could be fun I think.

EDIT: No it doesn't have to be a booster, I just thought some kind of acknowledgement or something might be nice and fun. See Batwing's idea below.

Alternate Idea (by Batwing):

Personally I would just be happy if they sent a automated message wishing you a happy farming or something.

Q&A:

-Q: Couldn't users abuse this by changing their B-day every day?

-A: Why not just make the user's birthday a permanent thing? It's not as if it changes (if you're honest).

-Q: You're just suggesting this to get free stuff.

-A: Oh sure, suggesting something that could be done for everyone on their special day is truly a selfish thing. Yep. Totally.

-Q: Does it have to be a booster or something?

-A: No not really. See Batwing's suggestion above this section.

Edited by Altrunchen

Congratulations, you were born. 

It is an accomplishment that needs to be rewarded how?

Actually for a lot yeah it could have been. Also you get gifts on your birthday it would be a nice idea to have a thing from DE saying so with a tiny gift.

Unless you're cynical buzz kill.

Seeing the similarity in your name actually.

And now people are calling OP greedy. Personally I would just be happy if they sent a automated message wishing you a happy farming or something.

Edited by Batwing

I'm a fan of the idea, but I understand how it could be abusable. And to people who are saying to "just charge plat to change your birthday"... that just sounds wrong. 

I say to just make birthdays unchangeable, but give players a warning before they enter it in. 

We get enough free stuff already, this is basically just begging for more free stuff.

Not a fan of greed :P

Dude what crawled under you and died this morning? No need to get all cynical about it. I just thought it'd be a fun little thing to do for people just to be kind.

I bet I could make a suggestion about Lotus sending every person in Warframe a PM saying that each person in this world matters and you'd say that was a horrible idea too.

Actually for a lot yeah it could have been. Also you get gifts on your birthday it would be a nice idea to have a thing from DE saying so with a tiny gift.

And now people are calling OP greedy. Personally I would just be happy if they sent a automated message wishing you a happy farming or something.

I'm waiting for you to make the first step by gifting and greeting a DE employee on his/her birthday.

Dude what crawled under you and died this morning? No need to get all cynical about it. I just thought it'd be a fun little thing to do for people just to be kind.

I bet I could make a suggestion about Lotus sending every person in Warframe a PM saying that each person in this world matters and you'd say that was a horrible idea too.

Nope, that would be totally fine by me.

An automated message would be cool too. I dunno, I just thought some kind of acknowledgement or something might be fun.

I'm waiting for you to make the first step by gifting and greeting a DE employee on his/her birthday.

I'd start a off topic thread for them if i knew their actual birthdays but i imagine they might wanna keep that private.

And it's greedy to suggest that we get a happy birthday message/ slight booster ? Not even a catalyst or reactor just a "happy birthday tenno heres some help with the grind"

I'd start a off topic thread for them if i knew their actual birthdays but i imagine they might wanna keep that private.

And it's greedy to suggest that we get a happy birthday message/ slight booster ? Not even a catalyst or reactor just a "happy birthday tenno heres some help with the grind"

Like I said, a message would be fine, but the thread didnt start with anything like that, it was straight up booster or whatever.

Stuff like that ticks me the wrong way.

The passive-aggressive QA edited into the OP doesn't help either.

Muh burthdai present to you all 

Edited by Cynaris

As others have said, I would prefer tangible rewards to be distributed on more definitely fixed days, e.g. Christmas, Halloween, Warframe release anniversary, etc. Besides, how exactly would one set their birthday to get stuff on it anyway?

Oh, perhaps it could just be a simple clan/Dojo thing- Clan leader can set something to automatically happen on the clan member's birthday like the aforementioned message or perhaps spawn a temporary decoration or something.

As others have said, I would prefer tangible rewards to be distributed on more definitely fixed days, e.g. Christmas, Halloween, Warframe release anniversary, etc. Besides, how exactly would one set their birthday to get stuff on it anyway?

Oh, perhaps it could just be a simple clan/Dojo thing- Clan leader can set something to automatically happen on the clan member's birthday like the aforementioned message or perhaps spawn a temporary decoration or something.

At this point, I barely care if it's a booster or whatever. I just thought it'd be nice for something to be done. Besides, this is a rated M game, doesn't the site ask for your birthday when you register? Aren't they supposed to at least?

This is fun, and a few games actually do that. why not a cynical and bugged H-birthday song by Ordi ? :D

I have heard of other games doing something like this, but I couldn't remember which ones off the top of my head.

I had already forgot.

Like this one!

We have video-embedding on this forum? Strange, whenever people try to do that here it never comes up for me.

Like I said, a message would be fine, but the thread didnt start with anything like that, it was straight up booster or whatever.

Stuff like that ticks me the wrong way.

The passive-aggressive QA edited into the OP doesn't help either.

Muh burthdai present to you all 

I put that section in there because people usually don't read a whole thread, they just read the OP and then post. Or usually they just read the title and then post. So I put that there to intercept redundant posts about "Oh people will just change their b-day over and over" or "you're just greedy" which if have already been discussed, needn't be brought up with every new poster.

I didn't think it was greedy either, I think this Cynaris is just being a stick in the mud quite frankly :T.