Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rather Than Eximus Units, Which Largely Suck, Why Not Use Dedicated Units Like Nullifies?

Innocent_Flower

Most eximus are disliked for their bullS#&$ abilities. 

Ah Something somewhere is draining me/slowing me
What did I do to get completely drained?

What the hell is this fire explosion

ugh what's with this knockdown ETC

Or they just have useless abilities, like a lot more health, a shield that lasts seconds. 

After a while, you can almost understand their sillyness. You can't get it right of course: That piece of cover between you and a wave of fire may or may not protect you. But at least you can guess what it is that's giving you a glowing ring around your feet. 

Then came these nullifier guys. 
After a couple seconds shooting at the first one's shield I clearly knew I had to get in that shield to kill him and that was that. Maybe because I'd delt with snowglobes before, but it was simple, my only confusion was that his shield wasn't so useless that it could be taken in a second of fire. Plus the guy didn't have anything additional like a slow or extra health which made him better than his artic counterpart. Another nice thing: The nullifiers were there in good numbers. They were common or they didn't happen; Unlike the artic counterpart who might apear once every few missions. He was a regular guy in the gameplay rather than a feature so uncommon and broken it felt like a bug. I mean he even had a cool backpack that explained why he was different (as opposed to a different paint) 

DE should move away from jacking random soldiers up with a random (and inconsistent) set of abilities and move towards making better- ballanced guys who're going to integrate with the normal game.  

Examples: 

Grineer soldier with snowglobe. You could probably do that now. Perhaps reskin the power core from excavation to use as a shield emitter. 
Special Seekers with mines that provide Debuffs whilst they're attached. The infested who carry the leeches could also work this way. 

Osprey that target players with debuffs/drains by energy link (like the shield osprey) or Buff allies with an energy link.  
Infested runners with explosions that cause debuff/drain. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

While the energy sap ones are really annoying... I still like my affinity. Nullifiers are even more annoying (and if you are Banished.. well good luck trying to do ANYTHING) and give regular troop affinity. Maybe if they boosted the exp for some special troops like Nullifiers and make them on par with other priority targets... right now they are just a joke, they are put in a popular area to slow things down because they are a pain to kill at range even with a really good weapon.

I agree eximus units should be unique soldiers with special abilities not just generic troops with auras slapped on.

well... that's anon-sense... they are unique soldiers with A special ability... the aura...

unless for "Unique" you meant to "meet only 1 per mission" that would make them more like a boss encounter... (and we already plenty of them)

Think about Eximus like the "Elite packs" of Diablo series

well... that's anon-sense... they are unique soldiers with A special ability... the aura...

unless for "Unique" you meant to "meet only 1 per mission" that would make them more like a boss encounter... (and we already plenty of them)

Think about Eximus like the "Elite packs" of Diablo series

I mean unique as in having their own model and using weapons that no other troops use its not like there is a shortage of unused weaponry for all the enemy factions.