Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding The New Tactical Alert.

KairaSilvermist

Lotus, I appreciate you contacting me in regards to the Scorpions using toxin injectors in their whips and blades now, but next time, please tell us that it is not just the Scorpions, but EVERY Grineer that are using Toxin-laced weaponry. Bullets have been loaded with Toxin Rounds, and all the Grineer are set to cause some major damage to anything they see.

You mention having all of this information, so can you give it all to us net time? I get that the Scorpions are a threat, with this new Injection-based system they're using in their whips, but when every Lancer's bullets have the same injection system, I begin to wonder if that is, indeed, the actual issue, and you're not covering up something.

EDIT: for all of you lrn2play braggarts out there, I had no actual issues dealing with the mission, I merely found it odd that my Valkyr was taking health damage from regular gunfire with her shields still up and active. Lotus *ONLY* said that the *SCORPIONS* and their *WHIPS* had the toxins in them, she said nothing about the Grineer in these locations coating all of their weaponry in the same venom. Stop being an elitist bellend, and read the entire post before passing judgement upon someone for pointing out information that the Lotus held back from anyone else before they ran the mission.

Edited by Mewfan

If it was intended DE really needs to work on better communication when it comes to events.

We were not told about the insane energy drain from the last one, and when the enemy gets ultra damage buffs we are not told either.

That is the purpose of the tactical alerts.. you get enemies with a certain buff or you get a debuff on yourself. In real life you do not get told everything, some thing you have to figure out yourself, same with this alerts.

Go in find out what the deal is and mod for it in the next round, otherwise this would be realy boring.

Agreed, it seems like damage on a whole is on some sort of toxin modifier for enemies and then scorpion damage was just ramped up massively rather than making it scorpion specific. Perhaps not the case, it seems to be quite an intermittent little bug, sometimes I get shot and it does shield damage too, unless perhaps the guns are doing both base stats and then toxin on top of that but keeping their low damage count.

That is the purpose of the tactical alerts.. you get enemies with a certain buff or you get a debuff on yourself. In real life you do not get told everything, some thing you have to figure out yourself, same with this alerts.

Go in find out what the deal is and mod for it in the next round, otherwise this would be realy boring.

They should at least leave context that makes it seem intended, if not, it just seems bad for DE. Like after getting 50 Lotus would send you a message saying that their capabilities go beyond the scorpions and have been capable of allowing normal Grineer to use the poison etc.

No. All you do is add an unnecessary step.

Go in, find what the catch it is, get frustrated, go back in and demolish the event with the most OP gear you have.

Go in, demolish the event with the most OP gear you have.

I don't consider getting players frustrated a good move.

It could be an acceptable mechanic if you only had one shot. The way tactical alerts work? It's nothing but an inconvenience that wastes the player's time.

That's... stupid.^^'

No. All you do is add an unnecessary step.

Go in, find what the catch it is, get frustrated, go back in and demolish the event with the most OP gear you have.

Go in, demolish the event with the most OP gear you have.

I don't consider getting players frustrated a good move.

It could be an acceptable mechanic if you only had one shot. The way tactical alerts work? It's nothing but an inconvenience that wastes the player's time.

This, on the contrary, is a very smart observation.

As always, I can never understand what the fuss is about these things.  So you die the first time you do it, so "oh, toxins", so you switch aroudn mods on your WF, or use another WF, smash, profit.

Why do people get their panties in a bunch when things get tricksy for a moment or two - are Revives that precious that it matters if you derp a few times till you get the hang of it?

To be honest though, the Lotus is always a bit late on delivering information, like telling that the ship is on fire while we have been burned by patches of fire multiple times. 

Then again, while it may help to reinforce the character of the Lotus, I do agree that she should at least give us a more whole image of what to expect.