Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding The New Tactical Alert.

KairaSilvermist

That is the purpose of the tactical alerts.. you get enemies with a certain buff or you get a debuff on yourself. In real life you do not get told everything, some thing you have to figure out yourself, same with this alerts.

Go in find out what the deal is and mod for it in the next round, otherwise this would be realy boring.

Also no, that was not the point of tactical alerts, look at Hyena facility, it was well informed and no surprise twist in it

Ermehgerd I wish I thought of that Q.Q. It would have been arguably a lot more helpful than loot detector, of all the things I could have brought ~

I am not a smart man

dont say that, your thoughts was just at another place :3

Bug or not (and it does seem likely--everything was doing toxin damage), the TA was perfectly doable...IF...you weren't doing something stupid in it.

If treated like a nightmare mission it went quite easily. If you went full rushtard in it, then you were going to have a very rough ride.

Moral of this particular story: stick with your team and build for health. If you rushed ahead and/or only had 300 hps then you all basically accomplished was giving your teammates revive practice--assuming they could find you.

inb4 lrn2play

Lrn2play!

I disagree.  It's not a inability to play, it's a request for clear communication.  The way the mini event was described, only the Scorpions should have been an issue, not everything on the map.

Unless players make threads like this, DE wont know there was a communication failure and we wont be able to find out if this was intentional or a bug.

To be honest though, the Lotus is always a bit late on delivering information, like telling that the ship is on fire while we have been burned by patches of fire multiple times. 

Then again, while it may help to reinforce the character of the Lotus, I do agree that she should at least give us a more whole image of what to expect. 

If she can detect a Heavy Unit approaching, why can't she detect that all enemies have toxic damage, or like you said, tell us about the fire before we're halfway through the mission.  I wouldn't mind an in flight debriefing similar to what Destiny has for their load screens.

Don't judge me for playing Destiny.  I was young and confused.

Edited by Noamuth

As always, I can never understand what the fuss is about these things.  So you die the first time you do it, so "oh, toxins", so you switch aroudn mods on your WF, or use another WF, smash, profit.

Why do people get their panties in a bunch when things get tricksy for a moment or two - are Revives that precious that it matters if you derp a few times till you get the hang of it?

It wasn't "Tricksy", it was merely a surprise to note that all of the gunfire was ignoring my Oberon's shields and straight damaging his health. I don't mind using three revives on a mission for an unranked frame. I ran it again afterwards with Valkyr and dealt with everything. The mission was NOT difficult in the slightest, however the Lotus *ONLY* told us that *SCOIRPIONS WOULD HAVE THE POISON*, when in actuality, ALL of the Grineer, AND the kubrows there had the toxic damage on all of their attacks, meaning either the Lotus didn't give us any information, or DE made an oopsie again.

Before lrn2play comment, please, lrn2read

EDIT: Thank you, those of you that actually read the post and understand that my only major issue with the event was a miscommunication from Our Lotus. Since I have gotten through the alert, and, potentially, others have as well, and the Lotus has given us proper information for it this time, I am going to request for this topic to be locked. Thank you those of you that read and comprehended what I was referencing, rather than jump on the usual "lrn2play" bandwagon that I wont' deny, I'm on quite a bit.

Edited by Mewfan

If she can detect a Heavy Unit approaching, why can't she detect that all enemies have toxic damage, or like you said, tell us about the fire before we're halfway through the mission.  I wouldn't mind an in flight debriefing similar to what Destiny has for their load screens.

Search me. 

I mean, she probably is having a bit of a stress disorder trying to coordinate a million Tennos' missions. 

And that Heavy Unit thing is a bit wonky. She never told me that two Heavy Gunners were going to wipe my behind on the floor just down the hallway. 

I disagree.  It's not a inability to play, it's a request for clear communication.  The way the mini event was described, only the Scorpions should have been an issue, not everything on the map.

Unless players make threads like this, DE wont know there was a communication failure and we wont be able to find out if this was intentional or a bug.

I was telling about those lern2play people because the first few hours it was released it was full of people bashing someone that wanted clear communication

Yes. And your point is?

If you consider gaming to be wasting time, I wonder why you do it in the first place.

The point is that what counts as a "waste of time" is subjective, so you're not necessarily going to get agreement that having a scenario where mobs are a surprise, then you learn about the surprise and adapt and overcome, is a waste of time. 

You're not necessarily going to get agreement re. this because for lots of people that is gameplay, overcoming challenges is gameplay, and rushing to get shinies isn't, so there'll be no sympathy for someone who's stymied in their rush to get shinies and calls the waaambulance.

Of course it's all subjective (i.e. what counts as "fun" is), so there's no objective answer.

Agreed, it seems like damage on a whole is on some sort of toxin modifier for enemies and then scorpion damage was just ramped up massively rather than making it scorpion specific. Perhaps not the case, it seems to be quite an intermittent little bug, sometimes I get shot and it does shield damage too, unless perhaps the guns are doing both base stats and then toxin on top of that but keeping their low damage count.

Lancers were doing toxic damage

Scorpions were doing toxic damage

Feral Kubrows (who aren't even Grineer) were doing toxic damage

Toxic damage was ticking for 40+ health damage per second.  Lost over 800 health in seconds.

Not worth the time to bother with (yet again)

I'm thinking that all of the alerts nowadays aren't even worth bothering with.

The point is that what counts as a "waste of time" is subjective, so you're not necessarily going to get agreement that having a scenario where mobs are a surprise, then you learn about the surprise and adapt and overcome, is a waste of time. 

You're not necessarily going to get agreement re. this because for lots of people that is gameplay, overcoming challenges is gameplay, and rushing to get shinies isn't, so there'll be no sympathy for someone who's stymied in their rush to get shinies and calls the waaambulance.

Of course it's all subjective (i.e. what counts as "fun" is), so there's no objective answer.

Of course it is, that's why I said "personally, I don't like wasting time". 

And I said why it is a waste of time: because it's unnecessary and achieves nothing*. Being improperly informed is not a challenge. It's not content. It's not gameplay.

*other than potentially frustrating players.

Also, thing couldn't be actually rushed considering you could finish it in 2 runs.