Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron Buff (Sidegrade To Mara)

Voidflow

Not just my opinion sounds a bit biased, but hey I only farmed 

- Gladivus dilemma (107 for Corpus in a hope for reward change Corpus side > Detron),

- Invasions and Harvester with its RNG behind RNG wall,

for weeks!!!! weeks ... hold on weeks ... in order to get and forma this hand canon (Detron),

because of looks etc. I didn't even touched my Brakk BP (used it as mastery fodder).

I even got a Shock camo for my Detron, which I rarely use and only with Shock Lanka on my Snipervolt.

Long story short, as I saw Mara Detron ... I kind of died innerly. Now my Detron looks and feels like a waste of time.

Please dear DE Devs, dear Scott, please give that weapon a chance, a small buff, nothing special.

Something similar to Latron Prime <> Latron Wraith would be really nice, something what can be assumed as sidegrades and not master fodder and direct upgrade. 

Possible Detron buffs:

- Base damage buff  -> e.g 150 eventually or/ or! viable critical chance + critical damage (e.g. Latron Wraith)

- Status chance buff -> 20 %

- Magazine size buff -> 6 like on 3D model 

EDIT: Please don't let this nice and RNG wall weapon collect dust.

Edited by Voidflow

the mara detron have 3 thing more than the detron;

1. 4 more rounds in a mag

2. a bit better for reloading

3.His pellet fly pretty damn fast (wich is the main reason to get it. for me at least)

1. 3 more rounds, not 4. (from 5 to 8)

2. EXACTLY identical reloading speed.

3. EXACT SAME pellet speed.

4. Better firerate.

I don't have the detron, I have the BP and the barrel. I'd need...

- To encounter the harvester. Unlikely. 

- To kill the harvester, because he didn't get me at a bad time, Unlikely

- To get the parts I want. Unlikely. 

- To farm ten cells. A pain in the arse. 

To get the mara detron: 

Get a little bit more credits 

Get a little bit more prime parts. 

(so basicaly; Speedrun t2 cap a few times. 

Mara is significantly easier. 

I think that 150 damage is appropriate, since Radiation damage is very limited. Also, we need more status weapons, 50% status chance or 40% would be fair.

But i am quite impressed that DE made a better version of the Detron, when the Detron itself is a pain to farm. It's just not worth the time and grind.

Edited by DarkLordX2

I too farmed the detron during the event and think this new easy to obtain detron (with better stats) is a slap in the face to people who farmed and invested in the original detron. How many different versions of the same weapon are we going to get? Why can't new versions of weapons be more unique instead of a slight upgrade in stats? Oh well guess we will be getting a bunch of new copies of old weapons now that we have syndicates.

Look at the latron wraith and prime, this is that kind of difference I want for them =/ Both are good and are different.

I agree-- I'd like different variants of weapons act differently and offer varying gameplay rather than just being a boring direct upgrade.

yes! yes! Nothing special, but something what distinguish Detron from Mara Detron, e.g.:

a.) viable critical build

b.) higher damage per shot, a bit less burst and sustained DPS (dmg/s) 

c.) Status machine 20-25%

The most annoying thing about Detron is in my Opinion the small clip of 5 rounds, especially going for infested build, where cold damage type has no place and so no Ice Storm Mod, means surprise ... 5 shots in a clip ö,Ö.That means for Infested, where things got a bit spamy, the effectiveness gap between Detron and Mara version practically wise (many targets) is even wider (not just ~ 24 % more DPS).

Edited by Voidflow