Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron And Mara Detron

DarkLordX2

No, this is not a feedback thread, i am not going to talk how to "buff" the Detron or nerf the Mara Detron.

Well, where do i begin...

Detron

-10 Oro Cells to build

-You have to get marked and find the Harvester (Who has a low spawn rate)

-You have to kill him (This might not be a problem for Veterans)

-You have to be lucky if you can manage to get the Bp (Rare), the Receiver and Barrel (Both Uncommon)

Mara Detron

-Is a slightly buffed version of the Detron

-You only have to sell some prime junk you don't need

-It only cost 500 OD (Orokin Ducats) and 200k Credits (Just some void runs)

-There is not RNG involved

-It comes pre-built

In conclusion, the time and grind for the Detron isn't worth it, not at all. In fact, once you get the Mare Detron, the Detron is just mastery fodder.

Discuss and keep it civil.

-DarkLordX2

TL:DR: The Mara Detron is way easier to get and better than the Detron.

Edited by DarkLordX2

MR 15 Lock? I hate putting them behind ranks but like Brakk, Soma and Synapse, they should have minimum at least.

Perhaps requiring to have the Detron first before it unlocks would be the best route to go.

@melos> Well PS4 and X1 users will be shunned then as were not getting hubs regardless of MR and Founder status until lat January, so its already impossible to get.

Edited by (PS4)ELIT3_EXP3RT-01

I put 5 formas into my detron... and now this T_T

i_hug_that_feel.png

MR 15 Lock? I hate putting them behind ranks but like Brakk, Soma and Synapse, they should have minimum at least.

Perhaps requiring to have the Detron first before it unlocks would be the best route to go.

Nah, locking it behind a Mastery wall will (might) cause butthurt among the players.

TL:DR: The Synoid gammacor is way easier to get and better than the gammacor.

you know only need 3 days of syndicate farm and it comes crafted ;)

you're clearly underestimating the void trader timewall and the amount of void you have to do to have enough trash.

Edited by HurricaneBones

Well.. like I said an alternative to any variants (Brakk, Detron, perhaps V Marelok) could require its original weapon before you can even obtain it.

Brakk and Detron are the hardest and rarest weapons to get (unobtainable by trade, plat purchase) yet the upgraded versions are easier than Boltor P and New Detron.

I dont mind MR0s obtaining it however the journey to endgame gear should have some game time and grind involved, if not minimal, not just given.

No, this is not a feedback thread, i am not going to talk how to "buff" the Detron or nerf the Mara Detron.

Well, where do i begin...

Detron

-10 Oro Cells to build

-You have to get marked and find the Harvester (Who has a low spawn rate)

-You have to kill him (This might not be a problem for Veterans)

-You have to be lucky if you can manage to get the Bp (Rare), the Receiver and Barrel (Both Uncommon)

Mara Detron

-There is not RNG involved

-It comes pre-built

In conclusion, the time and grind for the Detron isn't worth it, not at all. In fact, once you get the Mare Detron, the Detron is just mastery fodder.

Discuss and keep it civil.

-DarkLordX2

TL:DR: The Mara Detron is way easier to get and better than the Detron.

Easier for this 48 hour window.  Who knows when the next time he sells it will be. Every time? Random? One time only? Two years from now? IDK

I've been saying the same thing about the Boltor Prime. Requires you to be rank 4, you can run some Void missions (though specific ones) and ODD for a part. 15 O cells and it's yours. Best DPS damage sustain weapon in the game.

Synapse, Requires rank 6 and 2 forma to just build it.

Soma, Rquires Rank 6 (not up to date if it was higher or lower rank requirement, but if 4 or less then it can be removed from this list).

Paris Prime, If you like or don't mind bows, this is a great weapon and easy to get each part.

Dread, Almost as good or just as good as Paris Prime, just farm stalker once or twice he normally drops it.

There is little effort involved to actually get Boltor Prime and the ONLY thing that makes it difficult to get is just to get the BP, which everyone knows to befriend Sepholon Suda to get T4MD keys. It really drains the excitement of playing a shooter game or any kind of game where the best weapon in the game can be easily acquired and takes little effort to get. Meanwhile that guy who spent all that time to get Synapse or Ogris or mods for, and my boltor prime does better damage and more damage.

Edited by MageSkeleton

I've been saying the same thing about the Boltor Prime. Requires you to be rank 4, you can run some Void missions (though specific ones) and ODD for a part. 15 O cells and it's yours. Best DPS damage sustain weapon in the game.

You are wrong in some parts:

-Boltor P requires you to be MR 2.

-10 Orokin Cells to build.

TL:DR: The Synoid gammacor is way easier to get and better than the gammacor.

you know only need 3 days of syndicate farm and it comes crafted ;)

you're clearly underestimating the void trader timewall and the amount of void you have to do to have enough trash.

actually i can do 2-3 runs of 30-40  rounds of T4D

and get enough parts to trade for over five hundred buckets

Yup. MR 0s can be running around like chickens with heads cut off. Damn Boltor P all over again.

Oh well I just hope console players get all trader weapons when we get hubs because by that time we will miss great guns and accessories.

Just make it MR 8. All Prime stuff should be at least MR 4, like the Hek is. It was something to aim for in the early days of open beta when the hek was a great gun.

-There is not RNG involved.

Buffs are very small.

RNG not being involved is usually a good thing. Don't we always complain about too much RNG?

However, "sell some prime junk" is... well.

Most long-time players have lots of prime stuff, granted. Lots of it. However, "sell some prime junk" is, what, 50 low-level prime parts? Not all players have that.

Now my inventory is quite empty and, while I have bought one of all pieces being offered, I will have to go in the Void to grind for spare prime parts to sell for Ducats. It is another sort of grind. Oh, and them Fusion Cores. And lots of credits. Lots and lots, if I want to max out my legendary mods.

So do not dismiss our investment in prime parts as "some prime parts". Probably some players will be at a difficulty, if they want to come up that huge number of spare prime parts once every two weeks.

Buffs are very small.

RNG not being involved is usually a good thing. Don't we always complain about too much RNG?

However, "sell some prime junk" is... well.

Most long-time players have lots of prime stuff, granted. Lots of it. However, "sell some prime junk" is, what, 50 low-level prime parts? Not all players have that.

Now my inventory is quite empty and, while I have bought one of all pieces being offered, I will have to go in the Void to grind for spare prime parts to sell for Ducats. It is another sort of grind. Oh, and them Fusion Cores. And lots of credits. Lots and lots, if I want to max out my legendary mods.

So do not dismiss our investment in prime parts as "some prime parts". Probably some players will be at a difficulty, if they want to come up that huge number of spare prime parts once every two weeks.

See, that's the thing.  I think so many people have blinders on and they don't realize that the majority of people haven't put 300 hours into the void, collecting tons of spare prime parts.  Don't make it seem like it's chump change to get this stuff, because it isn't for most people.