Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Guys Just Farm Stuff Or Don't Care And Have Fun?

zavienh5

I use low level void keys to mess around with builds and try stupid stuff There isn't a whole lot of stuff I need really. I've all but a few prime weapons/AW stuff. I'm just having fun atm. Telling myself I'm farmsin versus, goofing off is really different. It's the mindset you start off in I guess.

I play through missions to have fun. I find ways to combine parkour and killing. I find ways to create certain feelings from my gameplay. Feeling buff. Feeling agile. Whatever I farm just determines which missions I play on. If missions have set goals, then that's just a bonus.

I play for fun.

its just the parkour sync and animation doesnt seem appealing really

Farming/ Grinding is very basic for me, so usually i do have fun at same time. Just some player maybe mad on farming last part of prime weapons and complain around. But well, if without the farming, how do you have the resources to enjoy future content. 

It has to be borne in mind that one person's "grind" is another person's "fun" anyway.

I think what tends to happen is that if you're new to a game and like it, in the honeymoon period, grind isn't grind - the game is moreish, so you enjoy playing lots of it, again and again.  This is especially so if it's your first multiplayer rodeo - the magical feeling of entering a multiplayer gaming space, especially a persistent world gaming space, is amazing the first time, and can last for a good few years with your first game of that type.

But after a while, once someone's experienced everything the game has to offer at least once, I think then the kind of gameplay one formerly enjoyed can be perceived as grind, even though objectively nothing has changed, only one's psychological attitude to it (which, again, may be positive going forward).

This intersects with dualities like challenge/relaxation and gameplay/immersion, and others.  If you just want to relax, then grind can be fun because you can get into a pleasant trance state doing the same thing again and again.  On the other hand, if you're primarily in it for challenge, or exploration, then when the stream of new things to do, and new challenges, dries up, and all that's left is doing the same thing you've already done umpteen times, umpteen times more, then that can be perceived as grind.

And going back to the first point: if one's first game was a honeymoon game, and the grind wasn't perceived as grind at that point, then when one moves onto another game, one can easily perceive it as solely grindy, whereas in fact it's objectively just the same amount of grind as your honeymoon game, but because your honeymoon with that type of gameplay is over, you perceive it as more repetitive than it actually is (or to put it another way, your honeymoon game was just as repetitive, but you didn't notice at the time).

Yeah been ranking useless stuff and it was no fun. Now, after MR 15, I finally have my Boltor P, and I'm loving it. Having fun being OP.

On the other hand always hated farming void, now it seems I can no longer avoid it, creds and ducats...geez DE buff creds and cores plz.

Grind and Fun,i do both

I will have fun in boss,defense,capture,extermination,...

I will grind if that is a special thing and RNG(egg,components for Hate,blueprints,...)

But mostly i will have fun,go in there put out your gun and try for a puncture,crit,headshot or just hold F then slash everything

Prime?Scindo?Nah,i'm F2P so i don't care about it(it would be nice if i have it,though)

Edited by NecroPizzany

I never actively hunt for newest Primes. Or contents, to some extend.

I just play like usual, and having fun blowing enemies. Even when I'm looking for specific stuff.

If I get what I want on that run, well that's a bonus. Killing stuff?

My main objective.

Edited by Lorche

I never actively hunt for newest Primes. Or contents, to some extend.

I just play like usual, and having fun blowing enemies. Even when I'm looking for specific stuff.

If I get what I want on that run, well that's a bonus. Killing stuff?

My main objective.

thats actually kinda what I do, i just get what i get from what im playing

I try to have fun while I farm, although it doesn't happen every time. Sometimes farming isn't fun, sometimes it's boring, tedious, frustrating, repetitive, exhausting, especially when you play the same mission over and over and over to get that specific part you need, but the RNG does nothing but flipping you the middle finger.

I have fun with destroyyyyiiiiing armies by armies :)

and yeah I recently farm for soma prime and....

as long as I have keys It doen't enrage me or sth that it refuse to drop....

ya know other prime parts may go to the void trader.... at least those junky ones I don't need.....