Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About The Marelok (If De(L) Does Decide To Reduce Its Effectiveness)

Renegade343

I won't berate you for asking for it, but I don't think the marelok should be nerfed. Well.. perhaps its too "indisputably" better than the grinlok, but for the case of the inferior "heavy pistols", i think they should just get buffed. And that's not in line with the usual "if x is bad in comparison to y, just buff x" that most people resort to, rather, the lex family is literally too dang weak. They buffed the melee heavy weapons because they all did low damage to be so dang slow and unwieldy. The lex does not do enough damage (less than half marelok's) to be so slow and unwieldy. Faster, stronger, (but not as strong) lean it towards crit, and bam, it has a specific niche right next to the mare.

It's semi-auto, small clip size,

Grinlok can use deadly sequence, marelok cannot

buff the marelok pls DE

seriously, why it deserves a nerf?

Because Vaykor marelok exist.

That is why it doesn't need a mod.

Deadly Sequence doesn't help much since Grinlok crit chance sucks balls anyway.

Edited by fatpig84

Because Vaykor marelok exist.

That is why it doesn't need a mod.

Deadly Sequence doesn't help much since Grinlok crit chance sucks balls anyway.

then buff the Grinlok, my point is: it is pointless to nerf the nomral mrelok or the vaykor marelok becasue nerfing them still do not bring Grinlok to the surface of piles of weak guns

I won't berate you for asking for it, but I don't think the marelok should be nerfed. Well.. perhaps its too "indisputably" better than the grinlok, but for the case of the inferior "heavy pistols", i think they should just get buffed. And that's not in line with the usual "if x is bad in comparison to y, just buff x" that most people resort to, rather, the lex family is literally too dang weak. They buffed the melee heavy weapons because they all did low damage to be so dang slow and unwieldy. The lex does not do enough damage (less than half marelok's) to be so slow and unwieldy. Faster, stronger, (but not as strong) lean it towards crit, and bam, it has a specific niche right next to the mare.

I agree, at the very least the Lex should have its crit chance significantly raised and maybe base/crit damage. 

I think the Marelok is in a good place. If anything other pistols should buffed to it's quality. It hits like a truck. But with a long reload and small clipsize. It's actual usefulness is fairly limited. It pairs well with good aoe primaries as a pocket sniper. If it has to be nerfed I'd like to see the Ballistica family significantly buffed in order to have a decent accurate long range sidearm to carry on long missions.