Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

STMPD, can I call you Stim?

Anyway, Stim, there's way more than just two Tenno at our table. Currently there's Lusith (Valkyr), Zokah (Saryn), Kate (Mirage), Abra (Oberon), and Annabelle (Trinity).

That is all.

In my next reply I was actually about to say: "There's five people there, I don't imagine we'll be able to find a seat. Besides, it's a bit crowded for me, so I shall go for introductions, and then make my way back here, you do what you want."

"It's not some intense story like you guys must have, but, when I woke up, I was being...punished, for sleeping so long, the corpus can be cruel, and fifty lashes with a Lecta would be my punishment, as I was about to receive them, another tenno, a Frost, stepped forward, took my punishment instead, he nearly died, and I cared for him since, once he was back up to strength, his smile was the last I saw of him as they sent him to the mines. I was to be dissassembled and sold, some of me was going to be part of one of those, monsters, but thankfully, I was saved, but I never again saw the frost.

Just gonna say it: this entire part of the post makes absolutely no sense.

1. Why the hell would the Corpus keep a/several Tenno alive?

2. Why wouldn't the Tenno just rebel? They're wearing their Warframe, so why wouldn't they just murder everything?

3. Why are Tenno being sent to mines when machines are more efficient than organic labor?

4. Alad V was the only Corpus to do the disassembling/Zanuka'ing.

5. The "punishment for sleeping in" thing is flat out stupid on so many levels that I literally cannot explain it. It is fractally wrong.

6. Tenno wouldn't be kept alive and mobile in any Corpus facility for reasons that I hope are obvious.

I apologize if I seemed rude; that was not intended. I just prefer to be respectfully blunt.

Edited by fishworshipper

2. Why wouldn't the Tenno just rebel? They're wearing their Warframe, so why wouldn't they just murder everything?

3. Why are Tenno being sent to mines when machines are more efficient than organic labor?

5. The "punishment for sleeping in" thing is flat out stupid on so many levels that I literally cannot explain it. It is fractally wrong.

6. Tenno wouldn't be kept alive and mobile in any Corpus facility for reasons that I hope are obvious.

I apologize if I seemed rude; that was not intended. I just prefer to be respectfully blunt.

I second Fish's points, though I will also expound on a couple.

1. Yeah, this is really the big one that makes the whole story non-canon, and the other points are just reasons why.

5. This in particular is odd. Sleeping in for cryosleep? Or just in whatever 'tenno prison' you have imagined here?

I can't really have Zokah reply to Anna until this story is sorted out.

Edited by SnaleKing

I second Fish's points, though I will also expound on a couple.

1. Yeah, this is really the big one that makes the whole story non-canon, and the other points are just reasons why.

5. This in particular is odd. Sleeping in for cryosleep? Or just in whatever 'tenno prison' you have imagined here?

I can't really have Zokah reply to Anna until this story is sorted out.

For a bit of live testing with things?

After all, some tests do need live specimens (although with Alad V now gone, I wonder if the Corpus still does that). 

Tenno are too valuable for menial labor, and too powerful to enslave or imprison for long.  Add to this the fact that the Corpus do not view the Tenno as living beings, but rather as ambulatory relics of incalculable value, in a scientific, religious, and mercantile sense.  Any Tenno captured would be immediately dismantled and sold, or vivisected and studied.  I cannot fathom any Corpus being stupid enough to keep them as slaves, or any Tenno willing to endure as such for long, especially when wearing Warframes.

For a bit of live testing with things?

After all, some tests do need live specimens (although with Alad V now gone, I wonder if the Corpus still does that). 

Tenno are too valuable for menial labor, and too powerful to enslave or imprison for long.  Add to this the fact that the Corpus do not view the Tenno as living beings, but rather as ambulatory relics of incalculable value, in a scientific, religious, and mercantile sense.  Any Tenno captured would be immediately dismantled and sold, or vivisected and studied.  I cannot fathom any Corpus being stupid enough to keep them as slaves, or any Tenno willing to endure as such for long, especially when wearing Warframes.

That is reasonable, until it's considered that they're walking around in their Warframes. That is just... No. For so many reasons, no.

Yeah, any Tenno the Corpus had alive would be energy-drained and bound to a dissection table. Some torturous mad science would be quite typical for them.

Fish, I'm saying their warframes were taken off and destroyed, with Annabelle's warframe still on because she'd just woken from cryosleep with something random.

Corpus are greedy, think they care about more profit at once? Or continuous profit because you can extort slave's colonies and tenno with the slaves you have?

Not sleeping in, the corpus knew about the orokin and were punishing her because they'd obviously had some trouble retrieving her and waking her up, it's like hitting a table after you've stubbed your toe on it.

The last one is definite, and I can oy counter it with saying that corpus found a couple slaves, covered in interesting suits, which they broke or tore off, and tossed the slaves into mines for Oxium or some S#&$.

Sorry that my one post brought up such a storm. I can edit it to make it clear that the Frost wasn't in his frame after extended slavery, and Annabelle had her already sort of broken one, and that she found out he was a frost later on. Or, if you all want me to, I can obliterate it and come up with a different backstory all together.

Fish, I'm saying their warframes were taken off and destroyed, with Annabelle's warframe still on because she'd just woken from cryosleep with something random.

Corpus are greedy, think they care about more profit at once? Or continuous profit because you can extort slave's colonies and tenno with the slaves you have?

Not sleeping in, the corpus knew about the orokin and were punishing her because they'd obviously had some trouble retrieving her and waking her up, it's like hitting a table after you've stubbed your toe on it.

The last one is definite, and I can oy counter it with saying that corpus found a couple slaves, covered in interesting suits, which they broke or tore off, and tossed the slaves into mines for Oxium or some S#&$.

Sorry that my one post brought up such a storm. I can edit it to make it clear that the Frost wasn't in his frame after extended slavery, and Annabelle had her already sort of broken one, and that she found out he was a frost later on. Or, if you all want me to, I can obliterate it and come up with a different backstory all together.

Sorry, the idea of giving Tenno two free hands, then trying to make them do anything, is just absurd. These are the Orokin warrior-gods, badasses that make Bruce Lee look like a white belt in a middle school karate club. If they're awake and mostly mobile, any one Tenno could make a dozen Corpus beg for death. Gods forbid two.

Logically, even aside from canonical issues, Tenno cidhna mine just doesn't work.

Edited by SnaleKing

Yeah, I took another look at the Corpus page, and found this little tidbit:

"Their most sought after of all - the Tenno and their WARFRAME armor.
Those captured are treated as salvage; meticulously dissected, integrated. The remains are sold to the highest bidder."

This is how they treat Tenno when they manage to retrieve one. They use what they take to make themselves better, then make a profit off the remains. So I'm inclined to agree with Snale. Sorry, but the Corpus would likely have drones or criminals work in mines, as that seems to fit them better.

Renegade, how the hell did your Frost assemble the gun back to functioning condition? Arthur got the firing mechanism. A weapon can't function without that.

I pressed the 'Post' button too early, because I wanted to press the 'More Reply Options' for trying something else, and ended up accidentally pressing the 'Post' button. 

Speaking on the behalf of another character. I.E. Pinning the frost's wrists, then taking his gun, then disassembling and disabling it, and then apparently handin the pieces back. The way to not Metagame in this situation would be to attempt to pin the frost's wrists, and then give renegade time to respond.

From forum rules:

Do not post on behalf of another character, unless you have their express permission. If you wish to make a post that involves another person’s character, then you may wish to contact them first and be sure that the actions you have planned fit the character concept.

For example, Bob the Grineer enters the room and shouts death-threats at the Tenno present. That in itself is not a problem, but if Bob also posts that all the Tenno cower in fight at his manly voice, you are taking control of that character away from the controlling player.

This process is called Metagaming and is a big no-no in forum-based RP groups.

Edited by ultimatumcore