Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

I vaguely remember that Achaix thought that the triceph was some sort of partition so I took that and ran with it.

The whole post I wrote was kinda crappy anywhoo since I had no idea what to make Khaldun actually do so I made him put his stuff out in blistering detail. I need to catch up timewise anyway so I'll edit that.

1. That has something to do with Infested? Damn I did not read enough of Faithful to know what's going on here.

2. To clarify: Hieracon is at the edge of the solar system, right? I was under the impression we'd be going to other star-systems here - but we aren't are we? I'm just really confused as to where the signal is, why we're still in Origin, how far are we going from Origin, etc.

Assuming necessary resource conservation is a thing;

How much resources would you burn up just going all the way?

Besides, it gives us more time towards socializing and settling in.

1. Why stop once? Where are we going to stop? At the Orokin Derelict space fuel station?

2. This particular halt - I dunno. Seems like we're about to run into Infested, and I'm not really sure why. It's like the "split the party thing" I did in 1347.

3. Temp, is that lovely poem part of, or the whole signal?

Yeah I guess Temp has this planned out, that we'll run into Infested or Sentients. It's just kinda frustrating being kept in the dark like this.

Edited by S.T.M.P.D

STMPD, there is a thing called dramatic tension. If we knew everything that was going on, especially the spoileriffic specifics you tend to ask for, it would pretty much ruin the story's pacing.

Everything will be answered in time. Perhaps if you want to know, you could have your character sleuth around, rather than request the knowledge OOC. Believe me, from what I know, there's plenty to be found even now.

1. Why stop once? Where are we going to stop? At the Orokin Derelict space fuel station?

2. This particular halt - I dunno. Seems like we're about to run into Infested, and I'm not really sure why. It's like the "split the party thing" I did in 1347.

3. Temp, is that lovely poem part of, or the whole signal?

Yeah I guess Temp has this planned out, that we'll run into Infested or Sentients. It's just kinda frustrating being kept in the dark like this.

Then do me a favor; Stop trying to skip to the back page, and read the book.

I think everyone else has more or less answered as I would.

STMPD, what you're asking for is essentially the whole plot of Lotus in Bloom.  We are not stopping in Hieracon; we are just passing through.  This was necessary for the same reason that you can't get from San Francisco to New York without going over or around a few mountain ranges and a desert.

That "love poem" as you call it, has nothing to do with the signal we're chasing.  It's a tie in to the other overarc, which I swear I've mentioned several times.  Signal, and Secrets.  From now on, keep in mind that almost everything I do is meant to advance one or the other.

One final note:  to avoid ruining your enjoyment of Lotus in Bloom, I strongly advise against reading Faithful.  The fact that you and many other people do not know what is going on is an important part of the plot I am building.  If you really want to know what's going on, pay attention IC, and start digging.

Edited by Temperance000

Hey STMPD,

Just a reminder to edit your post about Suda and the Tricephalon.  She had nothing to do with its creation, and is certainly not a member in any way, shape, or form.  I would appreciate the prompt removal of any assertions to the contrary. 

Cheers,

Temp

Hey STMPD,

Just a reminder to edit your post about Suda and the Tricephalon.  She had nothing to do with its creation, and is certainly not a member in any way, shape, or form.  I would appreciate the prompt removal of any assertions to the contrary. 

Cheers,

Temp

Sorry dude. Thought I had edited that and it was done with.

Also sorry about trying a little hard to know too much. 1347 has proved I'm terrible with suspense and large plot arcs, so I suppose it would be best keeping that stuff out of my hands.

One more thing, STMPD.

Sorry to keep bugging you, but your description of the Manifold's combat alert is so completely overblown that you may as well be on a different ship.

There are no klaxons.  There are no neon banners shouting COMBAT ALERT.  There was no sudden stop, no rumblings of an imminent attack.

Just a smooth transition back into realspace, and some tasteful red trim lighting up in the corridors.  You know the aisle lights on an airplane?  Like those, just a bit brighter, and on the ceiling as well as the floor.  This is a precautionary alert, not a full-blown combat situation.

Edited by Temperance000

Triple post.  Yaaaay.

Speaking of the red lights, you guys do realize that Temperance made an announcement about the ship going to combat alert right before they punched through the Rail?  Or did everyone just kind of skip that part?

Edited by Temperance000