Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

I hadn't expected this to be able happen once it closed all that time ago but I have been reading through it anyhow.  I had been wondering why everything slowed down in the IC, then after I read through here I see why now.  Then I notice recruiting is happening again, so because you're recruiting now, might I join here?

Not so much recruiting as offering space.  Please post a character profile here in the OoC, adhering to the rules above about frame and weapon allowances.  To preserve IC integrity, all new characters will be assumed to have been present aboard the ship the whole time, and simply ignored up to this point.

Edited by Temperance000

Here he is.

Name: Xiuhcoahtl (Xiu for short)

Frame: A black and false gold colored Rhino, partially primed gauntlets

Appearance: Short shaved black hair, a Tenno variant of an ocular sensor replacing his left one (Lost defending Strata relay), front teeth filed to points and capped in dark steel.  Large and bulky outside of his frame, golden energy color, middle aged in terms of Tenno aging.

Tendencies: He's specialized in technical and repair/tinkering/salvage work, his own frame subject to his attempts to Prime it when he can.  Should these attempts fail he salvages what he can and starts over with a new Rhino.  He interacts with other Tenno mostly, almost exclusively, calling ones he personally knows 'Brother' or 'Sister' if no official ranks are given or otherwise asked.   

He likes to think he's efficient in combat, Mastering heavy weapons and striking hard enough to down multiple foes or grappling a single tougher enemy to open them up to allied attacks.  In ranged fights he'll use his Tigris or one of his twin Lex's. 

Edited by (XB1)AjarGman

Here he is.

Name: Xiuhcoahtl (Xiu for short)

Frame: A black and false gold colored Rhino, partially primed gauntlets

Appearance: Short shaved black hair, a Tenno variant of an ocular sensor replacing his left one (Lost defending Strata relay), front teeth filed to points and capped in dark steel.  Large and bulky outside of his frame, golden energy color, middle aged in terms of Tenno aging.

Tendencies: He's specialized in technical and repair/tinkering/salvage work, his own frame subject to his attempts to Prime it when he can.  Should these attempts fail he salvages what he can and starts over with a new Rhino.  He interacts with other Tenno mostly, almost exclusively, calling ones he personally knows 'Brother' or 'Sister' if no official rank is given or otherwise asked.   

He likes to think he's efficient in combat, Mastering heavy weapons and striking hard enough to down multiple foes or grappling a single tougher enemy to open them up to allied attacks.  In ranged fights he'll use his Tigris or one of his twin Lex's. 

I have a few concerns about the "partially-Primed" frame, since I usually hold standard frames completely separated from their Prime variants; inferior after-market copies, if you will.

I'd like a few others to weigh in before I make a final decision, but otherwise, I think it looks good.

*crashes through wall* So I heard things are happening.

After a fashion, yes.  Due to the number of drops and the general feeling of insularity and clique-ish-ness, I've opened the thread to recruitment again.

Edited by Temperance000

I think Xiu is fine. I don't see why one would be unable to replace bits of a frame with its prime variety parts, in universe. Other tenno might find it distasteful or irreverent, but its certainly doable imo.

Doesn't seem like he'll be trying to solo-glory, either, while still being helpful in a fight.

I would ask one question: I'm assuming he's lotus-loyal to some degree, but why is he? For examples, does he believe the Lotus' philosophy of balance fully, does he just want to see the grineer and corpus stamped out, or is it simply that the Lotus is the most powerful faction with the Tenno's best interests in mind? Or of course any other reason. Knowing why he's here gives a nice insight to his personality and values.

I thank you all for the replies, and for Snale's question about his alignment to the Lotus, I was trying to think of a way to word it in the character sheet but it always sounded a bit weird to me so I took some time to think on it.

(I thought a lot on this, sorry for the length of the answer.)

The easiest way for me to put it is like this.  He's loyal to a fault, and he's loyal to the Tenno first, and allies to them (Syndicates, Darvo in timeline, Maroo, Teshin and Simaris later) are just okay in his book but at the end of the day most of them (mostly the Syndicates here) have tried, will or plain and simple can harm the Tenno in one way or another, but none of them are special cases so he is more willing to repay them in kind.  Mostly through bloodshed.

But then there's Lotus who, much like Ordis, are pretty much the only other people in all of Origin that remain steadfastly aligned with the Tenno.  Given this, they are in a different category altogether to him. 

To him Lotus is on the edge out of the two. Until the day she does forsake the Tenno, if she ever does, he trusts her completely.

One thing he's sure of though.  There are many Tenno, and powerful factions and clans within and without of their ranks, but there's only one Lotus.  One Lotus that has been and is keeping them all in check.  So it's also important to keep her in power.  He dreads to think of the inevitable power struggle that only something like the loss of the Lotus would bring.

Long story short, it's complicated.  She's in a complicated position to him.  But she is also irreplacable.

Edited by (XB1)AjarGman

Lol, I'd love to see how he's handle the Twins. Seeing as they do not trust the Lotus and are a part of a clan who claims independance from her, only being temorary allies when demanded. Such like in cases of diffrent operations like the events we've had in game. But otherwise they stay outside.

Arthur and Jinx?  He'd most likely be hopelessly confused but also not that worried, if that's somehow possible >.>.  As long as their clan isn't actively trying to depose her unless if it's because of some unforgiveable crime against the Tenno as a whole, aside from his confusion, I don't foresee any serious conflict. 

Having read through the opinions here and in the chatango, and bearing in mind the unholy mess that resulted last time we tried to homebrew Tenno powers or warframe parts, I'm going to give my all-clear for Xiu to post in the IC.

One condition though: his prime gauntlets will be treated as heavily modified parts of his original frame, not actual prime gear, and should not affect his gameplay except in a purely cosmetic sense or a tiny splash of extra armor on his hands.  Anything more and we risk edging into that fuzzy grey area at the edge of technical canon.

Anyone else remember that little incident with Technocyte and Void Energy?  Yes?  Let's not have a repeat of that with Orokin tech and Tenno ingenuity.

I thank you for accepting me into here.  But no one will need to worry about the partial prime affect him in a way aside from cosmetics where the gauntlets are concerned.  If it were something else, say the reactor or something like the systems then maybe but most likely not in a positive way.  I imagine something like that would be the same as a jet engine propelling a styrofoam plane, the inferior parts just couldn't keep up.

But onto posting IC, where is he needed more as far as work goes, engineering or manufacturing?  Or is it cool if he's in a handyman capacity?

I believe Atlanta, our grouchy Nova Chief Engineer, could always use some help.  This may require Xiu entering the picture slightly traumatized though; as you'll recall if you've read the IC up to this point, we recently had an accident of colossal proportions in Engineering, and about six of the staff are still in Medical, while we just held the funeral for a seventh.

Oh, currently, just so everyone knows: in order to avoid another tragic mishap, the main drives and a lot of the major systems are offline while Atlanta's team performance maintenance.  Which means, we're effectively stuck on the Tower for another day or so ]:)

I believe Atlanta, our grouchy Nova Chief Engineer, could always use some help.  This may require Xiu entering the picture slightly traumatized though; as you'll recall if you've read the IC up to this point, we recently had an accident of colossal proportions in Engineering, and about six of the staff are still in Medical, while we just held the funeral for a seventh.

Oh, currently, just so everyone knows: in order to avoid another tragic mishap, the main drives and a lot of the major systems are offline while Atlanta's team performance maintenance.  Which means, we're effectively stuck on the Tower for another day or so ]:)

While possibly holding back a possible infested outbreak in the tower?

Edited by Drakeardian

*cringes* Oh... Atlanta.  Well, Xiu's got work to do regardless.  It was a ruptured cryotic pipe or something along those lines that caused the accident right?  Eh.  It's critical the ship gets back online.  I'll see what I can do.  Preferably before the Infested somehow get loose.  Pity too, that Tower sounded really nice to visit.

I'll start posting.

Posted, but requires editing.  It's been a bit since I read over the layout of the ship (regrettably) and I need to edit the Decks 1 and 7 having engines somehow and move that to 2 and 6, and flip which Deck Xiu was on.  Dorsal is lower and Ventral is upper right? 

EDIT: In terms of ships that is. 

Of course I remember now.  Silly me.  It's the other way.  Merp.

Edited by (XB1)AjarGman