Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Hmm. With ideas on how to jump back in... I've been thinking, one possible solution is; Lusith is technically C-sec, right? And Hydroponics in her off-time.

Either way, if somebody can't call her out for security detail on something, say Temperance, one of the twins, somebody else above her that requires her, then I figure I can also do something with Achaix to get her to Hydroponics.

Cordia proceeded on her rounds, checking to make sure that each of her patients was either being treated or resting comfortably.  Once she was finished, she intended to return to Sahjey’s bedside and talk to the Mesa about her options for treatment.

Sorry to be a bother @Astralin , but this is in future tense if I'm reading it correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh... I never hoped it'd come to this, but friends I must inform you regretfully that I'm going to be pulling out of Lotus In Bloom. I've been inactive for so long, I've had my reasons, most of which are personal. But to put it simply ever since the start of the new year my life has been spiraling out of control. There are too many things going on, lots of problems and things I'm stressed over. I just don't feel that RP is something I should or can focus on right now. I'm hoping to return in the future. 

I wish you all the best of luck with our little story here, I'll try and drop by every once in awhile just to catch up on what's going on. I do hope to return before Lotus In Bloom concludes but if that doesn't come to pass I will just have to try for the next installment. Here's to hoping I have my affairs in order by that time, though life is a very strange and unpredictable thing. God speed Ma'dams and Gentlemen 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Starnsy_Warnsy said:

I think I'm done with Lotus in Bloom.

Honestly, I'd been mulling the idea over in my head for a while now, but I think I've just been trying to weather out a gradual erosion of the characters in the thread.

By that I mean that there are clearly characters in the RP that have much, much higher standing and... Presence than others. I suppose you could probably call them the main characters if you wanted. The focus never really seemed broad enough to allow for any others to come in to what was (to my knowledge) an existing storyline, and any of them that tried to seemed to just fall short of it, what with the metaphorical camera being almost glued to the most important ones. But that's not to say it's a bad thing. This RP is a beautiful thing you've got, full of rich story and character development that by all means should follow said characters, and I admire that.

Unfortunately, that's also the reason I've gotta cut myself -and by proxy, Null- away from it. Aside from an arc planned with him (that never really would end up amounting to much in the grand scheme of things) and some slightly nuanced backstory elements, he doesn't really bring anything to the table that hasn't already been done before, and certainly not enough to be considered important enough for keeping around. He's a very unimportant element of the story, something that could be entirely removed and nothing would really change. I feel like that's even worse than being a badly designed character, being one that's simply bland and forgettable. An extra, if you will. He's just not good character material for an RP of LiB's caliber.

For some of the same reasons, I don't think I'll be popping into the chatango anymore either. There's a group dynamic there that doesn't really lend itself too well to other people trying to integrate into it. It and LiB are way too high standard for me to be a part of, and I think I'd be better suited to trying to find a place somewhere more suited to someone like me. Not gold or bronze, but silver, if you catch my drift. Or maybe I'll just take a permanent break from the WF forums in general.

I don't know what I want to do at this point.

Granted, it is pretty late. And I have been drinking a bit on account of it being Easter Sunday and whatnot, So perhaps it's just that talking and not the actual me. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and realize that I was just being silly and clear this whole post.

Til then, here's your pal Starnsy signing off.

Hope you feel better Starnsy!

How long has Null been active in the IC thread?

We move slowly af, I know that well enough, but Null has yet to truly cement his status as a part of the Manifold's crew because he simply hasn't been in it as long as a few others. Give it time and effort and he's bound to join the "main cast", as loaded with implications as the expression may be.

It's just a matter of patience and involving your OC with others. Hell, we were already talking about that in the chatango a while back. Don't expect seeds to bear fruit in a day.

To be frank, I'm disappointed to see you leaving so soon. Good luck in other endeavours.

• 1 month later...

Starnsy? Unimportant? Mind me saying but I find the idea silly, given you were just about ready to start an... Interesting side arc if I may add. That made Null stand out to us in itself.

I certainly noticed it, but of course if you feel the need to leave, that is your decision and we'll respect it. With that, then I'll part you with a farewell and that I hope your future endeavors are good ones.

On another note, Achaix I have to ask, which deck is Kate leaving Engineering on? Depending, it may affect my next post for Lusith on her way to Hydroponics. If you don't mind her interrupting Abra's conversation that is.

Edited by WingedCrusade
Slight mistake. Nothing to see here folks.