Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

47 minutes ago, ultimatumcore said:

Those are respectable colors, I never found a good gold to the use.

If a gold looks 'good' not only depends on the color, but also the surface it is applied to (pbr metallic vs nonmetallic). On my Zephyr (nonmetallic), I can't get any gold to look better than a nice brown. On my Tigris (pbr), I can easily produces a variety of golds - and none of that colors is the same I use on Zephyr. I can recommend the Storm-palette (nice yellow-organges), Grineer (for the more bronze-like golds), and probably fire (don't own that one). Don't use the Halloween-palette if you can, because it's far too vivid for a good gold. Gold is, technically, just a shimmering yellowish brown.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

This thread is slowly turning into the fashionframers junction

Nothing better to do, honestly. Who's turn is it to post? Btw? Since Dalimir literally just conked out, I'd think Tacis could just toss him out of the surgical ward, I'd be fine if it was Annabelle tending to him, since she kinda does have a past with psychological evaluation and treatment, being a Nyx and all, and previously having a bad habit of intruding on people's minds without permission.

1 hour ago, Achaix said:

I've found that you can get a good gold colour without spending anything if you've got the Easter colour pallette. There's a soft beige that looks really good on metals.

I do have that one, but I was looking for a less washed out color, until I got the shamrock color palette and decided I liked a green that they had on it.

Edited by ultimatumcore

7 hours ago, ultimatumcore said:

I do have that one, but I was looking for a less washed out color, until I got the shamrock color palette and decided I liked a green that they had on it.

Shamrock -> upper row -> 1-st from the left and second from the top "light wheat" -> probably the best "pale gold" shade

PS: Shamrock is probably one of the best palettes out there

16 hours ago, Lady_Viper said:

I don't think Annabelle qualifies to make psych evaluations and treatment just because she used to be a Nyx, if that was the case then Jinx might as well do that job. 

A good point. If she notices that people are a little messed up in the head before they leave the tower, she'd most likely try to read up on any psychology type books that might be in the tower's archives. This is all speculation, of course, I could probably get back to regular posting I think, since Things are on the resolve path... You okay with that Temp when you see this?

P.S. Shamrock is among my favorites, along with Gamma and Ice(Which I'd like to have but don't.

Edited by ultimatumcore

I'm sure the Manifold has some psychological literature on file in their medical database, but you would be welcome to ask Cephalon Scitarius for anything the Tower has on file.  However, I would point out that since the Tower is a general-purpose library, they're about as likely to have treatment-grade resources as your own town's central library.  Also, Scitarius has not interacted with any of the Tenno since the battle, so no one knows precisely what's become of him.

43 minutes ago, Achaix said:

Besides, just reading a few books doesn't guarantee you'll make a good psychologist.

If videogames turn our children into murderers, a book can turn you into a psychopath... I mean, psychologist! :> 

“If she notices that people are a little messed up in the head before they leave the tower, she’d most likely try to read up on any psychology"

I think both Kate and Atlanta would be considered "messed up in the head" mind giving them some therapy? :3

11 hours ago, Temperance000 said:

I'm sure the Manifold has some psychological literature on file in their medical database, but you would be welcome to ask Cephalon Scitarius for anything the Tower has on file.  However, I would point out that since the Tower is a general-purpose library, they're about as likely to have treatment-grade resources as your own town's central library.  Also, Scitarius has not interacted with any of the Tenno since the battle, so no one knows precisely what's become of him.

Makes sense

10 hours ago, Achaix said:

Besides, just reading a few books doesn't guarantee you'll make a good psychologist.

Better than nothing, honestly, and since even Cordia has admitted she doesn't have formal psychology training *shrug* It's hilarious that they decided to go on an extended trip into space without a psychiatrist of some sort. (I'm figuring that the combination of a Nyx past, some book learning, and an A+ for effort can make up for not being a very good psychologist.)

7 hours ago, Lady_Viper said:

“If she notices that people are a little messed up in the head before they leave the tower, she’d most likely try to read up on any psychology"

I think both Kate and Atlanta would be considered "messed up in the head" mind giving them some therapy? :3

"If she notices" Is the operative segment right there, It'd be meta for her to suddenly decide to get good at psychology for no reason and then have it be of use, Dalimir might be enough motivation now that I think about it.

Edited by ultimatumcore

5 hours ago, ultimatumcore said:

"If she notices" Is the operative segment right there, It'd be meta for her to suddenly decide to get good at psychology for no reason and then have it be of use, Dalimir might be enough motivation now that I think about it.

Oh I was more thinking of the wonderful chaos that would ensue if she tried to poke around in Atlanta's brain, but that's just my love of drama talking....Though Atlanta may be in need of some actual therapy. Or some anger management class. 

6 hours ago, Lady_Viper said:

Oh I was more thinking of the wonderful chaos that would ensue if she tried to poke around in Atlanta's brain, but that's just my love of drama talking....Though Atlanta may be in need of some actual therapy. Or some anger management class. 

Lol, I could see that ending badly. Since she'll basically be helping blindly here she could still slip up in some place and from there you can have your fun, if simply appearing at the wrong time is enough to get fired, I'm sure Anna will find some way or other to get tossed out of engineering as well, via the tropes of something like Did I Just Say That? Or perhaps Digging Myself Deeper.

Edited by ultimatumcore

On 7/16/2016 at 9:42 AM, WingedCrusade said:

I think if Atlanta tried anything on Lusith, she'd probably just be like "Haha, what are you doing there with your fists to my bell-Oh........ Stop that now."

xD

Unless Lusith got hysteria mode on she'd still take damage and wouldn't be so casual about it. I also don't think that she'd be that calm and casual while actually in hysteria.

And in Hysteria I don't think she would be able to do much if she just happened to stumble through a well placed portal, having her end up in space outside the ship. :3