Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If The Warframe Universe Was Our Actual Real Life Universe... There's No Way In Hell We'd Let The Vesper Relays Be Demolished...

I SINCERELY hope that the Void Trader misses a visit if whatever Relay he was going to appear in gets blasted. So, he is gone for 4 weeks instead of two for each relay that gets destroyed.

After all, it is not HIS fault that people can't get off their duffs. And if he misses his transport to a hub? He has to reschedule EVERYTHING.

People wanted a longer event, they got it. Now they want a shorter one.

If this were real? People would be screaming for he government to fix it, then screaming about how the government wasn't fixing things right.

I REALLY hope the Void Trader is delayed in spawning because SOME PEOPLE didn't want the relays to survive.

Edited by Kalenath

We wanted an event that is longer, yes, but this is horribly executed to say the least. We have literally no reason to play the fomorian missions more than once due to the lack of a reward.

And having a punishment as the only incentive to keep going is factually horrible design.

The corpus were weakened by the gadivus conflict. They told us that would happen...

That explanation is about as plausible as a whale walking on water, because DE did make the corpus out as Leaders in Technological development and Economics (they frickin' sell tech to the grineer goddamn it), in my opinion that is a bs explanation due to the fact that the new Nulifiers make the Corpus hard as hell (but DE should add Hyennas and Jackals as normal enemies but they don't want that, they want the Corpus, the only guys that aren't 100% evil to lose cause pillocks with rocks win vs geniuses with limitless coffers) but I digress, I just don't like it when superior powers are victimized for no reason, the grineer aren't the good guys since the Corpus might tax you but they won't use you as slave labour.

I SINCERELY hope that the Void Trader misses a visit if whatever Relay he was going to appear in gets blasted. So, he is gone for 4 weeks instead of two for each relay that gets destroyed.

After all, it is not HIS fault that people can't get off their duffs. And if he misses his transport to a hub? He has to reschedule EVERYTHING.

If this were real? People would be screaming for he government to fix it, then screaming about how the government wasn't fixing things right.

I REALLY hope the Void Trader is delayed in spawning because SOME PEOPLE didn't want the relays to survive.

You sir, have my upvote. Somebody needs to teach the children there are consequences to their actions, or in this case, inaction.

wasnt implying that. Maybe you havent been around long enough to see the mentality this community actually possesses.

While probably true, I doubt it's much different than the communities I've been a part of for the past 15 years.  Could probably start an "old-timers" blog relating stories of the childishness and drama that has ensued in the many groups I've observed and been a part of.

Yes, because players are known to do things for free in games like this.

But nobody knows what is really going to happen....

Is it too much to ask to put in a little effort and protect something thats been literally given to you for FREE? No? So the real mentality here is "If I dont get something for my efforts, right here, right now, I dont care what happens, Im not lifting a finger."

What if there is a serious downside to losing one of these things?

Like what? DE already told us what the consequence would be. The relay would be destroyed. Whether it will rebuilt or not, I can't say. They didn't say anything about syndicate rep, or resource loss, or void trader stuff. They said the relay would go boom, and that's what's going to happen. Any additional punishments will receive righteous backlash, because DE will have lied by omission about their event.

But nobody knows what is really going to happen....

Is it too much to ask to put in a little effort and protect something thats been literally given to you for FREE? No? So the real mentality here is "If I dont get something for my efforts, right here, right now, I dont care what happens, Im not lifting a finger."

Firstly: If there's a serious downside, DE should say it.

Secondly: It's a game and people won't do things without any incentive.

Thirdly: If the incentive is avoiding punishment, most players will hate it to death and hate DE for making such a bad event.

Bottom line: Give players rewards for doing good.

Also I don't get anything in the relays for free apart from a hangout place which isn't something I'll miss at all. Everything else requires you to pay in some way.

I think you are overestimating the downside to be honest.  Gamers have this tendency to "overreact" to anything and everything, so I'm guessing it's not going to be so severe that it will piss intelligent people off enough to leave.

While probably true, I doubt it's much different than the communities I've been a part of for the past 15 years.  Could probably start an "old-timers" blog relating stories of the childishness and drama that has ensued in the many groups I've observed and been a part of.

Lol I bet so. I can honestly say though, Ive never seen this kind of selfishness, greed, and false sense of entitlement in games that cost actual money to buy to play. Like mass effect for example, there were crazy events that would happen there which were nothing more than a mere grindfest with a reward that was RNG based to begin with. Totally not worth the effort.... but the entire community was in line to grind it out for the greater goal.

If we didnt complete the goal as a community, we didnt get the overall reward.

What we have here, I believe stems from a multitude of different things. I believe there is a genuine disinterest in certain aspects of the game now, especially among veteran players. There is a substantial lack of story content, and motivational content.

Combine that with the greedy nature of the community, and the developers not taking a solid stance on it, has proven to the community they can get away with all kinds of silly things. If they whine enough about something and throw tantrums, they'll eventually get what they want.

In the recent months, ive noticed DE making some good changes to reduce the pandering to that type of behavior. So in this case, I really hope something bad happens.