Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Oh Steve had some WIP about new Cloth Physics, it's going to look AWESOME on our Frost boy and Trinity!

Alpha, I believe that is cause for celebration. Let us all meet up and mass-spam our Snow Globes with different Energy colors so we crash our games, and probably fry our computers! It will be GLORIOUS!

Alpha, I believe that is cause for celebration. Let us all meet up and mass-spam our Snow Globes with different Energy colors so we crash our games, and probably fry our computers! It will be GLORIOUS!

THE FPS SHALL WITHER AND BE LOST IN A BLAZE OF COLORS AND SNOW EFFECTS!

VICTORY TO THE CLOTH!

I think with frosts new augmet for icewave he can make an ice labyrinth or barricade :D I proposed an augment mod back then that might add more utility and versatility for Frosts main ability snow globe

SNOW GLOBE AUGMENT: ICESCAPE

Holding 3 while snow globe/globes are active will expand/explode snow globe creating a frozen landscape ranging ____ in game meters and effectively freezing and enemies caught in it or slowing down enemies that travel in the frozen terrain for ______ duration and dealing frostbite (ice DOT) damage. This augment mod is affected by range and duration mods.

I think with frosts new augmet for icewave he can make an ice labyrinth or barricade :D I proposed an augment mod back then that might add more utility and versatility for Frosts main ability snow globe

Holding 3 while snow globe/globes are active will expand/explode snow globe creating a frozen landscape ranging ____ in game meters and effectively freezing and enemies caught in it or slowing down enemies that travel in the frozen terrain for ______ duration and dealing frostbite (ice DOT) damage. This augment mod is affected by range and duration mods.

Haha, let's focus on fixing the old boy up before we start slapping augments on him.

Haha, let's focus on fixing the old boy up before we start slapping augments on him.

Thats right fix frost up than some augments on him:D

I think with frosts new augmet for icewave he can make an ice labyrinth or barricade :D I proposed an augment mod back then that might add more utility and versatility for Frosts main ability snow globe

Holding 3 while snow globe/globes are active will expand/explode snow globe creating a frozen landscape ranging ____ in game meters and effectively freezing and enemies caught in it or slowing down enemies that travel in the frozen terrain for ______ duration and dealing frostbite (ice DOT) damage. This augment mod is affected by range and duration mods.

I don't think it should be augment, it should be a buff for frost ^_^ Edited by Xtoxinkilla

OP Makes thread about our beloved Frost. Doesn't even know Avalanche is one of the strongest powers in the game when used for nuking.

Cold damage isn't much if it's not some Corrupted... but the base damage is so high it makes almost any other nuke a joke in sheer numbers. As far as I've visibly seen... only Miasma and Rhino Stomp.

One of the strongest nuke powers in the game that leaves him stunned longer than the enemies hit, okay.

Bladestorm makes it look like a joke in the raw damage department. Radial Javelin has more range. Rhino Stomp comes with utility. Miasma scales with negative duration and strength and doesn't leave Saryn open. Prism has huge range and damage over time. Reckoning comes with utility and CC. World on Fire is mobile. Peacemaker has huge range. Tentacle Swarm does more damage to targets caught and sometimes outright kills them due to the weird ragdolls. Overload has potential to hit harder with more units and more electronic devices around from my understanding and it CCs.

I think it's plenty weak from a pure nuke perspective. It's even worse when you compare it to some of the other 'pure nukes' because it's awfully lacking in the utility department. Only other nuke it's better than is Crush, and Crush desperately needs help.

Edited by CapedBaldy

One of the strongest nuke powers in the game that leaves him stunned longer than the enemies hit, okay.

Bladestorm makes it look like a joke in the raw damage department. Radial Javelin has more range. Rhino Stomp comes with utility. Miasma scales with negative duration and strength and doesn't leave Saryn open. Prism has huge range and damage over time. Reckoning comes with utility and CC. World on Fire is mobile. Peacemaker has huge range. Tentacle Swarm does more damage to targets caught and sometimes outright kills them due to the weird ragdolls. Overload has potential to hit harder with more units and more electronic devices around from my understanding and it CCs.

I think it's plenty weak from a pure nuke perspective. It's even worse when you compare it to some of the other 'pure nukes' because it's awfully lacking in the utility department. Only other nuke it's better than is Crush, and Crush desperately needs help.

Haha, took the words right out of my mouth.

I'd love some new helmets for him. He looks too insect-like to me.

I like non primed frost helmet. But I think I would like a slight cahnge to frost helemet and for frost prime, make it same as the non primed frost, but it would be nice if its slightly or more different from frost. But perhaps it can be better than frost.

Edited by Xtoxinkilla

A Frozen Crown helm? A Pun for the "King Of Defense" title he has? Haha, I could dig something like that!

Oh helllllll yeah. Maybe take some inspiration from DS2 like the Rampant Golems? Cause let's face it, Frost looks like a beetle and Loyce knight had babies.

I like non primed frost helmet. But I think I would like a slight cahnge to frost helemet and for frost prime, make it same as the non primed frost, but it would be nice if its slightly or more different from frost. But perhaps it can be better than frost.

I'd just like 2 more alternate helmets period. I'll take almost anything at this point for him to not look the way he is. However, his performance is even worse than his helmet design...

I agree that Freeze seems to do alot more damage than needed. But it has little use outside of headshotting a big headed enemy with an arrow. I definetly would prefer it the freeze didn't subside the moment 3 bullets hit the target. Even having it so that a cold proc applied for when they "thaw" would help.

Ice wave I have mixed opinions on. I want more out of it as late game it's only really good for slowing enemies down which thank god they brought that feature back. I hated it when it would only do damage and nothing else. At the same time I don't know what could be done to it and still keep it "balanced" whatever that means to other players. i personally would at least say that affected enemies should be slightly slower than what they do now and ice wave having a slightly larger AoE.

Snow Globe. The iconic move of Frost...I still miss the days of infinite health snow globe but I don't expect that making a return. and all the while I managed to get a single globe to survive a 20 second onslaught on defense by level 45 corrupted (at the time the duration lasted 29ish seconds) The biggest problem I have with snowglobe now besides it having both health and duration is that there is no indication that the globe with dissipate outside of the remaining duration. once that globe goes down everyone gets slaughtered. I still insist the globe doesn't have enough health on it just yet but for now I would really be happy if I can get some sort of indication the globe will soon dissipate because of heavy gunfire. Like a secondary counter below the remaining time on the globe telling the last casted globe's remaining health. Or if taking the aesthetic approach have cracks start forming around the globe as well and some sort of visual indicator the globe breaks like some dissipating snow and the sound of shattering glass. Although I would settle for the glass shattering noise and a health indicator. I complain of the lack of awareness for the globe health because I use the darkest shade of black from the smoke pallete to make the globe nearly invisible especially when standing in the middle of it. From there it's impossible to see the globe break especially if surrounded and your busy shooting the enemy out of the globe.

Avalanche.....It needs to be a CC type move. no question about it. Anything involving slowing down the enemy drastically or stopping their movement alltogether. I don't care how. Avalanche as a damage move is useless above level 30 enemies. Also Avalanche needs to stop shattering enemies when I kill them with it. I like seeing whole frozen statues of them surrounding me during those times I get a glitch where they don't shatter at all

Yes it will come out. Once this becomes a very hot topic for DE, Frost won't melt, he will become more colder than ever!

I have under expectation for it to arrive there if it does ill charge back and write I was wrong  but doubt it

ya frost is in an awkward spot. one of the best in grineer/corpus/void defense mission, but in lack of other utility outside of defense. i tried my very best to make power strength frost work, but unfortunately it cant carry me in high levels

I run power strength, and sadly his abilities can't kill past level 32 on Apollodorus... APOLLODORUS.