The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

I didn't read through the entire post, so I apologize if this has already been said. How about they make so grenades and explosions don't go through the shield? It's like fish in a barrel when a grenade is thrown in it.

Anyone know when U16 drops?

I think its either tomorrow or Friday. What does everyone think of the Frost Prime removal?

I personally don't mind. It's become too easy to get the prime versions IMO. Why would anyone play the regular version otherwise?

I can't believe they're taking him out of the drop tables. I don't understand the move. Please tell me Frost is getting his buffs, at the very least.

Well, look at all the things that are happening lately. The community hot topic poll included Frost and his powers. And now he is being removed from drop tables. I believe this is all in an effort to revamp the Frost Prime.

Well, look at all the things that are happening lately. The community hot topic poll included Frost and his powers. And now he is being removed from drop tables. I believe this is all in an effort to revamp the Frost Prime.

same here, I'm hoping to stay positive about it.

I hope that if they do the re-haul on Frost, they release a skin for the already built Frost primes, so we can switch between the old and the new. But what would be even cooler is if Frost Prime is still acquirable afterwards. I already have one built, but I just don't think they should toss away a frame like that.

I hope that if they do the re-haul on Frost, they release a skin for the already built Frost primes, so we can switch between the old and the new. But what would be even cooler is if Frost Prime is still acquirable afterwards. I already have one built, but I just don't think they should toss away a frame like that.

With no reasoning behind given, and him going into the "Prime Vault" (meaning unattainable, as Megan's Post stated), I don't understand why. I just hope that yes, we do have a skin if they do overhaul him, it would be nice to have that! A new skin, some good buffs, and he's gonna be a great frame!

What about something like this:

Avalanche

The skills lack of scale ability comes from the fact that it's just a straight damage button that fetters off in higher content. To keep with his theme of Ice and the thematic elements of Avalanche, and also to give it some individuality from other ults, I propose giving Avalanche the mechanic of throwing enemies out of its effective radius after they've been hit with the Avalanche and ice. In addition, giving surviving enemies an extended Cold Proc would be very useful.

Enemies were just hit with an Avalanche, they should've been swept off their feet and experiencing some flash freeze/hypothermia. Giving it knock back/knock down away from the Casting Frost, along with the Cold Proc gives Avalanche the characteristics of a Defensive and Offensive skill. Defensive Frosts can use Avalanche as a panic button to push enemies away from an area they need to protect, and gives the squad some breathing room to work. Offensive Frosts can use Avalanche as a tool for killing enemy mobs with its damage, but also giving some room for shooting the enemies who survive with a Cold Proc.

The ability execution would perform as follows. As Frost raises his hand to Freeze enemies within the area, the damage is applied to the affected units. As Frost brings his hand down and sweeps it across, the enemies would be thrown out of his affected radius and have the proc applied after thawing. It fits his animation set thematically, and gives it more meaning.

I have to say, I love how fleshed out your idea is man. I hope they do exactly as you've written, that'd be ideal. That is quite awesome man.

I have to say, I love how fleshed out your idea is man. I hope they do exactly as you've written, that'd be ideal. That is quite awesome man.

Thank you. I wanted to try and keep what DE gave us, but build onto it. Less work, but the power becomes scale able, its useful for a plethora of situations, it fits his theme, and it fits his animation set. Everything fits for it, all they need to do is add some more mechanics to it and it'll be golden.

I hope everyone's been posting on the hot topics thread about changes you want.

Don't be shy. Many of us came up with creative ideas here. 

I want DE to see all of them.

Edited by Tymerc

I hope everyone's been posting on the hot topics thread about changes you want.

Don't be shy. Many of us came up with creative ideas here. 

I want DE to see all of them.

I have! I hope they're helpful. Well he used my thread as one of the source threads, so I hope people read it!

I maintain my observation that Ice Wave can have a freezing proc, which makes Freeze redundant. Make Ice Wave the new ability 1, move Snow Globe to 2 (because it's essentially an immobile version of Iron Skin), create a new power for 3 (probably a buff/debuff movement ability, if the powers trend in the game is anything to go by), and give Avalanche chance to knockdown for flavor.

chilling globe 50 per cent chance to freeze are target that enters frosts globe for 8 seconds

it also works on cast so it can freeze them instantly

works if you cast it over and over again in the same globe

you can not get above 50 per cent with any kind of mods which is kinda disappointing

the duration of the freeze I don't know

it looks good and does work but as I was using it over loads of enemies at once to try and get loads of frozen enemies it doesn't really work well so if you want to use it to freeze a bombard or a heavy gunner so you can melee its kinda bad to do that idea. For me its not really worth the mod slot

Edited by tris1

Frost new augment for Snow globe is the most suckest augment they have been create. Frozen enemy when they step in snow globe, goodddddddd.... But the the problem is the snow global will be break before they step in. So if i want this augment work good, i need one Loki Disarm. But in that case, Loki disarm alway better when he come with Nova than Frost. Nova last skill can slow enemy and even can make them weak 50%, mean all fire power damage will be double when shoot on them. So use Frost for what? For suck or for snow global eat some butlet before to Frost and his teammate turn?

And this is some fund thinking of my. Now i understand why Frost prime not stay with us any more. DE not love him, so he no reason to continou fightting in game. (The next one may be Ember prime, DE keep neft her, make her upset and she is losing her fire power now)