The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

I've been experimenting with the CC setup. So far so good.

My build is:

- Overextended

- Stretch

- Fleeting Expertise

- Primed Continuity

- Ice Wave Impedance

- Rage

- Flow

- Quick Thinking

Obviously you won't do any tanking. But the CC is great. Both the slowdowns and the void ice strip effect are great with max range, and having a 12m range globe is very nice for interrupting incoming firelanes.

I see what you did there :-)  Personally, no lie, the ice wave impedence mod is pretty much, my favorite augment in the game at the moment.  It's like Void ice traps on steroids for the enemies.  I LOVE that augment.

Totally changed the way I play Frost!

I played with two buddies against Lephantis and WOOOOOO! The augment was PRICELESS for keeping him open long enough to pop him good!

Is anyone else kinda hoping that the Frost buffs come in time for the update with the Sentients? 

-Snif- Maybe...

Offtopic: Well, I was trying the Snow Globe augment and it is awesome against the Infested. You can go full Power Length, as the Infested faction can't damage the Globe shooting at it. I checked it out againts Corpus and Grineer in Interceptions and also works well. Now, I have to try it on the Void, as Laser Moas are so anoying. But I still can't find out how to Mod him for it.

Is anyone else kinda hoping that the Frost buffs come in time for the update with the Sentients? 

I hope the same as well. Scott has said that he will be looking back at the elder frames, and having Frost get some buffs would greatly make him useful not only in the Trials, but also when the Sentients arrived.

lol you got to be kidding right I love Excalibur or should I say loved Excalibur but every update they nerf him even further into the ground there is no way there buffing him anytime soon

You have not watch the latest devstream. Scot came to forums for frost feedback but he saw how much people wanted to fix excalibur so excalibur is having a full rework.

You have not watch the latest devstream. Scot came to forums for frost feedback but he saw how much people wanted to fix excalibur so excalibur is having a full rework.

yer I just looked at the fourm  and saw the news that's why I changed my post to nvm and apologise

Hmm, well hopefully Frosty gets his after Excalibur. What if there was an augment to make the floor on the inside of the globe like Ice Wave Impedance? As well as slipping and falling, if that isn't part of it already (sorry, don't really use augments.)

After watching the last dev stream it got me think about a frost rework and I just wanted to give my two cents on his ult.

It needs to be redone, no doubt about that, but I honestly think its already on the right track, so here is my suggestion. Leave it at the same damage and range but change its CC too a custom freeze. What this custom freeze would do is freeze them in place for about a second and then slow thaw them over a longer period of time, say about 5 seconds(Modified by duration). This I think would give his avalanche; or as I'd like it to be re-flavored to, Cold Snap; a good amount of CC and really supplement his kit while staying true to his theme and not being too strong or uninspired.

And yeah, my two cents. Looking forward to the Frost rework in the future and keep up the good work.

I just built Frost and he seems fine- except for the fact that his ultimate doesnt freeze enemies. It doesnt make any sense that it doesnt do that.

Hopefully the Frost reword isnt as drastic as the Excal rework. i like his abilities, they just really need to add a freeze or slow to his ultimate. Hopefully they can do that by 16.5

Frost is being reworked/looked at after Excalibur! Yes! Good job everyone! Let's hope Scott gives him some good buffs to his abilities! We've all contributed ideas, I just hope they're something useful and interesting that Scott can use when he looks at Frost.

Yeah man. We have been answered at last.

What's the thread about again?

I never mentioned it, but I thought it would be cool for each warframe to have 2 sets of powers instead of just 1, allowing for more personalization. For instance Frost's two sets could be CC/Defense and the like. The two sets would have to compliment each other well so that mixing and matching sets would be viable. That was just my general idea, so that not one Frame would be locked into just one role. 

because then he'd lose the PBR that some of us love

They should fix the issue that people had with that before making the change :(

Let's hope that comes in with the rework/changes as well.

I never mentioned it, but I thought it would be cool for each warframe to have 2 sets of powers instead of just 1, allowing for more personalization. For instance Frost's two sets could be CC/Defense and the like. The two sets would have to compliment each other well so that mixing and matching sets would be viable. That was just my general idea, so that not one Frame would be locked into just one role. 

Sounds interesting, although balancing that would be mayhem, it could be useful. Something like the augments, but baseline?

I've said these ideas on a few other recent Frost threads and I want to say it again:

(Off topic: I regret selling Frost, and don't know why I did it in the first place. Do you think I should try get him again?)

You should be able to see the health on globe so Frost players can see and know how damaged their globes are. Lokis can see the health on decoy, why can't Frost see it on globe?

Frost's abilities should be able to be a bit more decent for defense. For example: Freeze can be cast on snow globe to restore its health. If the health is full, the timer will be increased by a short amount instead. Another possible idea I suggested was making it so units killed within snowglobe by Frost would freeze, and maybe each frozen body within snowglobe could serve as a temporary armor buff to the globe.

I dunno any other possible ideas atm, but it'd be really nice for Frost's abilities to have different little things so that they can work better together or you can do things outside of your comfort zone such as letting enemies inside of your snowglobe for different effects.

This would need a lot of work to become usable, otherwise each frame would have one dominant set and wed call everyone who doesn't use them "noobs"