Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Op(In Tower Defense)

Prettyfox

Rhino's Roar has no real sense right now when the Total Eclipse showed up.

I prefer Total Eclipse as well, but you should never discourage people from using Roar.  It's the best skill on the most commonly used frame, and it's severely underused.  We can't stop people from playing this good at everything, great at nothing frame, but we can at least encourage them to be more useful.

Edit:  The best parts of Peacemaker are its awesome range and that it can do a lot of damage to a single target.  Corrosive Projection and damage support frames are your friend.

Edited by JakeRobber

You can't expect everyone running Mesa+Limbo+Mirage (and at those specific builds) so Mesa is not OP. It's a valid setup but has flaws. You'll run out of energy (as Mesa) in later waves and whoever is inside the bubble can't kill Nullifiers. Mesa is immobile, Mirage is immobile and Limbo won't survive hunting down Nullifiers. Whoever is your 4th teammate must take care of that.

I forgot to mention this: the Time to Kill becomes so long later on that you will want to have a CC frame.

Edited by MaverickZero

total eclipse boosts her to about 25k, and an augment like irradiated infusion bumps it to 70,000. Im pretty sure that kills vor in a few shots and ezmodes all the way to wave 50. Thats pretty much OP guys

Mesa is a little underpowered at times, and needs support from other frames due to low armor and vulnerability.

Buff Mesa's defenses a little.

you're joking right? 95% damage reduction shatter shield isnt tanky enough for you?

Edited by cyrus106

I prefer Total Eclipse as well, but you should never discourage people from using Roar.  It's the best skill on the most commonly used frame, and it's severely underused.  We can't stop people from playing this good at everything, great at nothing frame, but we can at least encourage them to be more useful.

Edit:  The best parts of Peacemaker are its awesome range and that it can do a lot of damage to a single target.  Corrosive Projection and damage support frames are your friend.

Obviously I don't mean to stop Rhinos from Roaring, but I'd rather enlighten some Rhinos that they can get Mirage that has a better booster skill.

Edited by Filas312

Effective: yes. OP: not really, although she still dishes out great damage.

How far can you go with Mesa depends on the build though. My guess is Intensify + Blind Rage + Transient Fortitude wrecks things all over the place.

The true scenario where Mesa can be OP is a good team which synergises well with her skills.

Edited by Vintovka

Went with mesa trinity mirage and frost. I was frost, we died at higher waves, because bombardiers were killing us trough bubble.

Yes mesa is good she is one of the go to defense frames, but she can't win whole game. And for her to work shee needs a dmg boost like total eclipse, that means you basically loose survivability. Dunno how well it works with cataclysm though.

But still the obvious disarm loki and nova, works much better. You kill slower for sure, but at least you are safe.

you're joking right? 95% damage reduction shatter shield isnt tanky enough for you?

It's a little unbalanced if you think of it like that actually. I find that without Streamline+Fleeting Expertise+Flow, Peacemaker is an energy sponge, you run out in no time. And with the added Fleeting Expertise, shattered shield lasts for what, 6-7 10 seconds for a 50 25 energy skill plus the drain of Peacemaker? No, it's not tanky at all, more of a panic button if you ask me, similar to Trinity's Bless without the healing. Iron Skin and Hysteria is what I'd consider tanky as they cost you barely anything and last forever (figuratively speaking). It's a defensive gimmick much like Zephyr's Turbulence at best, not something you can rely on.

All that considered - I'd call her a glass cannon much like Nova, dealing a decent amount of damage with little to no defense while doing it (even more so as you can still move around with Nova quickly whereas Mesa has to be stationary for the Peacemaker). I wouldn't call it OP, just fine as it is, but a little defensive buff wouldn't hurt.

Feel free to disagree, just my opinion, been using her nonstop since the release.

PS: Even with a full defensive build, you can easily lose all your health and most of your energy to the fire proc of a lvl35-40 napalm blast that was about 10 metres away, those things are ridiculous and neither ballistic battery nor peacemaker do much against those bullet sponges as they spam their stuff at you.

Edited by CapricaSix

I used Mesa quite a lot in T4 def, and teamed with other Mesa too.

She starts falling off when the team isn't working with her, and when she doesn't work with her other abilities and team mates as well. This is a big problem when her damage starts falling off.

I've seen plenty of Mesa on top of the pod, and since she can gather agro on her when she's not 1 hitting things anymore, the moment a heavy gunner shoots at her (and some times if it's not an organized team with frames only to carry her they even get into the globe later because of the huge amount of them) she pops in 2 hits because they underestimate their abilities. Even inside a globe, shatter shield and shooting gallery can help your team a lot when they can't kill the incoming enemies fast enough and they get into the globe. Since everyone is together and globe slows the enemy down, shooting gallery stun will help a lot, Shatter shield is simply a fail safe.

Of course, if you have an entire team made up to buff and protect you, she's OP, and a lot of other things would be OP too. Though honestly, I don't find it a bad thing. You are simply using your tools in coordination with your party members.

Her Shatter Shield could use a fix though. Some times it just doesn't reflect things that it's supposed to reflect. Peacemaker could use some kind of target assessment.

I wanna know if someone tried the limbo max duration + mirage total eclipse + mesa + rhino roar combo with 2 Corrosive Projection and 2 energy siphon.

You don't need a Siphon if you have a Limbo in team, as Rift regens energy. We've done 49 waves on T1D yesterday with Mesa & Mirage & Limbo & Excalibur. Doesn't sound satisfying, but we just crashed at wave 49 and we couldn't be arsed to go again. I believe what my teammate told me - we should try double Mesa + Limbo + Mirage. The sheer amount of mobs is too high for one Mesa to handle. With properly built Total Eclipse Mesa dealt like 15k of DMG per shot, and that's with 4 CPs.

Edited by Filas312

You don't need a Siphon if you have a Limbo in team, as Rift regens energy. We've done 49 waves on T1D yesterday with Mesa & Mirage & Limbo & Excalibur. Doesn't sound satisfying, but we just crashed at wave 49 and we couldn't be arsed to go again. I believe what my teammate told me - we should try double Mesa + Limbo + Mirage. The sheer amount of mobs is too high for one Mesa to handle. With properly built Total Eclipse Mesa dealt like 15k of DMG per shot, and that's with 4 CPs.

wtf is the point in 49 waves of t1d?