Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could The Sentients Be Helping The Grineer?

(PSN)Fac3kick3r_lolz

Who said they cant have energy based weaponry?

The Grinner asteroid sabotage missions imply that its as of yet beyond their abilities to build energy weapons, which is why you're destroying their mining robots and keeping them from finding the minerals (ore whatever) that would let them figure out how to make them. 

Although that specifically says "develop energy weapons".  It could be that they know how to construct or scavenge the equipment to construct energy based weapons, but the theory escapes them and so they cannot create new ones that suit their ends better.  Of course those laser cutters in the shipyards have been around quite a while, it could be one of those not perfectly time-linear things. 

We still don't know much of anything about the Sentients yet.  We do know that they and the Orokin were at war and we defeated them for the Orokin.  We also know they have some form of anti-tech ability at their disposal that makes high tech items dangerous to the user.  What we don't know is if they themselves are advanced or simply mooch off the tech others develop.  We also don't know if the have the guile or interest in using others as proxies to fight us.  I suspect that with the Corpus leaning on robotics and energy weapons so heavily, and the Grinner only being able to function because they have cyborg prosthetics, we're going to have a problem on our hands when they do show up. 

The Grinner asteroid sabotage missions imply that its as of yet beyond their abilities to build energy weapons, which is why you're destroying their mining robots and keeping them from finding the minerals (ore whatever) that would let them figure out how to make them. 

The Nukor already showed that the Grineer could build energy weapons (albeit primitive). 

My guess is that they have used some Orokin technology, along with what primitive lasers they could build, then made the Fomorian laser. 

I want the Sentients to return. They are implied to have killed the original Mirage, so I would love to test my own one-man-army skills.

"I'm the main character, and we all know plot armor can't be shattered." =w=

Edited by Tymerc

In the Grineer Shipyard and on the exterior of some astroids as seen during Archwing missions, the Grineer has some form of laser technology used most likely for cutting/fusing material and mining rocks. Those are no where as advanced as the Corpus where they do have weapons like the Flux Rifles and Fusion MOAs. While the Nukor is an energy weapon of sorts, it emits a Radiation based beam instead and has no actual physical property.

However, with the scale of a Fomorian and how large and extensive the power core is, it would not be impossible for them to just build something 20 times the scale and use it as a weapon. It would also explain why the Power core is that huge compared to the ones used to power a single ship or base as seen in regular Sabotage missions. The Fomorian Cannons themselves do not seem to fire a continuous beam, nor seem to be capable of firing it across planets as seen in the Corpus Archwing Missions either.

Edited by Flandyrll

Sentients with 1000+ years of prep time would utterly annihilate Tenno, Grineer, Corpus and any other race in their way. If they ever return, don't expect them to fall for the same "guns and swords" trick again.

I think you are giving waay to much credit to DE, by the time they return, we allready have primed boltor prime wich has basic 3000 puncture damage and every 30sec it shoots mini nuke wich kills entire room regardless their lvls.