Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki + Sentinel + Invisibility = Fail..please Fix

2ply

I'm not sure about this. Will vote: the FIX. (^_^)

Shade and invisibility together, could be the perfect combination, although it may produce imbalances in gameplay (super power).

Nah for the most part stealth game play is more suited to solo play as you have to take more time to do it right. One mistake and an enemy makes it to a terminal and surprise is shot. In order to be permanantly invisible with the combination of shade and invisibility it would take a ton of energy and a lot of enemies around to get that energy from and for shades stealth to work on you. It is never perfectly seamless which is why Loki users love decoy, and Ash users love bladestorm for those times when you run into too much too fast. 

It's fun as hell to attempt stealth runs but its also very difficult and gives no bonuses for finishing a map without detection. In group settings I use stealth on my Loki and Ash frames far less than i do playing solo because its more fast paced and you end up wasting a lot of energy trying to sneak up on something only to have it killed right before you pounce. Its more of a survival tool in that setting than a "super power"

That is a great question. Any Ash users use wyrm? I personally got shade specifically for Ash because not only does it stealth with the player when smoke screen is used, but if smokescreen wears off and enemies are still there shade will stealth you so you can gather up any drops without leaving stealth. Its pretty seamless. Since Wyrm is more offensive in nature It may cause issues by attacking where shade will only attack in retaliation to something attacking you.

If it works like that with Ash, It should work the same with Loki. Since it doesn't It's a pretty crappy scenario for Loki users. Please post any response for those that have submitted tickets as a lot of people will be curious about what is said.

Wyrm will stop attacking as long as it is cloaked by Smoke Screen. Good doggy.

Submitted a ticket a few weeks ago, got that usual copy/paste answer: "the dev team is aware...blah blah...will fix soon...blah"

Edited by Thelonious

That's good to know. I've thought about having both sentinels and using wyrm for group and shade for solo. I would assume that wyrm is more powerful. I just wish there were some good information sources about the damage and how certain mods effect sentinel weapons.

wow...this thread is so old..I love how it keeps getting rezzurected!

Its like a freaken zombie

DE.....KILL THIS ZOMBIE MEOW!

If you mean kill it as in fix it, yes, kill this zombie nao!

I literally logged onto this forum for the first time to post this exact topic, and I'm glad I found this post, as you've summed up my thoughts better than I probably would have!  This gets a big +1 from me, please give this attention soon, I'm fine with my sentinel not attacking anything when I go into stealth, but Loki's stealth ability should always cloak the sentinel as well imho, else attacking any more than 2-3 enemies at a time whilst stealth almost invariably leads to my poor li'l buddy's untimely death.

• 2 weeks later...

my suggestion is a mod that lets sentinel be affected by your abilities (like iron skin/link = temp invinc pet, blessing heals it, contagion adds poison dmg to your pet's guns, extra target for molt/decoy, invis/smoke bomb affects sentinel, and if you don't have it on, switch tele will not tele your pet (the pet will slowly moves to your place).  pull will not affect your ally's pet unless the you have it on, etc.  Of course, the details for other frames has to be work on, but that should be a rough starting point.

My suggestion is to FORCE any sentinel equiped to also go into steatlh as long as LOKI's signature stealth power is in use....as the sentinels are essentially an extension of the warframe. Additionally I would like to also include the need for the sentinels to go into a passive state when invisible so that the sentinels do not break stealth at all unless LOKI becomes no longer invisible.

+1. A simple and effective fix. Thank you for expressing this for us, 2ply.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed.
While Nyx forcing poison on her sentinel is not as critical, and so can be a Mod, I think that this should be enforced.
Any personal power of the Warframe (i.e. that only affects the warframe, like Invi, or Regen, or mod damage) should also be enforced on the Sentinel.
Nicely put, man!