Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston Prime High Tier Weapon?

robertdin

I've been using the Burston Prime a lot since the syndicate mods arrived because of the Gilded Truth mod.

Now the fire rate is acceptable and the Truth effect (Gas) kills almost everything until wave 20 of T4D.

What are your opinions, should we get it in the top tier list?

Any weapon can be "high-tier".

For example, I have a 6-forma'd Braton I got as a gift from a Humble Bundle and it kills quite well.

I'm sure you'll find that a 6 forma'd Braton Prime would perform better. Or a 6 forma'd Soma Prime, etc etc... There are actually tiers of weapons.

Burston Prime is actually really good now, it might not be absolutely top-tier but it definitely scales really well due to high proc chance and the augment mod.

I'm sure you'll find that a 6 forma'd Braton Prime would perform better. Or a 6 forma'd Soma Prime, etc etc... There are actually tiers of weapons.

Burston Prime is actually really good now, it might not be absolutely top-tier but it definitely scales really well due to high proc chance and the augment mod.

Even after the buff of the Braton Prime the Burston Prime is still superior. 

It's been sitting in the top 10 of rifle dps weapons for a long time. (ignoring AoE) 

The main reason it got so much hate was that burst weapons had their dps directly linked to framerate(if you had less than 60 fps you would do less damage). And since the biggest part of the community plays this game on total potatoes...this gun was unusable for them. 

But this issue has been fixed a few weeks ago and burst firerate is no longer affected by fps, and finally properly affected by speed mods.

Obviously Burst Rifles just like Semi-Autos strongly benefit from using the mousewheel to shoot.

Edited by Shehriazad

Even after the buff of the Braton Prime the Burston Prime is still superior. 

It's been sitting in the top 10 of rifle dps weapons for a long time. (ignoring AoE) 

The main reason it got so much hate was that burst weapons had their dps directly linked to framerate(if you had less than 60 fps you would do less damage). And since the biggest part of the community plays this game on total potatoes...this gun was unusable for them. 

But this issue has been fixed a few weeks ago and burst firerate is no longer affected by fps, and finally properly affected by speed mods.

Obviously Burst Rifles just like Semi-Autos strongly benefit from using the mousewheel to shoot.

I was responding to the whole "any weapon can be top tier" thing in the first half of my post :P

The second half was addressed to the OP

The point is, I (or anyone) can make a weapon preform better than just about anything given enough time. I have plenty of maxed Mods at my disposal (Vault Mods included).

Some weapons have better base stats, but it means nothing if the owner knows nothing about Modding. Like how most people give into the temptation of elemental damage, when that is only really powerful against one faction, and extremely weak against others. While pure physical damage is good on all factions, with almost no penalty against any faction. 

So yes, any weapon can be "top tier", given enough time.

There is no such thing as a "bad" weapon in Warframe.

Edited by Tymerc

I've been using the Burston Prime a lot since the syndicate mods arrived because of the Gilded Truth mod.

Now the fire rate is acceptable and the Truth effect (Gas) kills almost everything until wave 20 of T4D.

Boltor prime and Soma prime Be Jelly of Burston prime and braton prime no lie haters going to hate

God tier:

Synoid gammacor

Boltor prime

Dread

Vaykor marelok

Dakra prime

hek

high tier:

Brakk

soma prime

synapse(5 forma'd)

quanta(5 forma'd)

burston prime

secura dual cestras

amprex

A guy in my clan has EVERY non archwing affiliated weapon/frame 5 forma'd and weapons i thought were utter garbage like the quanta ending up being total monsters with 5 forma, any weapon can be good you just have to understand what youre trying to achieve, unless its the synoid gammacor.

Edited by (PS4)torvahn

The point is, I (or anyone) can make a weapon preform better than just about anything given enough time. I have plenty of maxed Mods at my disposal (Vault Mods included).

Some weapons have better base stats, but it means nothing if the owner knows nothing about Modding. Like how most people give into the temptation of elemental damage, when that is only really powerful against one faction, and extremely weak against others. While pure physical damage is good on all factions, with almost no penalty against any faction. 

So yes, any weapon can be "top tier", given enough time.

There is no such thing as a "bad" weapon in Warframe.

Compare a maxed-out Braton to a maxed out Boltor Prime. There is a CLEAR difference in power.

God tier:

Synoid gammacor

Boltor prime

Dread

Vaykor marelok

Dakra prime

hek

high tier:

Brakk

soma prime

synapse(5 forma'd)

quanta(5 forma'd)

burston prime

secura dual cestras

amprex

A guy in my clan has EVERY non archwing affiliated weapon/frame 5 forma'd and weapons i thought were utter garbage like the quanta ending up being total monsters with 5 forma, any weapon can be good you just have to understand what youre trying to achieve, unless its the synoid gammacor.

List disreguarded due to D. Nikana and Boar Prime not being listed.

Pls video of solo T4E with aklato and, say, Loki.

Actually wait, I don't need whole video, just tell me its length.

Why? I have nothing to prove.

You sound like you played ME3 a lot and been on the BSN xD "Hurr durr, solurrr this and that". I'm laughing my &#! off right now.

I never understood the point of playing a freaking multiplayer-game/mode by yourself.

Soloing is for people without friends and S#&$ty internet. Also: Loki is the ultimate scrub-frame.

sure. its very good. but its hard to use. so it will never be high tier. 

same with snipers. they are very good on paper. but they require insane skill

Edited by fuffi2milka

To answer your question without dipsy doodling around and insulting you like is want to do by others in this thread, yes. The syndicate effect makes the weapon very good and will raise your damage output to, in most cases, above what are considered 'top tier' weapons(SomaP BoltorP etc). Even better against crowds.

Wait.. gonna go off topic but.. from a humble bundle? i thought they only sell games?

There was a deal quite awhile ago where you were offered a free Braton with it's own potato and inventory slot for donating. If I can find an archive of that deal, I will edit it into this post for you.

Edit: I can't seem to find an archive of the deal, but here's a thread about it https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243677-warframe-humble-bundle-e3-promo-affinity-boosters-slot/

Edited by Tymerc

There was a deal quite awhile ago where you were offered a free Braton with it's own potato and inventory slot for donating. If I can find an archive of that deal, I will edit it into this post for you.

Edit: I can't seem to find an archive of the deal, but here's a thread about it https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/243677-warframe-humble-bundle-e3-promo-affinity-boosters-slot/

I can vouch for this. I have it as well.

Been thinking about going back to the Mk-1 or the regular braton. Braton prime is getting a little old.

OT, hell. YEAH the Burston Prime is high tier. I've proudly 8-jiggy'd the thing and it's my go-to weapon for extremely high level playing.

Edited by -Revan-

High tier? Sure.

I hate how discussions like these turn out. "It's just how you use it." Da fuk? That's the whole point of the tier list. Comparing each weapon/character/class, comparing them at their most optimal use and ranking them. If you favorite thing is lacking something that is necessary for optimal use then that's it. It's not high tier. Period.