The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Wish For A Content Fixing Update In The New Year

Separius

Imaginary update notes: (Feel free to add your own wishes)

Changes:

• Sayrn's Venom is now renamed to Contagion and her Contagion is renamed to Venom.
  • Rhino's Iron Skin now remembers 5/10/15/20% of the damage dealt to him during the 5 seconds before activation and is added to the ability's base health upon use. This effect doesn't stack.
  • Excalibur's Surging Dash Augment Mod is now baseline.
  • Ember's Fire Fright Augment Mod is now baseline.
  • Tranquilizing Burn Augment Mod for Ember added. It removes the panic effect from Fire Blast.
  • Pacifying Bolts augment for Nyx is now baseline. Psychic Bolts now also only cost 25 energy.
  • Trinity's Well of Life now erupts a fountain of pulsating healing energy at the target area, healing allies and knocking down enemies around it for a period of time.
  • Frost's Ice Wave Impedance is now baseline.
  • The duration of Mirage's Sleight of Hand now increased by 50% each rank and leaves pickups intact, and reduces their effect by 50% instead.
  • Underused warframe mods (all related to stamina, elemental resistances, maglev, handspring, tranquilizing burn etc. Stuff what nobody really should waste a mod slot and drain on) are now being buffed to be more cost-efficient and useful.
  • Status chance increasing mods for primaries, secondaries and melee have their drain and conclave reduced.
  • Rakta Ballistica now feels as powerful as the other syndicate weapons.
Archwing changes:
  • Hellion Dargyn and Ogma missile launches now cause both a non-annoying but noticable auditory and visual alert, to warn the Tenno of the danger looming over them, so they can now react properly with missile-prevention tools already given to them.
  • A fully charged Velocitus will fire hitscan projectiles from now on.
UI changes:
  • Setting audio and graphics options at the login screen is now possible. You can now view the Tutorial video in your PC's native or your desired resolution.
  • Fusing or selling a mod now causes the mod manager UI to refresh, so the duplicates page is not a complete mess anymore.

• The inventory now shows it's items in four rows instead of two.
  • Planet nav segments are now hidden.
Quest changes:
  • When you finish part of a quest, you'll be notified if you have to visit the codex to press Begin to continue said quest.
  • The Kubrow quest makes the breeding process more clear.
  • The Ascaris's blueprint now disappears from your inventory upon completing Vor's Prize.
Fixes:
  • A newly implemented port availability check now prevents users with bad router configurations / routers lacking proper uPnP from being hosts.
  • Fixed a lot of crashes, disconnects.
  • Fixed a lot of UI bugs.
  • Fixed a lot of other bugs.
Edited by Separius

Imaginary update notes: (Feel free to add your own wishes)

Changes:

• Sayrn's Venom is now renamed to Contagion and her Contagion is renamed to Venom.
  • Rhino's Iron Skin now remembers 5/10/15/20% of the damage dealt to him during the 5 seconds before activation and is added to the ability's base health upon use. This effect doesn't stack.
  • Excalibur's Surging Dash Augment Mod is now baseline.
  • Ember's Fire Fright Augment Mod is now baseline.
  • Tranquilizing Burn Augment Mod for Ember added. It removes the panic effect from Fire Blast.
  • Pacifying Bolts augment for Nyx is now baseline. Psychic Bolts now cost 25 energy only.
  • Trinity's Well of Life now erupts a fountain of pulsating healing energy at the target area, healing allies and knocking down enemies around it for a period of time.
  • Frost's Ice Wave Impedance is now baseline.
  • The duration of Mirage's Sleight of Hand now increased by 50% each rank and leaves pickups intact, and reduces their effect by 50% instead.
  • Underused warframe mods (all related to stamina, elemental resistances, maglev, handspring, tranquilizing burn etc. Stuff what nobody really wants to waste a mod slot and drain for.) are now removed from the game.
  • Status chance increasing mods for primaries, secondaries and melee have their drain and conclave reduced.

Archwing changes:

• Hellion Dargyn and Ogma missile launches now cause both a non-annoying but noticable auditory and visual alert, to warn the Tenno of the danger looming over them, so they can now react properly with missile-prevention tools already given to them.
  • A fully charged Velocitus will fire hitscan projectiles from now on.

UI changes:

• Setting audio and graphics options at the login screen is now possible. You can now view the Tutorial video in your PC's native or your desired resolution.
  • Fusing or selling a mod now causes the mod manager UI to refresh, so the duplicates page is not a complete mess anymore.

Quest changes:

• When you finish part of a quest, you'll be notified if you have to visit the codex to press Begin to continue said quest.
  • The Kubrow quest makes the breeding process more clear.
  • The Ascaris's blueprint now disappears from your inventory upon completing Vor's Prize.

Fixes:

• A newly implemented port availability check now prevents users with bad router configurations / routers lacking proper uPnP from being hosts.
  • Fixed a lot of crashes, disconnects.
  • Fixed a lot of UI bugs.
  • Fixed a lot of other bugs.

Keep the underused mods, i bet there's at least a few people in the world who uses them. And even they don't much use you can still use them, like using them to rank up a mod or sell them etc

• Kubrow health and loyality swapped. Now kubrow looses health if it died on a mission an loyalty if it wasn't petted daily.

• Stamina completey removed from the game.

I would definitely use kubrows if they did this, dude, you came up with the perfect solution, i wish so much this was the actual system.

Keep the underused mods, i bet there's at least a few people in the world who uses them. And even they don't much use you can still use them, like using them to rank up a mod or sell them etc

If a mod's best selling point, even according to you, is that it's a vendor trash / garbage tier fusion core, then it's a bad mod and should be removed.

Also I don't feel sorry for the few dozen people who will be forced to use more efficient mods.

Sure, some mods like Heavy Impact have their niche uses, for example on zephyr, but even then it's only good for a solo / non serious mission among friends to goof around... But still, most of the unpopular mods are crap and should be gone.

Edited by Separius

Changes:

• Underused warframe mods (all related to stamina, elemental resistances, maglev, handspring, tranquilizing burn etc. Stuff what nobody really wants to waste a mod slot and drain for.) are now removed from the game.

UI changes:

Covering each bullet point that isn't removed:

Changes:

• Doing this would make the iron skin ability less than useful to the point where it'd only be used once per life instead of being used multiple times. No.
  • Removes panic effect? Are you out of your mind? Doing that would more likely require a modification of the fire effects than simply removing the panic effect. No.
  • This actually is a nice idea to implement. I wouldn't mind seeing this one. Yes.
  • 50% faster each rank is way too high. Lower this to maybe 5-10% and maybe. As for the balance of the pickups, I'd lower that effect to 10-15%.
  • People like myself actually use the underrated mods for various purposes, such as lack of better mods or even varied playstyles. Not everyone wants to play with the best equipment. What is this, BF4 where we only use AEKs and the like? No, and even then, people still use various other weapons, but they aren't as popular. So... no.
  • If this is dropped by 1-2 drain and 5-10 conclave per rank, maybe. Otherwise no.

UI changes:

• This is a perfect idea, and allows for people to set things up before they start playing Warframe. On top of this, it allows people to understand how to play before actually logging in (especially if the user hasn't played for months and forgot how to play or something due to how much the game has changed). Yes.
  • If this is zoomed out, okay. Otherwise, leave it the way it is. No.
  • Make them something you can sell, not hidden.

• Kubrow health and loyality swapped. Now kubrow looses health if it died on a mission an loyalty if it wasn't petted daily.

• Stamina completey removed from the game.

• Not necessarily a bad idea, but in terms of immersion, I think it's fine as it is. Maybe.
  • I can understand the reasoning behind this, as stamina is.. somewhat useful and somewhat useless. It's more of an action limiter for parkour than anything. Immersion-wise, keep it (MAYBE buff it). In terms of core gameplay, get rid of it.

-charge attacks are reintroduced

NO.

Also velocious does not need a hitscan attack. T.T It doesn't.

Other than that great thread.

" Banshee's Sonar now travels with her, and is 2x bigger" (Ya i know learn to aim, but it would increase her popularity with pugs)

Doing this would make the iron skin ability less than useful to the point where it'd only be used once per life instead of being used multiple times. No.

What are you even on about? How's introducing scaling to the ability going to make it less useful? I don't even.

Removes panic effect? Are you out of your mind? Doing that would more likely require a modification of the fire effects than simply removing the panic effect. No.

It doesn't even have a panic effect on it without the augment mod. I was taking the &!$$ out of the situation with that line. Woosh. 

People like myself actually use the underrated mods for various purposes, such as lack of better mods or even varied playstyles. Not everyone wants to play with the best equipment. What is this, BF4 where we only use AEKs and the like? No, and even then, people still use various other weapons, but they aren't as popular. So... no.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that you and the other 2 dozen edgy members of the Intruder Mod Fan Club will find some other mods to (gimp your warframes with) have fun with.

Edited by Separius

Hyper jumping maybe. Coptering had been adopted as a core principle of the game it's petty useless to keep beating that horse. Horses don't become zombies.

Coptering is and always will be a terrible "mechanic" (exploit). Having to rely on your melee weapon on your main source of transpotation shouldn't be a thing, you should rely on your Warframe and your movement skills in order to get around. Hopefully parkour will be viable when it gets reworked in the new year. The only reason coptering is still in the game is because the community threw a massive S#&$ fit when it was removed a while back. I just want coptering to be replaced with non-melee related movement.

In regards to mod changes, I'd really like to see some adjustments made to auras overall. 

- Adding auras for things like stat boost auras (strength, range, efficiency, etc.). These boosts would of course be very small because they'd be stacking with the stat mods already equipped to your Warframe, but regardless I think they'd get some use, which is a lot compared to many of the auras currently out there.

- Adding very slow passive energy and health regeneration to all Warframes, and then slightly nerf Energy Siphon and Rejuvenation, in order to make Energy Siphon and Rejuvenation feel less 'necessary.' Slander, I know, but hear me out. This is coming from somebody who uses energy siphon on almost every single frame I own. I know not everybody uses them, let alone thinks their useful or effective to begin with, but given how popular these mods are, I'd like to balance the playing field a bit and give other auras a try without compromising on my playstyle that is so energy hungry. I can already feel your flames, but just know I don't think they are overpowered, and I want these changes out of pure love for their mechanics.

- Shield related auras that boost allied shields and/or shield regeneration rates. We have these for health, why not shields?

- I think it's time DE seriously considers retiring the ammo scavenger auras. Their too specific, situational, and underpowered to be useful, and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. Instead, how about replacing them with weapon mods that enhance their mechanics, such as rite rate, ammo regeneration, reload speed, etc?

- There are many ideas for enemy related auras I've seen that have gone largely unnoticed. Some of these ideas include: increasing weak spot surface area, reducing enemy accuracy, increasing non-combat animations such as reload times, impairing enemy hearing range, and so on.

All I'm trying to get at is there is a lot of unexplored potential in the area of aura mods, and a lot of underwhelming mods already in the system, and there is a lot that could be done to address both of these issues and introduce some interesting new content at the same time.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Changes:

Quest changes:

No, Red Veil is weak and they should feel weak.

Yes, yes, yes, all of the yes! Why is that thing still in my inventory?

Why is that thing still in my inventory?

Either due to oversight, other stuff enjoyed higher priority, lazyness or they just don't give a damn. The 1st two reasons are unlikely, because it's been there for a while, and is pretty apparent and a little annoying. Hard to miss. Also revamp to the inventory's UI has happened since the Ascaris was added.

The rest of the reasons are not forgivable.

Mobility Update!

-Big List of Parkour Changes

-Edge Detection re-worked.  No more silly climing a rock that's 3 inches in height on the Ice Tileset.

-Reverted Stamina back to it's oid functionality.  

-Coptering decreased across the board.  Who needs coptoring when you have insanely cool fun hyper swift speedy actually coded properly parkour!