Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Starfighter Name & Design

exaCel

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I have always loved the designs for the Corpus. When the ship models and environments were updated several months ago I was pretty excited. My favourite background from the Liset's viewport is of Jupiter with the massive Corpus ship flying by in the foreground.

In that same background I always noticed smaller ships flying by. You can barely see them if you're not looking for them, but they're definitely of Corpus design. I always assumed they were some kind of fighter or freight vessel since they look nothing like Ospreys. At first I thought they were Gox units, but they're much larger.

It wasn't until recently when I ran a Corpus Sabotage that I came across the docking bay tile. The moment you enter the tile an animation kicks in showing some fighters dropping from massive clamps. Upon closer inspection I realized that these were the fighters I was seeing near Jupiter:

pYYKEMb.jpg

k8Xv2L3.jpg

cE7pg12.jpg

Thought this was an interesting find. I would definitely like to learn more about these fighters, and/or what kind of Corpus ship we're flying through. It reminds me very much of Imperial Star Destroyers or the Death Star II from Star Wars.

The name of the ship we fly through in Archwing missions is Obelisk. It's unclear if that's a name or a class though, as the same name can be seen on crashed ships on Europa.

I am starting to believe it is the name of the ship itself. Every Corpus Archwing mission we do, the skybox never changes.

Now this is just speculation: What if when we run Corpus Archwing it is happening in the past and the Corpus Ice Planet is happening in the present? Judging by how big Corpus Archwing missions are, the Obelisk would be at least twice as big as a Balor Formorian if not bigger.

I am starting to believe it is the name of the ship itself. Every Corpus Archwing mission we do, the skybox never changes.

Now this is just speculation: What if when we run Corpus Archwing it is happening in the past and the Corpus Ice Planet is happening in the present? Judging by how big Corpus Archwing missions are, the Obelisk would be at least twice as big as a Balor Formorian if not bigger.

Don't bring logic into this! DE will avoid doing anything for a week now.

I had to see this thing myself. I think it isn't a fighter, because there is an airlock at the back. Confirmed, there are windows on the side, and you can even get inside the airlock, but not in the ship. It would make sense, because there is already one that transport cargo. Odd design, though.

The ones in the first picture look like an electronic part on a circuit board.

Edited by Mikovsky

I had to see this thing myself. I think it isn't a fighter, because there is an airlock at the back. Confirmed, there are windows on the side, and you can even get inside the airlock, but not in the ship. It would make sense, because there is already one that transport cargo. Odd design, though.

It could be a manned fighter, too. I would assume that the Corpus have at least a few ships that require pilots (that aren't their freighters or capital ships). With something that size one could assume it's long-range or multi-purpose.