Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Limbo Drop The Payload After Using His Second Ability?

Raidakk

This makes no sense to me. He can still carry his weapons, but he can not carry the payload. What is the point of that ability anyway then? It could only be useful in survival missions to regenerate the shields, but it is still bad compared to Loki's invisibility, since you can not pick anything up during the ability. Limbo is such a dodgy warframe...

I can understand Payloads not being grabable as things that make contact with Limbo are not drawn into the rift with him. Consider enemies you bump into while riftwalking.

The bigger issue to me is why can't we loot items that are enveloped within Cataclysm... The items are clearly within the rift plane, so why the hell can't I pick them up? It's an illogical change that only makes Limbo aggravating to play with.

Edited by IlluminaZero

I can understand Payloads not being grabable as things that make contact with Limbo are not drawn into the rift with him. Consider enemies you bump into while riftwalking.

According to this logic he should also drop all his weapons.

We should forget about the whole "It's not within the rift so I can't touch it" argument.

If bullets phase through Limbo while he's in the rift, then he should also phase through the entire planet, cause it's not within the rift.

Game mechanics have their own logic, and that logic says: Not being able to hold datamass while in the rift is unnecessary and inconvenient.

It is similar to Loki's invisibility and Valkyr's hysteria in a way that you don't take any damage. But those two can fight back, and Limbo can't. Useless ability.

Good job staying on-topic.

Edited by VentiGlondi

Lol I am trying to stay on topic. If you read the post carefully, it talks about how you are not allowed to hold datamass and also about the ability in general. I think that whatever you carry with you should stay with you.

I get that it might be possible to grab the datamass, rift walk, run to the terminal, exit the rift, upload, rift walk, and run to extraction. However, if that's the reasoning, why can't we pick up mods if a Limbo casts cataclysm over them? The mods are in the rift. We are in the rift. What's the problem.

And if a Limbo has the datamass and casts cataclysm, the whole team has to wait to proceed.

It think there should be some other method for balancing Limbos rift powers. The concept has potential, and there are cases where he really shines. But it's the little annoyances, like what the OP is discussing, that keep him from really reaching his potential.

Edited by MisterUltimate

DE intentionally made him drop the datamass on purpose to prevent a glitch where it would become stuck in the rift forever and the mission would be impossible to complete. This was mentioned in patchnotes.

Well that is a lame way of fixing the glitch.

They had to disable that because stuff you picked up tended to get stuck in limbo. That sounds so wrong. But yeah, dropping items while the effect was active caused it to be literally stuck. You couldn't pick it up. At all. 

What, so it was basically like a band-aid instead of an actual fix? Huh, it's almost as if that's become a running theme.

What, so it was basically like a band-aid instead of an actual fix? Huh, it's almost as if that's become a running theme.

Looks like it. And I just found out that Warframe is now also partly owned by Sumpo food and perfect world. I am worried now.