Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Want The Affinity Not The Items

rechot

this is in frequently asked questions directly copy and pasted

Will you ever make exclusive founders items accessible again?

We have no active plans to re-release any of the exclusive founders gear. 

My question is can we at least have the affinity for the weapons that i know we will never ever get. Quick edit note im MR18 looking trying to get as much affinity as possible also this wouldnt have to be just given out it could be given at MR5

also i thought i might need this

Flame_Warrior.png

Edited by rechot

The affinity for said items is ALSO part of the Founders packs and as such will never be available

You got a source on that one? Cause I'm looking at a screendump of the founder webpage and it's just got the landmark, the badges, the items, etc. Mentions nothing about the Mastery.

You got a source on that one? Cause I'm looking at a screendump of the founder webpage and it's just got the landmark, the badges, the items, etc. Mentions nothing about the Mastery.

And it also doesn't specify that the mastery tied to the items isn't inherently separate from the items. Use your commonsense man, what items in the game that have mastery associated with them have been separated with that mastery to date? None. So until such a time that DE comes out and says or does something that indicates "items and their mastery are not necessarily intertwined" then conventional wisdom would say they are.

And it also doesn't specify that the mastery tied to the items isn't inherently separate from the items. Use your commonsense man, what items in the game that have mastery associated with them have been separated with that mastery to date? None. So until such a time that DE comes out and says or does something that indicates "items and their mastery are not necessarily intertwined" then conventional wisdom would say they are.

I asked partially because the last time I saw this topic, people ended up wondering if a theoretical Aklato Prime would be fair game or not. Some argued that it would be because it would be a different item, whereas others argued that it wouldn't because the Lato Prime was exclusive and by extension everything surrounding the Lato Prime was exclusive as well.

It made for interesting reading if nothing else.

I asked partially because the last time I saw this topic, people ended up wondering if a theoretical Aklato Prime would be fair game or not. Some argued that it would be because it would be a different item, whereas others argued that it wouldn't because the Lato Prime was exclusive and by extension everything surrounding the Lato Prime was exclusive as well.

I'm doing my best not to derail your thread, so please forgive me for going a bit off-topic, but I've seen many threads about that topic (and I wouldn't be surprised if we're thinking of the same megathread) and the general consensus DE came out with in regards to the concept of an aklato prime and a dual skana prime was that, while they had every right as a company to release such items, they felt that no matter how they would go about it, it would look like shady business practices on their part and that's what prevented them from doing so.

Doing something like what you're asking for in the op would likely have the same connotation of shady-ness. That's not something DE wants to be known for.

Edited by DJ_Redwire