Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scammers, For Lack Of A Better Word

IANOBW

Was is a group only half an hour ago, we were doing the infested Alad V mission. We weren't friends, but we put faith in eachother.

But we had that one guy. You know the one. He's quiet, doesn't contribute his key until 3 keys in. Then he leaves on the 4th key. Yeah. F*** that guy.

We want a reputation system, DE. Infact, we deserve one. This kind of S#&$ goes on all the time, and scammers like the guy in Infested Alad V assassinations just get away with it. Don't make me give up on this game just because one quarter of the community are A******s and get away with it.

Uhm the DE does not promote promises. (from trade chat) you need to check to make sure he has a key.  Even then he has no right to say. Sorry to say but you have to trust other people for a keyshare.(i wouldn't trust)

Edited by Feallike

That's why you let PUGs use their keys before you ;p and key check.

To be fair, I've been in key sharing parties before when the person in question does in fact have a key, but they intentionally leave before using it. That allows them to get into other key sharing groups and repeat the process. There is no way to safeguard this on our end. DE has to make a change somewhere.

Uhm the DE does not promote promises. (from trade chat) you need to check to make sure he has a key. 

Even if he has one (and we checked), he can still leave.

We can't stop him. We should be able to punish this with a rep system.

At one point they were working on a reputation system, you sometimes see the panel for it pop up at extraction on a match with enough lag (don't know whether they fixed it). But I believe they abandoned work on it after people in the community said it was open to abuse, it is unknown whether they will continue work with it or that they will come up with something else.

Normally to prevent this, I just run with clan members, that way either you'll get the proper key share or you'll know who it is that scammed you and can contact them for a reason why they dropped out, sometimes it is something as innocent as their game client or internet crashed.

Edited by NovusNova

You can always force them into showing their keys before you start but that still doesn't garantee they won't leech, it's something you have to deal with, DE can't take action because they, not even you can know for sure if he intentionally leeched or had a real life problem.

Even if he has one (and we checked), he can still leave.

We can't stop him. We should be able to punish this with a rep system.

Why? you got what you wanted you could had done the key solo. :/ He gained but you lost nothing idk why your mad at all. Its basically like 4 people bring a cake, you each eat your own cake but the 4th person takes his cake home. You get mad because he didn't eat his cake with you.

Key matchmaking needs to happen.

Everyone contributes keys, keys stay until the critieria fulfilled or 3 days expire.

Voting: if 3 players vote that keyshare was completed the unused keys return.

Not perfect but would solve many problems.

Why? you got what you wanted you could had done the key solo. :/ He gained but you lost nothing idk why your mad at all. Its basically like 4 people bring a cake, you each eat your own cake but the 4th person takes his cake home. You get mad because he didn't eat his cake with you.

That is a bad comparison. We missed out on a part, he used our keys, didn't share his. He'll probably continue to do so until he has all the pieces he wants without contributing any work. It's technically theft.

Edited by IANOBW

Demand keyproof, is current trend all the cool kids are doing, and ends well.

But isnt the real problem, the fact that keys of all kinds are very hard to get?

DE is also to blame, not only we are grinding the RNG of such mission, but we are also grinding to get any key, AKA the grind walls.

By this I mean: blame the game, not the players.

But I also do understand those ppl have no shame or decency.

Edited by 7grims

That is a bad comparison. We missed out on a part, he used our keys, didn't share his. He'll probably continue to do so until he has all the pieces he wants. It's technically theft.

Again you lost nothing. you got the pieces you wanted to. It can't be theft if you didn't lose anything. All you lost was the "opportunity" to get a part you needed.

Edit: according to you guys, its saying that i joined a T4D that someone else was hosting and afterwards didn't use my T4D so that we could have another chance on that prime part we didn't get. No one complains about this but that's the exact same thing your complaining about. no one complains about this though. I am not oppose to these ideas but i think complaining about them is not worth anyones time since their is nothing to complain about.

Edited by Feallike

Again you lost nothing. you got the pieces you wanted to. It can't be theft if you didn't lose anything. All you lost was the "opportunity" to get a part you needed.

And he will continue to rip people off.

I can't make it clearer.

I can't make it clearer.

he lied to you, he'll lie to others, that's it. he's not ripping anybody off.

since keysharing is strictly a community driven tactic, there are is no official recourse for people who don't follow the "rules" as laid down by the group.

personally, i'd direct your ire at DE for designing such a resource restricted system for attaining the new warframe. ultimately they're the ones to blame. (the same can be said for sabotage keys and the alterations to drops to reduce key access)

I can't make it clearer.

That's not your problem? They don't lose anything either. Again i don't see a problem. I am not saying that i am opposed to your ideas i just don't understand the need for them.

That's not your problem? They don't lose anything either. Again i don't see a problem. I am not saying that i am opposed to your ideas i just don't understand the need for them.

Actually, me and two other people do lose out. The point of the keyshare is to share keys. If one person doesn't do it, we lose out on a part. That person who didn't contribute will likely do this again to another group. S#&$ like this kills communities.

It's not an ok thing to do. I seriously can't understand why you would be ok with this if you were in our shoes.

he lied to you, he'll lie to others, that's it. he's not ripping anybody off.

since keysharing is strictly a community driven tactic, there are is no official recourse for people who don't follow the "rules" as laid down by the group.

personally, i'd direct your ire at DE for designing such a resource restricted system for attaining the new warframe. ultimately they're the ones to blame. (the same can be said for sabotage keys and the alterations to drops to reduce key access)

DE aren't going to change the grind. It's out of question.

Should I just give up on the community then? I'm close to it at this point.

Edited by IANOBW

Almost all the keyshares I've done have been very positive (everyone using their key even after we get the part we were all looking for) but only if you filter out the people who don't have the key and try to BS you about it.

When you spot one who tries to BS you or leaves with their key just put them on ignore so you don't have to bother with them again.  I don't feel enough people scam like that to impact keysharing and general goodwill between players.

I agree. OP doesn't lose anything he might have gotten had he not been "scammed" either. No one is at loss here.

Edit: To clarify, I mean if OP had not been "scammed", he still would have 1 key of his own, and would still use it. Keyshare or not, his 1 key is still his to use.

Edited by haolee510

I agree. OP doesn't lose anything he might have gotten had he not been "scammed" either. No one is at loss here.

Edit: To clarify, I mean if OP had not been "scammed", he still would have 1 key of his own, and would still use it. Keyshare or not, his 1 key is still his to use.

I along with 2 ohers used their keys. We played 3 missions. The 4th guy bummed out once we used our keys. He got to keep his. We didn't. He gets full benefit of getting 3 parts (in our case, 2 helms and one chassis) and getting to keep his key.

Just letting you know incase you didnt understand.

Keyshares outside of clans are something that you can't complain about.

I laugh when I see posts in recruiting for keyshares. Do you want help or not?

You didn't have a group.

You needed a group.

You got a group.

Did you fail any of the missions? Did he afk?? Did he help???

Thought so.

I along with 2 ohers used their keys. We played 3 missions. The 4th guy bummed out once we used our keys. He got to keep his. We didn't. He gets full benefit of getting 3 parts (in our case, 2 helms and one chassis) and getting to keep his key.

Just letting you know incase you didnt understand.

I understand perfectly. All you lose is a "chance" at a 4th key. But it's something you would not have if you hadn't invited the scammer to the keyshare either. He's definitely a scumbag for doing this, but what I'm saying is you're not really at loss here.

DE aren't going to change the grind. It's out of question.

Should I just give up on the community then? I'm close to it at this point.

they might, after a few months when sales fall off. until then, no. they probably won't.

i wouldn't "give up" but i would certainly modify your expectations. personally, i don't expect anything out of anybody. i offer what i offer, i live up to my promises and expect other humans won't. sometimes i'm pleasantly surprised. most of the time i'm not.