Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt's Blast Effect?

ToolboxMotley

Question

I've seen a number of people ask this question, but every answer seems to assume the question is something other than what it is, so I'll try to ask this as precisely as possible.

The Thunderbolt mod, when maxed, gives each arrow a 30% chance of triggering a 10m AoE blast, doing 250 Blast damage in that area. The chance for the mod triggering cannot be increased, nor can the range or damage. These facts, I understand. What I want to know: Is the blast capable of triggering the actual Blast status effect, and if so, does it have a specific chance to do so BEYOND the basic chance of the arrow exploding in the first place?

8 answers to this question

Heh... No, I'm not wondering if Status Chance mods can affect Thunderbolt's Blast status chance. I'm wondering if there IS a status chance to begin with, and what that chance is if so. Thanks for the answer so far, would like to hear more accounts for some certainty.

Heh... No, I'm not wondering if Status Chance mods can affect Thunderbolt's Blast status chance. I'm wondering if there IS a status chance to begin with, and what that chance is if so. Thanks for the answer so far, would like to hear more accounts for some certainty.

If you are referring to the knock down chance, then yes, 30% not including Split Chamber(or HoM).

Edit: When in doubt, C4... Also, typo.

Edited by DCypherThis13

I believe it's straight up blast damage, and you can only get a proc if you have blast damage (i.e. you have hellfire and cryo rounds on it) modded onto your weapon, but don't take my word for it

As far as i recall, it does blast damage that has 0% status chance. You will only get a knockdown effect by modding for blast damage on the Attica and getting that to proc - this is independent of the thunderbolt mod.

Hm, that makes it sound a bit unreliable for crowd control, then. :( Blast it all.

(Heehee pun.)

Edited by ToolboxMotley