Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Multishot Mod

Holeypaladin

So, most people probably realize that melee is a bit underpowered when it comes to dealing with endgame content.

Most of the mods are just as powerful as rifle mods (although pressure point needs to be extended to ten ranks).  The real difference is that rifles have Split Chamber, which adds 90% multishot.

The obvious solution is to add a melee mod that adds melee multishot.  Essentially tenno are so ninja-like that they can slice twice with one swing with this mod equipped.

Blade mastery mod: Adds 15/30/45/60/75/90% multishot to melee attacks.

That should fix the endgame scaling problems with melee.  Especially if pressure point is fixed.

Underpowered?

We have an ultimate CC Jat Kittag

A ripping scindo prime, dakra prime, Dragon Nikana

tbh you can bring a lot of melee's into late game and you'll most likely deal more DPS than weapons IIRC, it's just more risky.

Edited by SgtFlex

Thanks, but I'd rather not be locked into yet another DPS mod for maximum effectiveness. The real difference is that firearms can deal damage over larger (safer) distances more quickly, and take reliable advantage of headshots in most cases. Simply adding melee multishot is not going to bring melee combat up to par with firearms in that respect. 

I'd rather DE focused on separating the two combat styles even further instead of trying to turn them into purely aesthetic differences. 

A melee punch-through mod so that I can slice through a pillar to hit someone on the other side, or ignore a shield-lancer's defenses, on the other hand... that is something I'd use. 

Please, before we continue with this thought, how do we shoot something like a Dakra Prime?

I disagree with multishot on melee weapons. While more damage would be nice to add on, channeling effects are a unique alternative for those looking for melee mode damage. 

My Orthos Prime rips up anything unlucky enough to get in the way of my blender-like Orthos. I have no idea what you're talking about, not good enough in late game. And this is without Channeling (because I NEVER Channel). As for multi-shot... highly illogical. I always saw Multishot as a bullet getting split in half before exiting the chamber, but keeping all its damage and everything. How would you LOGICALLY theorise multiswing (because multishot doesn't seem right in this discussion).

Please, before we continue with this thought, how do we shoot something like a Dakra Prime?

There was a concept of "Shadow Strike" where a 'shadow' of the weapon would form on striking. 

Doesn't need to make sense, but that makes enough sense for me.

I do not think melee weapons *need* this though.

A melee punch-through mod so that I can slice through a pillar to hit someone on the other side, or ignore a shield-lancer's defenses, on the other hand... that is something I'd use. 

Melee weapons have punch-through already and you CAN attack enemies through cover. Although while enemy blocks, they are immune to ANY kind of direct damage.

Shadow strike or multistrike or whatever... because swords in warframe can deflect bullets, which makes even less sense.

Their melee abilities pretty much follow anime logic... deflect bullets, strike two times with one stroke, whatever, it's a ninja game.

The fact that my scindo prime can't kill a corrupted bombard nearly as quickly as my soma prime does indicates that guns still do a lot more damage.  And mathematically it's all part of that multishot.

Shadow strike or multistrike or whatever... because swords in warframe can deflect bullets, which makes even less sense.

Their melee abilities pretty much follow anime logic... deflect bullets, strike two times with one stroke, whatever, it's a ninja game.

The fact that my scindo prime can't kill a corrupted bombard nearly as quickly as my soma prime does indicates that guns still do a lot more damage.  And mathematically it's all part of that multishot.

Solution: Try a better Mod setup.

Edited by PickleMonster21

And this is why we have heavy units, to not be killed by easy ways.

Use radiation on your scindo prime and let's see if the bombard will stay alive that long.

And other thing about guns and blades, is the number of forma you can use on both to be usefull. I rarely see a melee that need forma (maybe if you don't use any event mod for elemental status, only the 11 points normal mods). And don't forget Stances. Some stances (like the Galatine and Dakra Prime ones) have damage multipliers.

Its stupid to bring logic into a video game discussion, ultimately the goal should be to make the weapons fun to use for different reasons, with this being a game and all.

Melee is already effective in a different way than guns. Guns shoot things, that's it. Melee is very flashy with stances, theres a combo meter to rack up damage, different combos have different effects to change your tactics on the fly, close range combat is a different kind of thrill, than gunplay, etc.

It does suck that I cant fight level 70+ enemies with Venkas because if i dont kill them in one hit they oneshot me. However, id rather see changes in game mechanics that benefit the game as a whole than adding another bland damage mod to a weapon group.

On the other hand, i dont fight level 70 enemies anyway because they oneshot me anyway, regardless of what I use, so if adding yet another generic damage mod makes you guys happy, i guess it wont hurt.

Edited by DarkTails

Melee weapons have punch-through already and you CAN attack enemies through cover. Although while enemy blocks, they are immune to ANY kind of direct damage.

Coulda fooled me. Last I checked you needed at least partial line of sight on a target to strike them through a solid wall or something similar. I'd still like to see a mod that lets me slice through lancer shields (and similar enemy types added across the various factions. Not necessarily with knockdown CC attacks, but with some sort of front-facing resistance or immunity.) 

Coulda fooled me. Last I checked you needed at least partial line of sight on a target to strike them through a solid wall or something similar. I'd still like to see a mod that lets me slice through lancer shields (and similar enemy types added across the various factions. Not necessarily with knockdown CC attacks, but with some sort of front-facing resistance or immunity.) 

Some blades, like Orthos and Scindo, reach the guys on the other SIDE of the walls, not exactly THROUGH walls. You don't cut the wall until reach the guys, you simple cut where your blade reach, and sometimes it's through walls, just like when you attack through closed doors.

There are frames less suited for melee. I can't imagine focusing on it as Mag or Vauban but melee Ash... Feel the power. Since I've started using blade more often than gun I enjoy WF much more. I have to finally test it on longer than 40 mins surv but results are promising so far.

What would help is if the combo multiplier actually scaled up faster. This would keep from having to add in yet another mod. Just increase the combo multiplier scaling speed and the time between enemies before it drops off.

Melee is actually a beginners most powerfull weapon, since there limited to what mods they have, true late game t4 Melee dies out, but we dont exactly balance to fight lv80 heavies.

The problem is, melee is viable up to n+1 level, thanks to combos and staggers but in pretty much every other games, enemies don't attack you while you bludgeon one of their friends, in this game there isn't a mechanic like this.

1v1 is worth it, anything else, not so much.