Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive/glaive P And Its Lack Of Unique Mechanic.

SilverZs

did you notice the press secondary to explode? because i can't remember if original Glaive had it, but im sure as hell Glaive Prime has it and kestrel does not

All of the thrown weapons have that, but Halikar is kind of glitchy with it (because of the homing).

All of the thrown weapons have that, but Halikar is kind of glitchy with it (because of the homing).

A lot of people are trying to view this as giving 'homing' to the Glaive/prime... I'm going to update the OP with the re-designed idea of 'prediction' pathing.

Should be the most universally liked... seeing as it still permits Glaive bombing as well as permitting mass bounce mayhem.

the glaive's(both normal and prime) have innate punch-through. kestrel has its innate knockback. and the mace has its weapon stealing.

No, they don't have ANY innate punchthrough. They even get deflected by Kubrows eartips.

Mechanic-wise, the Glaive is fine as is. Sure, the Kestrel has the ragdoll and stuff like that, but you should probably consider the range on the throws as well. Glaives can reach a whopping 50% further than Kestrels can, making it far better for stealth gameplay (which should hopefully be more important in later updates). Then there's the fact that the Kestrel's base damage type is far less effective against virtually anything that isn't Corpus.

The auto-track-enemy-heads-upon-bounce mechanic (like what Helios' Deconstructor does) should be optional, since making it automatic will make trick shots much less satisfying and will interfere with aiming Channel explosions behind cover. I think it should come in the form of an Augment mod, or perhaps merely a Glaive-exclusive mod that alters its mechanics (similar to how Power Throw introduces an explosion upon the last bounce).

It would definitely give us a reason to use Rebound, anyways, instead of relying on a Quick Return + Power Throw build for mobbing.

Edited by SortaRandom

i prefer glaive/Glaive P have the homing capabilities of halikar(remove homing from halikar) :/

kinda remind me of aftertouch

No thank you. Anyone who uses Glaive often knows that aiming right for the enemy is rarely the best option. If going for Glaive Grenade, aim for the feet to get 3x-4x damage, if going for punch through, aim for the legs. Or the most satisfying (imo)... throw Glaive and purposely miss, then step to the side and watch it go through a huge mob of enemies. 

Having it auto-lock onto one nearby enemy after a bounce on an enemy (no homing, it aims on contact and does not alter path mid-flight) is probalbe the most Glaive-ish option I have seen yest (what the OP said). Oh, but having it pick up loot would be a nice throwback too. 

Mechanic-wise, the Glaive is fine as is. Sure, the Kestrel has the ragdoll and stuff like that, but you should probably consider the range on the throws as well. Glaives can reach a whopping 50% further than Kestrels can, making it far better for stealth gameplay (which should hopefully be more important in later updates). Then there's the fact that the Kestrel's base damage type is far less effective against virtually anything that isn't Corpus.

The auto-track-enemy-heads-upon-bounce mechanic (like what Helios' Deconstructor does) should be optional, since making it automatic will make trick shots much less satisfying and will interfere with aiming Channel explosions behind cover. I think it should come in the form of an Augment mod, or perhaps merely a Glaive-exclusive mod that alters its mechanics (similar to how Power Throw introduces an explosion upon the last bounce).

It would definitely give us a reason to use Rebound, anyways, instead of relying on a Quick Return + Power Throw build for mobbing.

I could go for just an augment (but don't have it be a reward from a syndicates), when building you would just replace the augment with power throw.