Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Banshee And Limbo Are The Best Solo Frames (Suck It, Rhino)

Dogefighter

I recently put another star on my Banshee and ranked it up again -- having spend a lot of time with Nova's Molecular Prime I found Sonar to be frustrating in contrast because it won't hit enemies that enter the radius after it's been cast -- you're penalized for long-duration builds that complement your Silence ability. I feel like I would enjoy it a lot more if it pulsed continuously like MP and painted all enemies in range while the ability is active. In my dreams it moves with the caster like Silence, too.

Go tell this to Scott!

I've proposed this like... i dont even remember... a lot of months ago!

I got it in my rework threads

Banshee is and always has been my main.

People always want Frost so I play him more but Banshee has ALWAYS been my first and last go-to warframe.

I ALSO wish Sonar pulsed but the fact that you can recast it is AWESOME. And Primed Flow FTW!

Edited by Kalenath

I recently put another star on my Banshee and ranked it up again -- having spend a lot of time with Nova's Molecular Prime I found Sonar to be frustrating in contrast because it won't hit enemies that enter the radius after it's been cast -- you're penalized for long-duration builds that complement your Silence ability. I feel like I would enjoy it a lot more if it pulsed continuously like MP and painted all enemies in range while the ability is active. In my dreams it moves with the caster like Silence, too.

You can recast easily and the resonance augment fills that role to some degree.

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but why do we need solo frames in a team based game?

Because PUGs go badly

hmm.. im really not sure why people play solo, i think its boring.

It is boring, but while the non-rushers are complaining about the rushers, and the rushers are complaining about the non-rushers and both are complaining about rhino players, I am not caring because I don't have to deal with either of them.  I have a very few specific people will play with, and if none of them are online, usually I'm going to play on my own, because I don't want to have to deal with rushers and nubs and elitists.

The biggest problem with Limbo which I really wish DE would actually address is his troll potential and lack of team synergy. I'm talking, of course, about the fact you cannot carry key objective items while banished.

I love Limbo, and I'd very much like to play him more often, but his inability to defend objectives like cryopods or excavators without hurting teammates forces me to use Nyx, Loki, or Frost instead.

Well, Mirage is like, made of paper. 

Then again, I solo with Nova....

Guess you've never seen a good Mirage in action then :)

She's a powerhouse but... better, it's better if the common thinking is that it's "not that good" the nerf hammer will stay away :)

I actually disagree with this initial thought of a Sonar rework. Sonar is an ability that is cast once, like a ping from a radar. If it moved around then it would defeat the whole purpose of a 'Sonar' ping.

I also disagree that you're penalized for duration builds, as Resonance works the best with as much duration as possible.

I personally believe that Sonar is perfect the way it is, challenging but rewarding for those skilled enough.

Best way to send Grineer remains back to their mums. Plus, wash the bag out and reuse it!

With that much force on a new recruit with little armour, I fear that there would be no remains to send back. 

I mean, you shot his weak spot. With a sniper. With critical damage. The only legacy he might have left is the flowers growing from the floor thanks to his droplets of blood fertilising the soil.