Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery For Relays......?

pure_bordem

Why are relays mastery locked?  Despite the fact I have logged hundreds of hours, I cannot get to the Trader simply because I hate collecting things.

Yes, I don't collect for the sake of collecting (odd in this community), I choose only what I think is fun and try to absolutely max the living daylights out of it. Excluding people from the Trader simply because they don't collect is absolutely crazy!

We call them mastery fodder because we don't keep them, we delete them afterwards.

...it is not fun to be forced to use a weapon you don't want to use.

This was the reasoning behind why I supported the limiting of use for 'Mastery rank'. It does suck grinding random weapons for invisible points towards a pointless end goal. Let players decide how they want to "Master" this game.

Edited by Archistopheles

you dont have too collect items just level something then delete it from your inventory

its your fault you didnt increase your mastery when its really easy to do

Your missing the point. Why would I waste my time leveling stuff that is pointless to me? I never saw anything about the relays being mastery locked.

...it is not fun to be forced to use a weapon you don't want to use.

This^

MR 8 isn't even higher than what's needed to unlock all the guns. What's the issue?

I have hundreds of hours and am only Mastery 6...when I said I don't collect I really mean I don't collect. I spend my time formaing, ranking up mods, helping clan m8s, syndicates, etc.

Your missing the point. Why would I waste my time leveling stuff that is pointless to me? I never saw anything about the relays being mastery locked.

To unlock other things you want. I'm waiting for them to MR a lot more things behind serious M12 to M16 levels.

thats how the game works thats how alot of games work to give you a 'reason' too level up and get to these higher tier items

pretty much get used to being locked out of things such as these if you do not want to increase your mastery level

they are gonna add a focus system sooner or later that combines your mastery level so i would just go level a weapon or something

becuase they are going to add more and more mastery level requiments in the future

you dont have too collect items just level something then delete it from your inventory

its your fault you didnt increase your mastery when its really easy to do

That's a bit harsh even for me.

The player base could of being a bunch of tools and let all the Relays dies other then the MR8 one, and then a lot more people might of being screaming, as lower rank players would have also had much less change to have the resources to farm Cryotic, build keys, and do the Fomorian missions, something trivial to higher players.

Then again, on the same note, how do newer players have enough gear to sell for Ducats and the credits necessary to buy Primed mods?

To unlock other things you want. I'm waiting for them to MR a lot more things behind serious M12 to M16 levels.

thats how the game works thats how alot of games work to give you a 'reason' too level up and get to these higher tier items

pretty much get used to being locked out of things such as these if you do not want to increase your mastery level

they are gonna add a focus system sooner or later that combines your mastery level so i would just go level a weapon or something

becuase they are going to add more and more mastery level requiments in the future

It is not that I do not want to increase it, but why only go up for pointless items? Obviously the mastery fodder is not making them any money since people just delete stuff. Dedication to playing a game should not be show by being a mindless item monkey.

That's a bit harsh even for me.

The player base could of being a bunch of tools and let all the Relays dies other then the MR8 one, and then a lot more people might of being screaming, as lower rank players would have also had much less change to have the resources to farm Cryotic, build keys, and do the Fomorian missions, something trivial to higher players.

Then again, on the same note, how do newer players have enough gear to sell for Ducats and the credits necessary to buy Primed mods?

most new players dont, it took 900 ducats too get everything from the void trader

and on top of that i had one million credits and that took me down too 700k

Why are relays mastery locked?  Despite the fact I have logged hundreds of hours, I cannot get to the Trader simply because I hate collecting things.

Yes, I don't collect for the sake of collecting (odd in this community), I choose only what I think is fun and try to absolutely max the living daylights out of it. Excluding people from the Trader simply because they don't collect is absolutely crazy!

Unlocking content by playing the game is a standand feature of almost all video games.  If you don't like it maybe video games aren't for you. 

Also you may want to get used to it, because the community has been requesting that mastery rank become more influential in the game, and I am pretty sure DE has listened to that, the addition of mastery affecting daily syndicate caps kind of hints at DE agreeing.  Supposedly focus is supposed to tie into it, though that may or may not be true anymore. 

Besides, if a weapon/frame/sentinel/kubrow is of no interest to you, build it, level it while you are farming something you need and then sell it, problem solved.  

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Unlocking content by playing the game is a standand feature of almost all video games.  If you don't like it maybe video games aren't for you. 

Also you may want to get used to it, because the community has been requesting that mastery rank become more influential in the game, and I am pretty sure DE has listened to that, the addition of mastery affecting daily syndicate caps kind of hints at DE agreeing.  Supposedly focus is supposed to tie into it, though that may or may not be true anymore. 

Besides, if a weapon is of no interest to you, build it, level it while you are farming something you need and then sell it, problem solved.  

I think your missing the part where I do play the game. A lot. I just don't level things that I don't like or want. This is an RPG right? Most every other game your experience points keeps going up for killing things, not for leveling items.

Now if we could get more experience every time we spent a forma, that would be a different story. It  would allow people to level up, while choosing a path that does not involve pointless item acquisition and dumping.

I think that too many things are MR based in this game. Syndicate cap/Number of drones, loadouts/ Access to relays which is mentoned by OP/ Number of trades etc. Basically everything is MR based.
For some unknown for me and insane stupid reason players use it as an indicator which measure other players skill level.

MR was good maybe up to 6 lvl, then you just start collecting completly unnecesary trash to get next MR.

PROGRESS IN GAME CANT BE MEASURED BY HOW MANY GEAR YOU HAVE BUILD.

What is the point of forcing people to do all this unnecesary farming ?
What is the point of building all weapons in game ?

It's not about locking new players to get end-game gear because it is aviable from MR 0.
90 % of community think thats MR means something, but it doesnt.

You would say:

Player with high MR have played all warframes and knows how to use them.

But you know that isnt true.

To master something means be good at something. Current MR is just and indicator how many gear you have crafted, nothing more than that.
Before i make warframe i always look at warframe wikia on its statistics, way the abilities works etc. You can decide if he suits you or not, even build him to check out.

But what is the point of forcing players to use everithing ? What is the difference between soma/ soma prime/ boltor / boltor prime? Does making all those weapons make you more pro than others ? What you master here ability to pull a trigger ?

Warframe is not RPG someone said.

Yes, he was right. 

It's a third person action MMO blacksmith simulator where player progress in game is based on number of crafted gear.
I dont have anything building all those weapons. If you have enough time and you want to waste credits/resources and time on lvl it to 30 lvl and then sell,  go ahead.

But do try to persuade us that is a proper way of achieving progress in game. Maybe for you building all new weapons is fun but some people have their favourite gear. Those players are considered as bad because their MR is below 10. It doesnt matter they have all R10 mods, and spend over 500h on one warframe. Someone who is playing as a new player and focused on building all gear, and do not focus on any particular warframe/weapon can have much higher MR but his skills and lack of knowledge about warframe which he is playing make him way worse player than the first one.

We cant be forced to build more gear.

Just tell me what is the logic of game which forces you to switch to worse gear than you are currently using ?
Have you ever changed your gear to something what is terrible compared to yours gear in any other game than warframe ?

I never did that.

Warframe was the first game which forced me to do that.

Current MR system forces all of us to do it.

There is just no ballance and ther will be any soon. Comparing weapons in warframe is like comparing slingshot to nuclear rocket launcher.
There is a place for slingshot for new player and there is a place for nuclear rocket launcer. All players should be able to progree in game not only those who build new gear. MR 0 B. Prime/ Soma prime, MR4 Paris Prime and MR 6 Opticor and you have acces on this lvl to most powerfull gear now. Just take a look at MR 8 embolist - it is almost the worst secondary in game. very low dmg,terrible ammo economy, very low range. I have over 1000h on steam in warframe and only one time i've seen someone was using this weapon. Is it really worth to build all this gear just to get this weapon ?

Current Mastery Rank system is broken. It just a way to force player to buy more slots for warframes / weapon and potatoes or wasting your time and resources. Mastering means to be good at something. Building more gear will never make player more advanced in any way. Spending most time of particular warframe, understanding how his abilities works, checking mod configuration etc. This will make you good player. You know what you are capable of, how to deal with threats with your abilities in the most efficient and safest way.

What you master in warframe ? Crafting skills ?