Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

CrsoSf2.jpg

Definitely like this fine piece of art much better than Chroma. Flora needs a smooth, natural look to her like she has here. Chroma just looked like some mud monster, and I'd hate to see Flora turn from roses to moss... Someone posted a picture of an anteater and called it Chroma yesterday, and now that's all I see when I see Chroma. Never have I seen a dragon look even closely reminiscent of that.

If this frame was made, I would very much like her to be WAY shorter then all the other frames, because she's to adorable... On a side note, your skills are okay... that is all. I have no opinion on those. SO yeah. Anyways... I really want her to be small. It would be adorable. :P

I puked when seeing Chroma ...

aw haha, i thought chroma had warframe elements just not executed properly XP

lol no joke, chroma looked straight up infested warframe mess heap.  like flora's non "warframe esque" look better :p

well the only warframe that would resemble any similarities currently is mesa, whether that's good or bad.

Definitely like this fine piece of art much better than Chroma. Flora needs a smooth, natural look to her like she has here. Chroma just looked like some mud monster, and I'd hate to see Flora turn from roses to moss... Someone posted a picture of an anteater and called it Chroma yesterday, and now that's all I see when I see Chroma. Never have I seen a dragon look even closely reminiscent of that.

lol well i can see where you're coming from i was aiming for a combination of smooth petals and twisted trees in the newer concept art, though the new art probably wasnt intended to take the place of the old. just a look on a very different version.

If this frame was made, I would very much like her to be WAY shorter then all the other frames, because she's to adorable... On a side note, your skills are okay... that is all. I have no opinion on those. SO yeah. Anyways... I really want her to be small. It would be adorable. :P

could you expand on this more? i'd love to make the abilities better!

This is amazing. Few fan conceps are this well though out and thouroughly designed. Really nice job man!

thank you, more details are coming (i'm working on making the minute details)

W7Sr4pI.jpg

gotta redo that hand XP 

haha well thank you XD

wont lie, I am loving this, I understand what you are talking about tho. In my opinion, one artist to another. your flora design looks very Anime Esq which is amazing by all means and I can see where you are coming from making Flora look more "Warframe Concpet Art" Esq. 

I would be overwhelmingly happy to see the new concept finished and colored ^__^ 

PS. Chroma looked like a Naked Mole Rat made sweet sweet loving to a Aardvark, had a baby, it got obese, and then had liposuction but no skin tuck. it also so happens to be a fire eater...

Edited by (XB1)Clayton Peace

I hope they actually add this. You put a lot of work into the proccess, however the abilities do seem too powerful. Infinite energy and stuns+armor reduction? It's all wonderful, though. You should be on their design team.

Lol allow me to introduce you to Trinity. Infinite energy and much easier access to than Flora's method, 2 stuns, damage reduction and reflection, augments for enemy armor reduction, and an infinite range instant near full recovery. That said, I must respectfully disagree that Flora seems too powerful.

But of course I might die a little inside if DE doesn't adopt the Flora concept.

I hope they actually add this. You put a lot of work into the proccess, however the abilities do seem too powerful. Infinite energy and stuns+armor reduction? It's all wonderful, though. You should be on their design team.

Yes, i've been thinking of ways to make Flora's skills a little more unique an possibly more fun! i feel like armor manipulation is a bit redundant and may make her 3 outclass her 1 which is not ideal, so i'm thinking of something new to do with the armor manipulation on synthesis.

also, after doing some math, i do need to nerf the ratios on her ult's energy restoration, as of right now only 6 enemies need to die before all of the cost of verdance is recovered. Obviously i dont want the skill to be basically able to restore it'self so I am going to nerf it so it will restore a good amount but will only replenish it all if you're heavily modded and get about 10 kills in verdance.

Lol allow me to introduce you to Trinity. Infinite energy and much easier access to than Flora's method, 2 stuns, damage reduction and reflection, augments for enemy armor reduction, and an infinite range instant near full recovery. That said, I must respectfully disagree that Flora seems too powerful.

But of course I might die a little inside if DE doesn't adopt the Flora concept.

Trinity is the ultimate support warframe (and personally i feel she needs a slight nerf) so she does her job well However flora will have a lot more offensive potential, with lot's of debuffs (which is something warframe currently is short on), however she has her defensive capabilities as well.

where these two will differ is when it comes to the enemies being fought. I built flora to be able to handle higher level enemies well and allow her team to actually kill them and take them down unlike trinity who is built to simply outlast the enemies, which is not ideal in every team!

also, after doing some math, i do need to nerf the ratios on her ult's energy restoration, as of right now only 6 enemies need to die before all of the cost of verdance is recovered. Obviously i dont want the skill to be basically able to restore it'self so I am going to nerf it so it will restore a good amount but will only replenish it all if you're heavily modded and get about 10 kills in verdance.

Allowing it to pay itself off in a single unmodded use isn't necessarily a bad thing. Trinity's EV does it plus some. Think of it this way: at low levels it could easily pay itself off plus some. But as the enemies get stronger with more health and armor, Verdance eventually may not be able to feast on a single kill unless your team is very well coordinated. EV easily replenishes a lot of energy, but at high levels Trinity is also using a lot of energy spamming Blessing in clutch situations.

If you feel it still needs a change, maybe rather than changing scaling per se, change the way it works slightly.

Example: Petey grabs enemies and engulfs them (instantly in this case, though not immediately killing them), and while chewing and inflicting poison damage, it converts the health damage done to energy, all of which is released in a burst once Petey dies.

As such: 1% HP = 1 Energy. This way, a single enemy can potentially lead to 100 energy. 3 enemies could lead to 300 energy. But at high levels, a single enemy may only provide at little as 5 energy. But if Petey grabs 10 enemies and they each receive 10% of their health in damage, the team receives 100 energy. Ratios could be improved multiplicitively: 1%+Intensify[30%]== 1%=>1.3 energy. This would keep her scaling late game to some extent as an energy resource, but also make her an effective CC unit and still be equally entertaining. At the end of its duration, Petey wilts, drops any surviving enemies and whatever drops from killed enemies, bursts for energy, and maybe even has a chance to drop health or energy orbs for each enemy killed inside.

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

Allowing it to pay itself off in a single unmodded use isn't necessarily a bad thing. Trinity's EV does it plus some. Think of it this way: at low levels it could easily pay itself off plus some. But as the enemies get stronger with more health and armor, Verdance eventually may not be able to feast on a single kill unless your team is very well coordinated. EV easily replenishes a lot of energy, but at high levels Trinity is also using a lot of energy spamming Blessing in clutch situations.

If you feel it still needs a change, maybe rather than changing scaling per se, change the way it works slightly.

Example: Petey grabs enemies and engulfs them (instantly in this case, though not immediately killing them), and while chewing and inflicting poison damage, it converts the health damage done to energy, all of which is released in a burst once Petey dies.

As such: 1% HP = 1 Energy. This way, a single enemy can potentially lead to 100 energy. 3 enemies could lead to 300 energy. But at high levels, a single enemy may only provide at little as 5 energy. But if Petey grabs 10 enemies and they each receive 10% of their health in damage, the team receives 100 energy. Ratios could be improved multiplicitively: 1%+Intensify[30%]== 1%=>1.3 energy. This would keep her scaling late game to some extent as an energy resource, but also make her an effective CC unit and still be equally entertaining. At the end of its duration, Petey wilts, drops any surviving enemies and whatever drops from killed enemies, bursts for energy, and maybe even has a chance to drop health or energy orbs for each enemy killed inside.

Good point and interesting idea here. I have several ideas for her 4 and 3 possibly. I will post them at a later date with this idea in mind.

Nice concept. Would an enemy hit by the first skill be more prone to be lit on fire via heat damage? (or take additional heat damage).

Could Saryn cast poison on the brambles for added toxic damage?
Could Frost cast Freeze on brambles to add extra ice-spikes? (either piercing or ice damage)

Could Ember set the brambles aflame with fireball, adding heat damage?

Could Volt shock the brambles and use them as a amplifier?
RmysgDf.png

Or - something like that but using the elements on weapons?

Nice concept. Would an enemy hit by the first skill be more prone to be lit on fire via heat damage? (or take additional heat damage).

Could Saryn cast poison on the brambles for added toxic damage?

Could Frost cast Freeze on brambles to add extra ice-spikes? (either piercing or ice damage)

Could Ember set the brambles aflame with fireball, adding heat damage?

Could Volt shock the brambles and use them as a amplifier?

RmysgDf.png

Or - something like that but using the elements on weapons?

thats actually a really neat idea! I was already thinking of having the ult do an elemental damage based on the currently equipped weapon, but this is just awesome!

P.S. I like your art :D

thats actually a really neat idea! I was already thinking of having the ult do an elemental damage based on the currently equipped weapon, but this is just awesome!

P.S. I like your art :D

Glad you liked it :) Embers' addition might be a bit too similar to her 3:rd skill, but could still work. If it's weapon-elementals that alter the brambles it might not need to be as flashy. Couldn't come up with anything really original there.

Thx, worked hard on that piece ;D

Edited by Lactamid

When i saw this i figured i'd check it out and see if it was close to the new frame concept i am making to pair with Apollo, but in the end i really like this design and it wasn't anywhere near what i thought i would be. Looks, great, you have great models and  art, she does seem a little to short but it works.

When i saw this i figured i'd check it out and see if it was close to the new frame concept i am making to pair with Apollo, but in the end i really like this design and it wasn't anywhere near what i thought i would be. Looks, great, you have great models and  art, she does seem a little to short but it works.

i did my best to maintain the plant theme yet give her abilities that didnt seem too over done. 

I took a light look at other plant warframes before making this one and tried to make it not so cliche, and i recently took some intensive looks at other plant warframes and I see these heavy "vine grabs you" theme within them and that's a lot of what they do, yet plants are capable of so much more.

Currently im working on how to make her abilities not feel cliche or overused, but make them fresh, unique and of course, useful.

Wow she's really beautiful!

why thank you ^-^

I love it, we need a shorter female frame like this!! 

If only it would become true ;-;

I too can only hope!

Best case scenario she comes out after Chroma! but i doubt that and i'm sure they already have another warframe lined up next.

plus there's still a chance typhus may be next as we've seen DE can and will gender bend warframes! just look at zephyr! But i can hope!