The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Flora, the guardian of balance, the unstoppable force of nature.

the best offense is a good defense and flora brings exactly that to her allies.

with technocyte spores and pollen turning her enemies into harmless plants or granting her allies the immortal strength of nature.

Flora allows nature to wrap its roots around her enemies and let go only after they are a mangled corpse.

Lignify allows flora to turn her enemies into wood, turning even the toughest metals into but a wood shield to be obliterated by tenno weaponry. the unfortunate enemies to befell this will become flammable and fragile turning them into easy targets. meanwhile flora may strenghten her or her allies, layering them with a thick plant like epidermis that will eat bullets for them and stop the tenno from being harmed. Flora's lignification is a versatile and powerful ability.

Brambles are the defensive wall that allows flora and her allies to hold their grounds, without sacrificing safety. her brambles lash out radially and will take hold of anything that happens to in their way expanding, and will grasp even those who attempt to pass this wall of thorns. not only are the thorns sharp enough to rend flesh from bone, but they can carry elemental currents through them making them even more dangerous and an utterly lethal trap for her enemies. the brambles may even act as a wall potentially stopping bullets from entering.

Synthesis allows flora to sow the seeds of purity and life. She will lay out a mossy and floral aura, covering her surroundings and cleansing any hazards that are laid out before her. not only will synthesis stop hazards from harming her but it will also regenerate her allies bodies and steal the very life force from enemies to further regenerate them.

Even when on a solo mission, flora is never alone. Verdance allows flora to generate a monstrous carnivorous plant to hunt and eat her prey. dragging it's enemies by the feet and dropping them in it's vicious maw, the plant is but a ferocious embodiment of flora's power. not even flora is able to harm her plant, any attempted attacks on verdance will only hurt the enemies it is chewing on, and will even conduct the energy onto the enemies hurting them further. All of flora's allies benefit from her plant eating enemies. the more it eats, the more energy her allies and her restore.

Flora is an ever adapting force that is completely undying. no matter the situation, flora can adapt, flora can triumph. No matter the odds, may it be 100 to 1, flora will arise and grow her roots in the corpses of enemies. every victory makes her stronger, and every root makes her tougher. As long as flora is on the battlefield her allies will never be in peril.

Flora is the rise of life in it's purest form, so go tenno, go and let her roots cleanse your enemies.

Edited by MrPigman

-snip-

It's good, but... Verbose. Verdance would take a minute to explain on its own.

The Warframe profiles tend to be brief, giving enough for you to understand the basic use of the frame but leaving some open ends for the players to discover for themselves.

The Warframe profiles tend to be brief, giving enough for you to understand the basic use of the frame but leaving some open ends for the players to discover for themselves.

your concept is easy to read how would u explain Flora's Profile

after timing my reading perhaps your right. i was actually afraid it would be to short so i extended things lol. time to snip stuff i guess.

Edited by MrPigman

This... is Flora, an unstoppable force of nature.

The best offense is a good defense and flora brings exactly that to her allies.

Using technocyte spores and pollen, she reduces her enemies into harmless plants, and strengthens her allies.

At this point you would introduce each of her powers. Limit your descriptions to two or three lines each, cut down on the formalities and unnecessary descriptors. The Lotus wants to give you the point, while the accompanying visuals will help you romanticize it.

Brief summary of how mods affect Flora's abilities.

End with a powerful note. For example, two line maximum, talk about how Flora can "adapt to survive" and challenge the Tenno to do the same.

(And try not to repeat "nature" too many times.)

Edited by Archwizard

with technocyte spores and pollen turning her enemies into harmless plants or granting her allies the immortal strength of nature.

Flora allows nature to wrap its roots around her enemies and let go only after they are a mangled corpse.

Lignify allows flora to turn her enemies into wood, turning even the toughest metals into but a wood shield to be obliterated by tenno weaponry. the unfortunate enemies to befell this will become flammable and fragile turning them into easy targets. meanwhile flora may strenghten her or her allies, layering them with a thick plant like epidermis that will eat bullets for them and stop the tenno from being harmed. Flora's lignification is a versatile and powerful ability.

Brambles are the defensive wall that allows flora and her allies to hold their grounds, without sacrificing safety. her brambles lash out radially and will take hold of anything that happens to in their way expanding, and will grasp even those who attempt to pass this wall of thorns. not only are the thorns sharp enough to rend flesh from bone, but they can carry elemental currents through them making them even more dangerous and an utterly lethal trap for her enemies. the brambles may even act as a wall potentially stopping bullets from entering.

Synthesis allows flora to sow the seeds of purity and life. She will lay out a mossy and floral aura, covering her surroundings and cleansing any hazards that are laid out before her. not only will synthesis stop hazards from harming her but it will also regenerate her allies bodies and steal the very life force from enemies to further regenerate them.

Even when on a solo mission, flora is never alone. Verdance allows flora to generate a monstrous carnivorous plant to hunt and eat her prey. dragging it's enemies by the feet and dropping them in it's vicious maw, the plant is but a ferocious embodiment of flora's power. not even flora is able to harm her plant, any attempted attacks on verdance will only hurt the enemies it is chewing on, and will even conduct the energy onto the enemies hurting them further. All of flora's allies benefit from her plant eating enemies. the more it eats, the more energy her allies and her restore.

Flora is an ever adapting force that is completely undying. no matter the situation, flora can adapt, flora can triumph. No matter the odds, may it be 100 to 1, flora will arise and grow her roots in the corpses of enemies. every victory makes her stronger, and every root makes her tougher. As long as flora is on the battlefield her allies will never be in peril.

Flora is the rise of life in it's purest form, so go tenno, go and let her roots cleanse your enemies.

Yeah it is pretty long

probably something like

This is Flora Manipulator of the environment

She redirects the deadliness of nature towards her enemies as well as support her allies.

Flora's abilities master Nature to deadly results

(you describe the abilities)

or something like that for the start this is just an example or start off

well this is just a simple version of a profile

Edited by Hunter126

Lignify allows flora to turn her enemies into wood making the fragile and weak. She can also grant her allies the strength of earth itself. The ultimate control over life itself.

Brambles are the defensive wall that allows flora and her allies to hold their grounds, and punishes those who attempt to infiltrate. they impale, shred and convey all of your elemental fury.

Synthesis allows flora to sow the seeds of purity and life. She will lay out a mossy and floral aura, covering her surroundings and cleansing any hazards that are laid out before her as well as regenerate her and her allies health.

Even when on a solo mission, flora is never alone. Verdance allows flora to generate a monstrous carnivorous plant to hunt and eat her prey. dragging it's enemies by the feet and dropping them in it's vicious maw. to meet their final fate.

Flora manipulates plant life and controls the twisting brambles that strangle life from her foes.

Hopfully this should be good. ive timed myself reading it and i got about 0:01:30, so should be good now.

Edited by MrPigman

At this point you would introduce each of her powers. Limit your descriptions to two or three lines each, cut down on the formalities and unnecessary descriptors. The Lotus wants to give you the point, while the accompanying visuals will help you romanticize it.

Brief summary of how mods affect Flora's abilities.

End with a powerful note. For example, two line maximum, talk about how Flora can "adapt to survive" and challenge the Tenno to do the same.

(And try not to repeat "nature" too many times.)

Now you've got me trying to imagine what sort of fluff the Lotus would say in a reveal trailer. lol.

"A new Tenno has turned to face the sun! This... is Flora. Among the tall trees and twisting brambles of the jungle she strides into battle with all that is green and alive at her beck and call. She turns the very environment itself into a tool to aid her allies in battle. Remember this Tenno: Any structure, no matter how tall or strong, will eventually be reclaimed by natures patient, unrelenting advance."

Now you've got me trying to imagine what sort of fluff the Lotus would say in a reveal trailer. lol.

"A new Tenno has turned to face the sun! This... is Flora. Among the tall trees and twisting brambles of the jungle she strides into battle with all that is green and alive at her beck and call. She turns the very environment itself into a tool to aid her allies in battle. Remember this Tenno: Any structure, no matter how tall or strong, will eventually be reclaimed by natures patient, unrelenting advance."

DEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEeeeeep......

:)

that sounds really nice! mind if i steal bits of that?

Am new to the forums and am a PS4 player. I was going to post a idea that I had about a wood based warframe but I wanted to first see if the idea was already thought of and on it's way. I see that you got it! But I want to say one thing. I love OP powers and honestly I would love to see a wood based ability that could sprout wood from organic material or even energy itself. I think It would be cool if all of a sudden you see a forest being created in a game, nothing to elaborate kinda like Hydroid's tentacle swarm. My wood based frame idea was healer base but able to do massive amounts of damage. Giving you the ability to take damage and dramatically deliver it. But dude, I must say great job. I like your abilities just sharpen them up a bit but so far so good. I hope DE is watching this Forum!! Your Warframe idea reminds me of what I think Saryn's sister would look like and I LOVE Saryn. Anyways good job! 

A new tenno has turned to face the sun. Her reach infinite and ever-growing. This is Flora, the guardian of life and the keeper of earth's undaunted power. with the powers of nature she may shape and change her surroundings and render her enemies useless. Her impenetrable defenses make her a force to be reckoned with.

Lignify turns an enemy into wood rendering them fragile and flammable, meanwhile flora may add some lignification to her allies to grant them a thick plant epidermis to block damage they would take. Her spores are powerful and potent, in her hands they can mean the difference between life or death.

Brambles restrain her enemies and drag them away, holding them to be executed. they will also rend the flesh from bone of the enemies who try to pass through the brambles. not only are they razor sharp but they may conduct the elemental force at your disposal. Dont let a single enemy infiltrate your defenses.

Synthesis creates a floral aura growing vegetation everywhere around her to grow and stay alive when she is near. it reclaims her surroundings stopping enemy hazards and keeps her allies healthy and safe. Allow the vigor of nature to take you.

what is a jungle without a predator. Verdance creates an enormous carnivorous plant that will drag enemies by their feet and drop them in it's jaws, chewing them and consuming them allowing the energy it gains to be shared with flora and her allies. the plant may not even be harmed, it will only exert it's damage onto those it consumes. Even the jungle hungers, tenno.

power strength will affect lignify and verdance the most.

power duration will be best for all of her abilities.

power range would be best for brambles, synthesis, and verdance.

Flora has a high amount of health, health mods will improve that.

flora will need flow so that she may cast frequently.

Remember this Tenno: Any structure, no matter how tall or strong, will eventually be reclaimed by natures patient, unrelenting advance.

how's this sounding guys?

that might be a cool idea

"I am Cephalon Tubal, forger and chronicler of the tennogen warframes.

Do you have a blueprint to add to my foundry?"

Tubal is credited as the first Blacksmith in the book of Genesis, seemed fitting.

A new tenno has turned to face the sun. Her reach infinite and ever-growing (It's good but usually Lotus hasn't said any stuff like that, though it sounds as if it would be part of her Codex Blurb).

This is Flora, the guardian of life and the keeper of earth's undaunted power.

With the powers of nature she may shape and change her surroundings and render her enemies useless.

Her impenetrable defenses make her a force to be reckoned with.

Lignify turns an enemy into wood rendering them fragile and flammable, meanwhile flora may add some lignification to her allies to grant them a thick plant epidermis to block damage they would take. Her spores are powerful and potent, in her hands they can mean the difference between life or death.

Brambles restrains her enemies and drag them away, holding them to be executed. they will also rend the flesh from bone of the enemies who try to pass through the brambles. not only are they razor sharp but they may conduct the elemental force at your disposal. Dont let a single enemy infiltrate your defenses.

Synthesis creates a floral aura growing vegetation everywhere around her to grow and stay alive when she is near. it reclaims her surroundings stopping enemy hazards and keeps her allies healthy and safe. Allow the vigor of nature to take you.

what is a jungle without a predator.

Verdance creates an enormous carnivorous plant that will drag enemies by their feet and drop them in it's jaws, chewing them and consuming them allowing the energy it gains to be shared with flora and her allies. the plant may not even be harmed, it will only exert it's damage onto those it consumes. Even the jungle hungers, tenno.

power strength will affect lignify and verdance the most.

power duration will be best for all of her abilities.

power range would be best for brambles, synthesis, and verdance.

Flora has a high amount of health, health mods will improve that.

flora will need flow so that she may cast frequently. (usually that isn't added, either range, duration, strength or fusion cores and don't you only mention stuff such as health mods if the frames max health is low)

Any structure, no matter how tall or strong, will eventually be reclaimed by natures patient, unrelenting advance, Remember this Tenno. (it sounds better over here)

Well you don't have to listen to me but this I reckon this would sound most like Lotus on a warframe profile video

It is on the quote

though this is my opinion and your concept, do as you please

Edited by Hunter126

Well you don't have to listen to me but this I reckon this would sound most like Lotus on a warframe profile video

It is on the quote

though this is my opinion and your concept, do as you please

hmm, so youre saying basically leave it strictly informational and cut out most of the word play?

hmm, so youre saying basically leave it strictly informational and cut out most of the word play?

That's Lotus for you, but I believe even Hunter's is slightly too wordy for her.

Perhaps more research into the format of Warframe Profiles would benefit this endeavor?

Warframe Profile: Tremor

This is Tremor – the terraformer, the saboteur.

The embodiment of pragmatism, Tremor’s preferred battleground is the underground.

Tremor’s abilities allow him to transmute surrounding stone and metal, physically reshaping the battlefield as he sees fit:

Barricade creates a solid wall of minerals, which can be used as cover from incoming fire, a launching pad against enemies, or a platform for fellow Tenno. Melee strikes can launch the stone, which will shatter on impact with enemies for additional damage.

Burrow merges Tremor into the floor and walls, removing him from combat to place his traps in secrecy and safety, as well as increasing Tremor’s movement speed.

Quicksand weakens the ground in contact with Tremor while active. Once deactivated, all areas marked by Tremor collapse into sandpits, inescapable to any foes who attempt to cross.

Get ready for The Big One, Tenno. Worldbreaker causes the affected area to become unstable. Once triggered by an enemy, it becomes the epicenter of a damaging quake that adapts its elemental attribute to its current environment.

Tremor’s territorial control can be expanded with the use of mods. A Duration mod will affect all of Tremor’s abilities, while a Range mod will increase the area affected by Barricade, Quicksand and Worldbreaker. With the addition of a Strength mod, Barricade and Worldbreaker can become more devastating weapons.

Our enemies may reach beyond Earth, Tenno, but Tremor reminds them to fear the rumbling beneath their feet.

Edited by Archwizard