Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Increases With Forma.

Mizar0011

--------------DISREGARD-------------------

Reason: 3RD to last post.

So I don't know about anyone else but I would like to see the option added to a forma so that instead of just adding or changing a polarity slot you could use it to buff the weapon damage for one damage type by 10 points or so. Nothing too huge but eventually stacking. Allowing late game players to seriously increase their power (dark sector conflict would use weapon base stats not the forma buffed stats) and by allowing the buff also allows for T5's etc. To reduce a saturated RNG pool. Due to increasing difficulty but also increasing power of weapons. Aside from that if I like the way the braton prime plays but compared to boltor or soma prime it's not worth it. Now I can make it worth it to keep using. Makes all weapons end game viable.

Idk. Just an idea.

Also would make forma farming a thing for people beyond mastery like 6.

Edited by Mizar0011

So...basically every weapon can become a 100% Red Crit 100% Status Boltor Prime with enough forma.

Eh......na. I do like the whole using forma for something else. I would like to see after a certain amount of forma, a player can feel free to change all polarities in a weapon without putting a single forma, like at 10 formas, no longer do you need to forma, just change whatever you want, to maybe reward players experimenting with their setups.

Besides that, A viral electric/radiation/fire Braton P absolutely shred even in T4, The viral proc is too cash. I personally use Viral electric since I only have 3 slots for elemental and i can switch to Corrosive Cold when i need to easily, but it's still sooo good.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

No.

You can buff the weapon, but only by adding mods.

More Forma = More Mods.

I am very sorry but your idea just seems OP.

Also the Braton Prime is very strong, when compared to the Boltor and the Soma:

It's Damage is only slightly lower while it's status chance just destroys:

http://goo.gl/WUdvOU

(The Build I am actually using)

In addition to that: Hitscan.

The Boltor deals more DPS but it's effectiveness will fall of rapidly due to lower status chance.

http://goo.gl/HcZR3s

(Less Forma)

But The Soma is still the Worst of them:

http://goo.gl/Bz981s

(Because of it's RoF)

Now look at the Status chance again and tell me that it is not worth it.

The Braton Prime is a Status Weapon.

STATUS FTW.

You have to choose your weapon depending on your playstyle.

Not on DPS.

That's why your Forma Idea is not good at all.

I can see this becoming a serious power creep problem, not to mention weapons would be much harder to balance.

If you think about Soma prime and stuff like that your right, but what about less powerfull weapons, like Braton, or tiberus?

There could be a Weapon- Specific limit on stat increases, which is like 2 for Soma/Boltor Prime and like 10 for, Braton/Dera/akmagnus

There would defenitely need to be a cap on it. As to the braton prime that was just the first weapon that popped into my head. So lets change instead to the sicarus prime -_- vs the synoid grammacor. as an IE. I have a bit of a problem with limitting amounts on certain weapons. but lets say instead a (just numbers not real numbers) non-prime weapon can get up to 300 flat damage (no status etc. just the amount of puncture impact and slash added together) and a prime could go to 450 the same way. there would i was also thinking this is just for damage, no status or crit chance or crit damage increases. And again just an idea. because i like the way some weapons play (hate) but i dont think im going to use it vs my dragon nikana. (maybe im just running the wrong build here or something) but ill tell you right now, how much i hated leveling the sicarus and sicarus prime due to damage etc. once again maybe i just modded them wrong.

I defenitely see and agree with the points made. (90% anyways)

Edited by Mizar0011

Yeah, thinking about it again. if they all had in the end the same damage potential, but some have better status and crit chance etc. all it would do would be to change "favorites" since they can all in the end do the same damage, then you just get the highest crit chance or status chance weapon, with maxed damage and it destroys the lower crit or status chance weapons. so never mind i guess. thanks all.

--------------DISREGARD-------------------

Reason: 3RD to last post.

So I don't know about anyone else but I would like to see the option added to a forma so that instead of just adding or changing a polarity slot you could use it to buff the weapon damage for one damage type by 10 points or so. Nothing too huge but eventually stacking. Allowing late game players to seriously increase their power (dark sector conflict would use weapon base stats not the forma buffed stats) and by allowing the buff also allows for T5's etc. To reduce a saturated RNG pool. Due to increasing difficulty but also increasing power of weapons. Aside from that if I like the way the braton prime plays but compared to boltor or soma prime it's not worth it. Now I can make it worth it to keep using. Makes all weapons end game viable.

Idk. Just an idea.

Also would make forma farming a thing for people beyond mastery like 6.

Really like the idea, cause I´m kinda fed up of using always the same weapons just because they are OP, it would give much more variety. Nowadays if you want to go to T3-4 endless missions and you plan to survive more than 20 min or 20 waves etc you must use either boltor prime or soma. I really liked Braton i had it potatoed with 4 formas, and had to sell it cause became useless compared to those weapons.

Edited by HitokiriGuille

I think it'd be interesting that instead of adding damage, it should increase in a certain stat with each forma along with a polarity. Very small increases to certain stats or adding passives to the weapon. That way we could find use in every single wep in the game by eventually forma'ing it enough