Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Strongly Oppose The Primed Mods Aka Serrations

Psycomet

Edit: To make matters clear, a summary: The new primed mods are each rank 10 mods and thus require the equivalent cores of maxxing a serration, which I see as a problem. I'm saying please don't release these mods as fusable upto rank 10. Make them rank 3 or 5 max.

Believe me, this is not a rage thread. I think Warframe is in a good place right now. In less than a year I have found it broaden its scope tenfolds. There's so much to do now. But as should be with all problems, we should nip it in the bud.

At a time when you are contemplating removing serration, what was the "prime" cause of introducing more serration like mods? Yes maybe the players (all hail veterans) liked them and didn't complain, but of course they won't. It's REWARDS for gods sake. I remember doing 100 missions in the Gradivus dilemma and then sitting down like, wait why did I do that? Yes Warframe is based on loot and completionism. And completionism requires grind. But this is not the right kind of grind. Not the fun kind of grind. Even if 50% of the playerbase has or will generate enough credits/cores to max one serration per day, it still doesn't make it okay.

Let's speak from a balance perspective. Will the +20% power duration help with the power creep that comes on you in T4? Will it solve the overwhelming gap between those enemies and the Tenno whose abilities remain constant throughout? Will it make lower or middle level enemies any more fun than the one shotting pinatas they are now?

What is fun are augment mods that make you want to revisit older frames/weapons. There are other weapons than the three in each syndicate that need love. What if there were two augments for a weapon and you had to choose between one or the other depending on your play style?

Tldr. I am a semi-hardcore player and still here after a year and a half of playing I think. I have seen players come and go. Within two months they had reached R17 and had everything in the game. Now they are gone. What I'm saying is, in my experience (maybe this is just my theory), this kind of grind/completionist approach cannot hold players for long. Cool art and lore keep players hooked. I strongly recommend we work on that more and more.

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry if I rambled.

PS. Thanks for Vectis skins! DE ANd the awesome people who made them!

Edited by Psycomet

The desire to get rid of Serration has nothing to do with it requiring grind to max. I have no problem with Rank 10 mods.

I want to get rid of Serration because it's a "necessary" mod.

I agree with you, we need a lot more cool art and lore, but... I don't think the primed mods are something that are detracting from the development of those.

The desire to get rid of Serration has nothing to do with it requiring grind to max. I have no problem with Rank 10 mods.

I want to get rid of Serration because it's a "necessary" mod.

I agree. I could've gone on and on. Think about it, you have a Continuity which gives 30% power duration, then the primed version, which gives just an additional 20% but to rank up that mod you need to grind ten times more. Maybe that 20% means a lot for some abilities, and that means it is an ESSENTIAL mod now as opposed to Narrow minded which is interesting because if you put it on, there is a penalty and it's your choice whether you want it or not.

Edit: To make matters clear, a summary: The new primed mods are each rank 10 mods and thus require the equivalent cores of maxxing a serration, which I see as a problem.

I wish it took only as much as serration. It actually takes a lot more, which is kind off a problem. Making them rank 5 would solve that problem, but I bet you you'd get veterans who will complain that it's too easy to get for people who have a life or just simply didn't spend two years here yet, like me. So as much as I'd like that, it's not going to happen.

Edit: To make matters clear, a summary: The new primed mods are each rank 10 mods and thus require the equivalent cores of maxxing a serration, which I see as a problem. I'm saying please don't release these mods as fusable upto rank 10. Make them rank 3 or 5 max.

Believe me, this is not a rage thread. I think Warframe is in a good place right now. In less than a year I have found it broaden its scope tenfolds. There's so much to do now. But as should be with all problems, we should nip it in the bud.

At a time when you are contemplating removing serration, what was the "prime" cause of introducing more serration like mods? Yes maybe the players (all hail veterans) liked them and didn't complain, but of course they won't. It's REWARDS for gods sake. I remember doing 100 missions in the Gradivus dilemma and then sitting down like, wait why did I do that? Yes Warframe is based on loot and completionism. And completionism requires grind. But this is not the right kind of grind. Not the fun kind of grind. Even if 50% of the playerbase has or will generate enough credits/cores to max one serration per day, it still doesn't make it okay.

Let's speak from a balance perspective. Will the +20% power duration help with the power creep that comes on you in T4? Will it solve the overwhelming gap between those enemies and the Tenno whose abilities remain constant throughout? Will it make lower or middle level enemies any more fun than the one shotting pinatas they are now?

What is fun are augment mods that make you want to revisit older frames/weapons. There are other weapons than the three in each syndicate that need love. What if there were two augments for a weapon and you had to choose between one or the other depending on your play style?

Tldr. I am a semi-hardcore player and still here after a year and a half of playing I think. I have seen players come and go. Within two months they had reached R17 and had everything in the game. Now they are gone. What I'm saying is, in my experience (maybe this is just my theory), this kind of grind/completionist approach cannot hold players for long. Cool art and lore keep players hooked. I strongly recommend we work on that more and more.

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry if I rambled.

PS. Thanks for Vectis skins! DE ANd the awesome people who made them!

DE probably has an infinite interesting different augments to try, but how can they put them in without making current content pathetic? They are revising a lot of the modding, art and even lore as we speak and even the focus system. The boss reworks has been a long mission started since update 9 if you didn't know.

We have already come about almost 7 updates later and nearly half the bosses have been remade. Soon we are getting Tyl Regor and Kyle De tham reworks, so everything is coming around.

Edited by Niryco

I wish it took only as much as serration. It actually takes a lot more, which is kind off a problem. Making them rank 5 would solve that problem, but I bet you you'd get veterans who will complain that it's too easy to get for people who have a life or just simply didn't spend two years here yet, like me. So as much as I'd like that, it's not going to happen.

Yes sire I must say that's sadly true.

DE probably has an infinite interesting different augments to try, but how can they put them in without making current content pathetic? They are revising a lot of the modding, art and even lore as we speak and even the focus system. The boss reworks has been a long mission started since update 9 if you didn't know.

We have already come about almost 7 updates later and nearly half the bosses have been remade. Soon we are getting Tyl Regor and Kyle De tham reworks, so everything is coming around.

Haha, perhaps putting the part about the lore may have indicated that I am complaining of less lore in the game. But in fact I was not. I'm not complaining of a lack of content. I'm just speaking of a current issue with the primed mods. As far as lore and content goes, I have been of the same opinion as you since I first started playing.

IF I would see Primed Serration Rank 12 195% damage FORGET IT! additional 30% damage for TON OF CORES and Credits NO THANKS.

But I think if there will be primed serration they will just buff damage per rank. Rank10 Serration 200% or 250%.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

My opinion about primed mods is they are just more gamebreaker stuffs. They nerfed recently some frame and stuff and now they make primed versions instead of balancing the key mods and do something with the utilities. A primed serration would be at least 250% and the primed pressure point 220%. etc.

The primed mods should given something different. They wanted a balance but always break that with their unbalanced additions because they want to make profit with op stuffs,

Edited by Sziklamester

The problem is, developers treat mods as cards in CCG. There's no other explaination. In CCG it would be normal to never buff Warm Coat but instead release Warmer Goat Legendary that gives immunity to ice level effects. And to release new Serration every expansion. And to release card +60% status for 7 and never buff +15% status for 9. For a CCG this is normal and expected.

Here's the problem: Warframe is NOT a CCG. Mods are not cards. Cards are content in itself. It works in CCGs because cards are the core gameplay content itself. Serration is not gameplay. You don't see it in game, you don't play it. It just changes numbers under the hood.

And even if Warframe was a CCG primed point blank would still be just pointless powercreep worse than Dr. Boom in Hearthstone.

Haha, perhaps putting the part about the lore may have indicated that I am complaining of less lore in the game. But in fact I was not. I'm not complaining of a lack of content. I'm just speaking of a current issue with the primed mods. As far as lore and content goes, I have been of the same opinion as you since I first started playing.

Well i tried to come up with a new idea for primed mods to add to a new gameplay element called Dual Fusion which is simply creating dual stats mod with certain rules.

It aims to change up customization, so well players like us has alot more to look forward to for grinding.