Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mod: Grand Larsenist

Llyssa

So, despite it being one of the supposed "useless" mods, Master Thief is probably one of my favorites to have.

Unfortunately, with the advent of syndicate medallions, Thief's Wit tends to be more needed, and things get awkward trying to cram in both(and Loot Detector is a nice aura, but doesn't always match polarities).

It would be nifty if there was a nightmare mod that offered both(ability to crack lockers, and ability to sense items). Probably in lesser amounts than either alone would, and, on the semi-power-creepy side, the ability to stack with both.

It's not super necessary, but it's annoying to find all these treasure room with locked lockers and not be able to open any of them.

90% chance to open a locker WHEN the lazy dog decides to try to open it. Plus all the kubrows in the galaxy and not one knows how to fetch.

Edit: Super fan of the idea of a nightmare mod for this. I use theifs wit all the time. Nearly every build has is on there...I like shiny stuff...lol

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

Bring a Kubrow. One mod for them gives a 90% chance to open a locker when maxed out.

Except that, as mentioned by jwernecke, they are very bad at finding the dreaded lockers.

But what I wanted to add to that is the fact that kubrows take AGES to open a single locker, let alone several of them in a row.

Masterthief only requires you to roll along a row of lockers and they open very quickly.

(Thanks Yuikami!)

121_by_yuikami_da-d6olb1i.jpg

Edited by Cyborger1

(I would like to note that anyone saying "bring a kubrow" has never tried to get a kubrow into a treasure room).

Kubrows teleport towards you if you're far enough. I cleared an entire void exterminate map, complete with secret rooms, with my kubrow and couldn't open only 7 lockers out of the several dozen locked ones. 

Edit: Yes, I counted. I was farming Argon with a friend and we decided to test the scavenge mod while we were at it.

Edited by Grander.Alderman

Kubrows teleport towards you if you're far enough. I cleared an entire void exterminate map, complete with secret rooms, with my kubrow and couldn't open only 7 lockers out of the several dozen locked ones. 

Edit: Yes, I counted. I was farming Argon with a friend and we decided to test the scavenge mod while we were at it.

I can definitely assert that they generally can't reach most treasure rooms as the treasure rooms are generally in locations they cannot reach(wall running or pit diving or other fun things required), but aren't far enough away from the kubrows to trigger their teleporting.

I can definitely assert that they generally can't reach most treasure rooms as the treasure rooms are generally in locations they cannot reach(wall running or pit diving or other fun things required), but aren't far enough away from the kubrows to trigger their teleporting.

That is, unless you put some distance between you and the treasure room, make sure the kubrow is with you, then quickly enter the room before your kubrow follows you. this way the only room my dog couldn't enter was the one in the pipe behind the waterfall in the small room. It can be meddlesome sometimes but pretty easy once you get the hang of moving fast.

That is, unless you put some distance between you and the treasure room, make sure the kubrow is with you, then quickly enter the room before your kubrow follows you. this way the only room my dog couldn't enter was the one in the pipe behind the waterfall in the small room. It can be meddlesome sometimes but pretty easy once you get the hang of moving fast.

Okay, so you're saying, rather than requesting a mod that allows me to check first hand, I need to:

1. bring a kubrow

2. run FAR AWAY from my intended target

3. run as fast as I possibly can so that I reach my target location before my kubrow can catch up

4. *hope* it teleports in

5. wait 10 minutes while it slowly decides to check the lockers for me.

6. repeat once for every single treasure room on a map.

...think about the level of absurd that is.

Edited by Llyssa

Okay, so you're saying, rather than requesting a mod that allows me to check first hand, I need to:

1. bring a kubrow

2. run FAR AWAY from my intended target

3. run as fast as I possibly can so that I reach my target location before my kubrow can catch up

4. *hope* it teleports in

5. wait 10 minutes while it slowly decides to check the lockers for me.

6. repeat once for every single treasure room on a map.

...think about the level of absurd that is.

1. yes

2. you got it 

3. kubrow A.I. is stupid, so it's hilariously easy to do (also, there's parkour, obstacles and teleport abilities that help)

4. it does

5. it takes about 5 seconds to open a locker... I know that in a fast paced action game a couple of seconds may seem like ages, but that's just your perception of time.

6. 40% (Master Thief) vs 90% (Scavenge)... (haven't tried using both at the same time yet...)

... level of absurd is pretty low if opening those lockers is your objective. It's obviously not useful if you're speed running the map.

1. yes

2. you got it 

3. kubrow A.I. is stupid, so it's hilariously easy to do (also, there's parkour, obstacles and teleport abilities that help)

4. it does

5. it takes about 5 seconds to open a locker... I know that in a fast paced action game a couple of seconds may seem like ages, but that's just your perception of time.

6. 40% (Master Thief) vs 90% (Scavenge)... (haven't tried using both at the same time yet...)

... level of absurd is pretty low if opening those lockers is your objective. It's obviously not useful if you're speed running the map.

5 seconds to *open* a locker... When there's 8 locked lockers, it doesn't take the kubrow 40 seconds to try them all. It tries 1, and then maybe 30 seconds to a minute later, it tries another... sometimes.

EDIT: Also, MT+Scavenge stack(both have a chance to open it).

Edited by Llyssa