Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Wielding Two Weapon Types

SwiftPotato12

Why? There would be no sense in doing that.

Do you get to dual wield wands and great swords at level 1 on rpgs that allow dual wielding? No. Why? Because it would be over powered.

Take Synapse and Dakra prime for example. Lets say my Dakra prime does 10k a hit. My Synapse does around 10k sustained(Bare with me, these numbers may not be exact). So you figure, thats quite a lot of sustained damage, right? I'm poorly presenting it, but just think of the numbers. Would you want a MR1 running around dealing damage cap? No that wouldnt be any fun. Nothing to aim for.

i can understand the MR lock if it were lower....but MR 19 is way too harsh....

would these said dual wielding combos give more mastery as well?

Thats a wonderful idea. The MR19 was just an idea. Maybe MR10 unlocks dual wield. From there you get two mastery paths. One for weapon mastery, another for everything else mastery.

On another note: For limiting how this works, Maybe work it in so only weapons that can be wielded with one hand can be used. Ex. you cant dual wield bows.

Edited by SwiftPotato12

Do you get to dual wield wands and great swords at level 1 on rpgs that allow dual wielding? No. Why? Because it would be over powered.

Take Synapse and Dakra prime for example. Lets say my Dakra prime does 10k a hit. My Synapse does around 10k sustained(Bare with me, these numbers may not be exact). So you figure, thats quite a lot of sustained damage, right? I'm poorly presenting it, but just think of the numbers. Would you want a MR1 running around dealing damage cap? No that wouldnt be any fun. Nothing to aim for.

Thats a wonderful idea. The MR19 was just an idea. Maybe MR10 unlocks dual wield. From there you get two mastery paths. One for weapon mastery, another for everything else mastery.

MR 19 is too high. atleast MR 8 cause thats when the last MR locked weapon is unlocked

MR for warframe already doesn't make sense (MR7 for Acrid, and MR0 for Boltor Prime). 

This is true. Hopefully DE Steve's year of quality includes some mastery unlock balancing. However, if you'll remember, Acrid was the sh!t before damage 2.0.

the days when a dart gun was the best gun in the game. or wait which one is acrid? is it a dart gun or a spray? i can't remember! ;~;

FTFY

Probably doesn't make sense as a progression because it's not a progression. It's just a collection.

holy cow i just figured out what FTFY stands for! i feel so slooooooow!! >.<

Edited by LordOfScrugging

In a RPG you would have one or more characters, and such things would be tied to the development of an individual character. Mastery rank is not a comparative example.

There's no sense in tying it to MR, other than to make a small subset of the players with high MR feel special.

On another note: For limiting how this works, Maybe work it in so only weapons that can be wielded with one hand can be used. Ex. you cant dual wield bows.

You know, aside from the fact that you can't even get either of those weapons at Mastery 1.

MR10 is ridiculous as well. If you're going to introduce a concept that completely changes the way people play, don't put it behind a grind wall. People complain about that S#&amp;&#036; any other time there's something like that *cough* 15.5 *cough* 15.7 *cough*.... If you want to keep players working at something and from being "too OP" and "dealing damage cap" at such a low level, it would be rooted at having so many high damage weapons in the game and 95% of them you can get before you're rank 8, and then another large amount you can get before you're even rank 4, and people can just give them to you for free, if they feel so nice (Boltor Prime). That's the real problem here.

Grind drives new players away, not keep them engaged. Ask U7 me.

You know, aside from the fact that you can't even get either of those weapons at Mastery 1.

MR10 is ridiculous as well. If you're going to introduce a concept that completely changes the way people play, don't put it behind a grind wall. People complain about that S#&$ any other time there's something like that *cough* 15.5 *cough* 15.7 *cough*.... If you want to keep players working at something and from being "too OP" and "dealing damage cap" at such a low level, it would be rooted at having so many high damage weapons in the game and 95% of them you can get before you're rank 8, and then another large amount you can get before you're even rank 4, and people can just give them to you for free, if they feel so nice (Boltor Prime). That's the real problem here.

Grind drives new players away, not keep them engaged. Ask U7 me.

This is a valid point. But until DE fixes mastery lock on weapons like boltor prime, and upgrades the trading system, This would be useless.

In response to those saying things like:

"Brakk + Dakra Prime? No thanks."

Why not? Because the damage would be 'OP' thats why. So what could be done to fix this is small debuffs when doing this in addition to the buffs. Ex. You have Boltor prime and Brakk. The reload speed goes from what would be 2.4s to 4.8s. Why? Because you have a full clip of Brakk to unload on the enemies in between reloading. This might be something nice to implement like how you can use Fireball, and Shock while you are reloading without it interrupting it. Again, this was just a thought. Maybe a concept later on if I get the time. Either way, this was intended to start a constructive discussion like the first couple responses were, not complaints as to why this would be terrible. If you think it would be bad, explain why and what could be done to fix it, or do not post here.

In a RPG you would have one or more characters, and such things would be tied to the development of an individual character. Mastery rank is not a comparative example.

There's no sense in tying it to MR, other than to make a small subset of the players with high MR feel special.

Trying to bring logic to the depraved few who think their mastery rank makes them better is like trying to build a snowman in July; It's probably not going to work.