Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Balance The Game We Need Enemy Level Cap . Nothing More Nothing Less

AMDMAD

Really? Because I'm pretty sure that if you hole yourself up in a bunker with high tech guns and the enemy keeps losing units, then also loses a few tanks - god knows how that could happen - they would shrug and nuke the place from orbit. If THAT also failed, then probably getting the local Star to go Nova might be the next step, all other life in the system be damned.

I don't give a rats tail how strong you think you should be, "infinite escalation" means that the units coming against you are only SHAPED like people. Last time I looked, Superman is also shaped like a person, but regardless of how "prepared" you are, you can't beat him. And before you say "but Kriptonite", you should remember that he can hit you with a thrown rock from orbit, THAT is the entire point, that being if "you" can prepare, so can the damn enemy when they scale high enough, and when they have scaled enough, you WILL always lose.

Enemies in this game don't scale for challenge sake, they do it to stop people farming endlessly, which they try and do, constantly, by exploiting every weakness in the game and AI they can find.

Ppl exploit here because of the ridiculsy high RNG that excists which stops any other form of "fair play " to be achieved . Aka DE forces us to exploit in order to overpass their huge walls of grind etc . Also you can kill Superman with magic so if he is in orbit and dies  i can call magic thus your argument is invalid :p

1+ Having a level cap on enemies will allow DE to balance the game more accurately.

I said this six months ago, they coulld solve a whole load of problems on the game if they just sat down, today, and said as of the next patch we will be removing the infinite enemy scaling.

Then they could focus on actual content rather than chasing their tales with nerfs, buffs, "balancing (stealth nerfs)" and creating ever more convoluted damage and weapon types and status cards.

Then they could get rid of RNG in the next patch and put the content and weapon types behind challengs like Destinys bounty system, but with the bounties available to the player and not hidden behind RNG.

You want a boltor receiver? Sure, but this is what you've got to do- kill 500 enemies with melee only on appolodorus, kill 500 enemies with pistol headshots, defeat x boss 5 times.

Ok, I know what I have to do. I know that if I do that, I will get that part, in a certain amount of time, rather than going over and over and over and over and over again attacking the same mission type for part with a 3% drop rate.

They could put a little tab at the bottom that says purchase part for X platinum, they could make the bounties as awkward or as tedious as they like, but at least a player would know what he had to do.

I said this six months ago, they coulld solve a whole load of problems on the game if they just sat down, today, and said as of the next patch we will be removing the infinite enemy scaling.

Then they could focus on actual content rather than chasing their tales with nerfs, buffs, "balancing (stealth nerfs)" and creating ever more convoluted damage and weapon types and status cards.

Then they could get rid of RNG in the next patch and put the content and weapon types behind challengs like Destinys bounty system, but with the bounties available to the player and not hidden behind RNG.

You want a boltor receiver? Sure, but this is what you've got to do- kill 500 enemies with melee only on appolodorus, kill 500 enemies with pistol headshots, defeat x boss 5 times.

Ok, I know what I have to do. I know that if I do that, I will get that part, in a certain amount of time, rather than going over and over and over and over and over again attacking the same mission type for part with a 3% drop rate.

They could put a little tab at the bottom that says purchase part for X platinum, they could make the bounties as awkward or as tedious as they like, but at least a player would know what he had to do.

I agree on that but how about making the Void kinda like syndicates ? Hear me out each void mission you achieve you get certain points when you get the amount of points that you need ( lets say 1000 points for boltor bp ) you can buy it from a special void market . The Void points will escalate of course of your mastery thus rewarding the higher ranked players and giving the lower ones to have  a purpose . How that sounds 

The argument "enemy gets stronger and stronger" doesn't apply here. The last time in Breeding Grounds it was found that enemies have a health cap of 66535. If anything they only hurt more up to one-hit which is not a challenge at all.

Edited by Twilight053

more than enemy, i want to see cap level in some statistics, like armour or shield...heavy gunner become a bullet sponge at 40 min into a survival 4

Or maybe the enemies become more dangerous but more vulnerable at some type of damage at hight levels

Infinitve scaling is good - everyone can choose his own difficulty.

The only problem we have is the armour scaling - you have to use 4x Corrosive Projection if you want to play long Grineer and Void missions. This takes only options from the players away in terms of aura-choice.

Infinitve scaling is good - everyone can choose his own difficulty.

The only problem we have is the armour scaling - you have to use 4x Corrosive Projection if you want to play long Grineer and Void missions. This takes only options from

Tell me, how do we work with Difficulty: Infinite?

By neutering them with CC like difficulty: Medium?

Really? Because I'm pretty sure that if you hole yourself up in a bunker with high tech guns and the enemy keeps losing units, then also loses a few tanks - god knows how that could happen - they would shrug and nuke the place from orbit. If THAT also failed, then probably getting the local Star to go Nova might be the next step, all other life in the system be damned.

I don't give a rats tail how strong you think you should be, "infinite escalation" means that the units coming against you are only SHAPED like people. Last time I looked, Superman is also shaped like a person, but regardless of how "prepared" you are, you can't beat him. And before you say "but Kriptonite", you should remember that he can hit you with a thrown rock from orbit, THAT is the entire point, that being if "you" can prepare, so can the damn enemy when they scale high enough, and when they have scaled enough, you WILL always lose.

Enemies in this game don't scale for challenge sake, they do it to stop people farming endlessly, which they try and do, constantly, by exploiting every weakness in the game and AI they can find.

Huh, how did I miss this? Yet again, you forget you weren't talking to me anymore.

To be fair, somehow I misunderstood the concept of this thread and assumed it was talking about enemy difficulty IN-GENERAL, but it is indeed specific to endless missions. Infinite scaling THERE is stupid for other reasons. Reasons like Viver, which kinda proved how simply making enemies tougher and more hard-hitting doesn't necessarily make them more difficult.

If DE wants a clever way to force people out of endless missions they need to choose something Players can't find loopholes around, like... simply making endless missions not endless anymore. It's clear that the enemy scaling was kind-of their way of whispering "we don't actually want you to be here very long. This isn't a challenge, this is us trying to kick you out, dammit.". The fact that players find ways around this isn't showing that DE was merely challenging us and some rose to meet it, it's showing us that DE didn't think we could, and were wrong.

Huh, how did I miss this? Yet again, you forget you weren't talking to me anymore.

To be fair, somehow I misunderstood the concept of this thread and assumed it was talking about enemy difficulty IN-GENERAL, but it is indeed specific to endless missions. Infinite scaling THERE is stupid for other reasons. Reasons like Viver, which kinda proved how simply making enemies tougher and more hard-hitting doesn't necessarily make them more difficult.

If DE wants a clever way to force people out of endless missions they need to choose something Players can't find loopholes around, like... simply making endless missions not endless anymore. It's clear that the enemy scaling was kind-of their way of whispering "we don't actually want you to be here very long. This isn't a challenge, this is us trying to kick you out, dammit.". The fact that players find ways around this isn't showing that DE was merely challenging us and some rose to meet it, it's showing us that DE didn't think we could, and were wrong.

No i was talking about whole solar map because if you read again if you enter a lets call "zone" in solar map with low level enemies then your gear will downgrade according to that  damage zone in order to be also challenging and not 1 shooting everything . However the weapon damage / mods will scale according to leve enemies . FOr example even if you enter a low level zone lets say 5 if you farm long enough to reach them at a max level lets say 150 your weapon will have full damage there . So your damage mods will scale with enemies thus never being too op or too up (regarding the class of the weapon because if it is low tier it the max damage will be considerly lower than a high rank weapon ) making it always challenging and fun no matter on what planet you are